malware, spyware, adware I think I might have a problem

The Dude

I don't know what the difference is between them or if I even have any of them. But when I try to go to some sights mainly this one the internet trys to direct me else now my virus scan seems to keep it from happeing but doing so takes to long to load the site and I never make it, I have to back out and try again. Then there is this bar kind of like a pop up blocker bar at the top of the screen at times that trys to get me to click on it for great Klipsch deals. I am not saying it sounds like there is some sort of spyware with the Klipsch site but thats how it looks to me. Has anyone else had this issue lately, if so how did you correct it. I did download a malware program that I am running as we speek right now its found 150. Any help greatly appreciated as I would like to access the site more often.

thanks

run malwarebytes and spybot in succession, then restart and run Ccleaner.

that takes care of most things unless it's a redirecting virus.

all are free programs. I even have good luck with MS security essentials.

edit: and stay away from Pron sites [:P]

Have you guys been getting "Welcome to nginx!" notifications on a blank screen when changing pages on sites like Facebook? It's been happening more often lately, and not just to me.

Not me personally... what browser are you using?

I was using Internet Explorer 8, but was forcibly upgraded to IE 9 last month. As well, I had to accept the Bing browser bar, or the browser could not be accessed.

I wasn't too happy about either of those things.

nginx is an open source Web server and a reverse proxy server for HTTP. You may have proxy settings wrong or some kind of router issue to see that message. You may even find your ISP has some Nginx server problem not related to you at all.

nginx is an open source Web server and a reverse proxy server for HTTP. You may have proxy settings wrong or some kind of router issue to see that message. You may even find your ISP has some Nginx server problem not related to you at all.

that is slightly worrying... OP check one thing for me please. go to c drive/windows/system32/drivers/etc/locahosts. open local hosts with wordpad and the very last thing on that list should read # 127.0.0.1 localhost. if there is something other than that there, your computer is being redirected by a remote user.

Try these three things:

1. Go into Tools / Manage Add-ons, and clean some of that up

2. Tools - Internet Options - Advanced - Reset Internet Explorer's Settings

3. Restart Internet Explorer

If you installed CCleaner as stated earlier, there is a neat little startup program tool. Use that to get rid of the popup program that is trying to save you money, yada yada. This type of TSR hooks into the browser, and is nothing more than a pain in the butt intended to get you to click on a link to a cheap speaker or whatever, so they can get the click commission. Usually these things are harmless.