Plywood cutting tutorial

CECAA850

• Moderators

Interesting design, for it not being really big it sure has a long horn path, I can't wait to hear what you think about the sound.

Also I must say Thank You again, for the Wild Turkey Honey, I would have never found it on my own and I really like the taste. Much more enjoyable than what I was used to, very smooth with a great taste. [Y]

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

That sub is really looking nice Carl. If it sounds as good as it looks you've got a winner in the works!

Really, you do nice work, I love the finish you use, very nice. [Y]

I enlarged it, and that finish looks perfect.

he does indeed. I sing his praises to my friends and in interweb conversations whenever possible. I doubt he'll ever get into this as a career (though he is certainly capable), which makes the work he did for me even more meaningful and unique.

I'm way too slow and really don't have the proper tools to do this as a career, but it is fun. Thanks for the kind words Michael.

It doesn't look like much work but it was a real PITA to make. Here's the grill that will go on the mouth of the sub to keep vermin out. I'll build something similar for the driver hole as this design doesn't call for a driver cover. I ended up using the thinest molding I could find and still had to rip it down to 1/2" so it wouldn't intrude past the sides of the cab.

post-15193-13819823647086_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Just showing off now, [8-)] no really the smaller something is the harder it is to work with. For me at least I tend to over do or try to make it stronger which is impossible with little joints like that.

Looks good, hope it doesn't flex, probably will not move that much air ?