Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Thank you so much for that Boxx......I know you appreciate good photography when you see it (not to mention wine from 'our' club! ;)

.......you know, the 'new guys' around here are really adding some character to the forum ^_^ Good to see Steve here as well !

I will have MORE dinner photos from tonight's dish, but that will be tomorrow or so... I really want to share my chili pepper story with you all.... also coming up soon! (I promise....)

............g

Edited by TIgerman

you all are very talented and i commend you one and all.

Myself, i've gotten quite adept at ordering off the menu. I can order most anything by now. Actually, my daughter is staying with me for awhile and tonight she cooked a VERY large dish of lasagna. And if there are any inquisitive minds out there … YES i put ketchup on it and a bit in my salad dressing too!

Edited by BigStewMan

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening foodies !!

Well, high time to add just a few photos....... Let's start with our breakfast out on the deck.... Here is our place setting... Chris' plate on the left and is a two egg omelet started in the pan with butter. The egg mixture has fresh chive and a wonderful crated cheese similar to the sweetness of a Swiss. My eggs are 'Egg Beaters' along with fresh olive oil saute'd chives and thyme.... Since my parrot GB was joining us, there is no salt in this mixture. Each plate has Tater Tots. English muffins toasted on the side, organic raspberry preserves and ketchup for my tots and eggs. OJ and a robust dark roast coffee here too......

c11efdd831f1f2474d0fb997f5b09952_zps17ad

• Like 1

• Moderators

mmmm, Ketchup.

Your just not right BSM.

NO KETCHUP NEEDED HERE. :ph34r:

We went off the "somewhat diet" today and made a Muffuletta. The idea started when my x brother in law came to stay a few days to visit everyone from Atlanta. When he left he forgot a quart of Boscoli Italian olive salad when he packed to go home, well he's not getting it back.

That bottle kept calling my name until I gave in today. The wife went to the store and came back with Genoa salami, smoked ham, and provolone cheese with a couple muffuletta buns.

Christy split the buns and brushed on the EVO and added the meat and cheese with olive salad on top, left open and baked in the oven until hot all the way through with the cheese melted. Cut into 8 pieces, I love these things and I have to say it was as good as the original muffuletta from central grocery in the quarter. :emotion-21: If you have never tried one do yourself a favor.

http://www.nolacuisine.com/2009/05/24/central-grocery/

Sorry only one pic

post-9700-0-53960000-1405390685_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

mmmm, Ketchup.

Your just not right BSM.

We went off the "somewhat diet" today and made a Muffuletta. The idea started when my x brother in law came to stay a few days to visit everyone from Atlanta. When he left he forgot a quart of Boscoli Italian olive salad when he packed to go home, well he's not getting it back.

That bottle kept calling my name until I gave in today. The wife went to the store and came back with Genoa salami, smoked ham, and provolone cheese with a couple muffuletta buns.

Christy split the buns and brushed on the EVO and added the meat and cheese with olive salad on top, left open and baked in the oven until hot all the way through with the cheese melted. Cut into 8 pieces, I love these things and I have to say it was as good as the original muffuletta from central grocery in the quarter. :emotion-21: If you have never tried one do yourself a favor.

Sorry only one pic

with all due respect, you have some ingredients there that require ketchup … bread, meat, cheese, and EVO. The sandwiches look very good.

Shrimp Po-boy for Moi Dressed!

mmmm, Ketchup.

Your just not right BSM.

Sorry only one pic

• Like 1

• Moderators

Your right

I have not met a po-boy I didn't liked, there are hundreds of different ones made by every little corner store, it's a really underestimated food.

Hot sausage, roast beef/gravy, oysters, softshell crab, BLT, fries with roast beef gravy, the list is endless and dressed is the only way to go and it has to be the right kind of bread, not that funky dry rubbery stuff like what they use on "subs", real French bread.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

• Moderators
with all due respect, you have some ingredients there that require ketchup … bread, meat, cheese, and EVO.

I would bet if you tried it you would like it without, you could always get fries as a carrier for ketchup as a back up to not break your tradition ?

I know it's a stretch but just a couple bites without ketchup, think of it as a new adventure, breaking free, letting loose, a fresh start, OK I know I'm wasting my time put ketchup on it. :(:P

• Like 1

That's why I buy 25 loaves of French bread whenever I come close to New Orleans...

If I lived near, I'd dress out at about 300 lbs

Your right

I have not met a po-boy I didn't liked, there are hundreds of different ones made by every little corner store, it's a really underestimated food.

Hot sausage, roast beef/gravy, oysters, softshell crab, BLT, fries with roast beef gravy, the list is endless and dressed is the only way to go and it has to be the right kind of bread, not that funky dry rubbery stuff like what they use on "subs", real French bread.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Your right, this was the first bread I had in weeks, so I went all out. It was REALLY good but to tell the truth I don't feel great, after watching what I eat this was a big jump and I feel it. Not sorry though.

• Like 1

mmmm, Ketchup.

Your just not right BSM.

Sorry only one pic

Ah yes.... the Muffuletta, good indeed....

DSC_0059-1.jpg

• Like 1

with all due respect, you have some ingredients there that require ketchup … bread, meat, cheese, and EVO.

I would bet if you tried it you would like it without, you could always get fries as a carrier for ketchup as a back up to not break your tradition ?

I know it's a stretch but just a couple bites without ketchup, think of it as a new adventure, breaking free, letting loose, a fresh start, OK I know I'm wasting my time put ketchup on it. :(:P

Because i'm a peace loving guy, I would give it a try sans the Ketchup. I remember being a teen and my mom threatening to give me a bowl of ketchup and a loaf of bread for dinner--of course, i said i'd be fine with that. Someday you guys will understand ... ketchup is the highest compliment. You don't waste perfectly good ketchup on crappy food. It's like a food has been Knighted.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

mmmm, Ketchup.

Your just not right BSM.

Sorry only one pic

Going to have to try to make a couple of these soon. Can you use giardiniera, or should olive salad be used? I love hot giardiniera and occasionally put it on pizza with Italian beef and Italian sausage.

• Moderators
Going to have to try to make a couple of these soon. Can you use giardiniera, or should olive salad be used? I love hot giardiniera and occasionally put it on pizza with Italian beef and Italian sausage.

I don't see why you couldn't use giardiniera, especially if you really like it, it is about the same as what I used just bigger pieces and probably a little Spicer instead of just the pickled flavor, might be better ?

Be sure to bake it until it's hot or at least warm all the way through.