Recommendation for Interconnects

artto

I usually don't do this kind of thing but sometimes it's of benefit to others to spread the word.

http://www.upscalemusic.com/index.php

These guys have a great website for interconnect cable and other audio related stuff. They have Mogami Quad Neglex cable and you can order it in various predetermined lengths and in different colors with your choice of Neutrik XLR, 1/4" TS or TRS or RCA. Real easy to select and order. Prices are very reasonable.

And if you need some other version of cable or special lengths just call and they'll give you a quote real fast. I've found their prices to be competitive with places like Guitar Center and Sam Ash or Parts Express, and you can get exactly what you want and in a wider variety of combinations. They ship pretty fast too.

With regard to RCA connectors on the end, I bought some of these and really like what they do. I put them on the end of my Mogami wires.

http://www.neutrik.us/en-us/phono-rca/profi-cable-connectors/

They have a spring loaded extender to the tip that grounds the connection before the pin hits. Evidently this either prevents or minimizes buzzes/noises if you happen to swap plugs while things are connected.

Since nobody ever does this, I know it's not an issue....however.... [^o)]

I tested it once (just for a scientific study) and they do seem to work as advertised. The extender then slides back into the shell and becomes the grip on the RCA jack.

I usually don't do this kind of thing but sometimes it's of benefit to others to spread the word.

http://www.upscalemusic.com/index.php

These guys have a great website for interconnect cable and other audio related stuff. They have Mogami Quad Neglex cable and you can order it in various predetermined lengths and in different colors with your choice of Neutrik XLR, 1/4" TS or TRS or RCA. Real easy to select and order. Prices are very reasonable.

And if you need some other version of cable or special lengths just call and they'll give you a quote real fast. I've found their prices to be competitive with places like Guitar Center and Sam Ash or Parts Express, and you can get exactly what you want and in a wider variety of combinations. They ship pretty fast too.

Artto I have been using Mogami cables for years now, there is a guy on Ebay that sells them really cheap and made to order. Best sounding cables I have heard in my system. I use two different type one for digital and one for analog.

BTW, Mogami wire also is the best for speaker wire.

I made my own speaker wires using Mogami wire making them pretty with TechFlex covering and I used the beautiful GLS locking banana's.

Mogami wire definitely sounds better than any other wire I have used.

mogami.jpg

speakerwire.jpg

gls.jpg

Below is Pro Audio LA's very nice 8 channel Mogami snake cable with Neutrik XLR connectors

8-M2932-XLRF-XLRM-4-P-2.jpgspeakerwire.jpg

speakerwire.jpg

thanks artto for the tip! both mogami and canare wires are great for interconnects and speakers wires. hard to go wrong with either and these guys offer both at fair prices. I hope others on the board check this out, I am sure they will be happy they did. regards, tony