Olympic Closing

oldtimer

Give them a lot of slack. They are only english. They could not hold the north american colonies at the height of their power. They came back in 1812 and burned down the white house. We beat them with a pirate. FFS if it were not for us they would not exist today in their present form. Well they got to host an olympic games anyway. Good for them.

The Brits seem to retain that Dickensian slant to their productions. Somewhat chaotic, obtusely creative, a weensy bit confusing, dark and light and with their endless cultural legacy somehow laced amongst it all. Not exactly to my tastes but distinctive. Rather like Mary Poppins on digitalized steroids, eh?

Where the Hell was Paul McCartney????..................and The Spice Girls reunion???? Out of all the great musicians to come out of England ???? Brian May and Roger Taylor were definitely the best part!!!!!!! Loved Eric Idle too, and the Stadium LED panels were very cool.

Exactly!! Of all the great musicians from the UK and we get The Spice Girls? Taio Cruz? One Direction? Take That? Seriously! I was thinking the same thing with regards to Paul McCartney (at least we did get John Lennon). But then again, where the hell was Ozzy? Black Sabbath? Judast Priest? Iron Maiden? Hell, for that matter, were was King Crimson?

Brian May was definitly the hight-light (despite having to hear Jessie J butchering "Another One Bites the Dust".) and even getting to hear a little bit of Pink Floyd as well.

The LED lighting through-out the stadium was really cool. The programming to get those lights to sync up like that had to be quite interesting. During the whole time I was watching the Olympics, I was wondering what the heck those square things where at every seat - turned out they were the LED lighting boxes.

I will admit that overall, the closing ceremony was pretty enjoyable and pretty cool to watch, but NBC coverage did suck for the most part (why did they have to stick that stupid show in right after the torch was extinquished but before the Who performance - I did not bother to stick around, plus had to go to bed at that point). I did miss the opening ceremony though.