Plywood cutting tutorial

CECAA850

That looks beautiful , cheers.....Beer

Thanks!Drinks

So how loud and how low does it go?

Here is and SPL graph 2x8 loaded TT, 18.75 inches wide, measured outdoors/groundplane, 12.2 volts/2 meters:

More charts here: http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=953

Depth is determined by horn length, so mine should be identical to the graph. Sensitivity is determined by the width. Mine is a dual 8" cab, 24" wide. so it should be a little more efficient.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks beautiful , cheers.....Beer

Thanks!Drinks

So how loud and how low does it go?

Here is and SPL graph 2x8 loaded TT, 18.75 inches wide, measured outdoors/groundplane, 12.2 volts/2 meters:

More charts here: http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=953

Depth is determined by horn length, so mine should be identical to the graph. Sensitivity is determined by the width. Mine is a dual 8" cab, 24" wide. so it should be a little more efficient.

I seem to remember something about wider is also flatter response.

Here is the corner load, which boosts the 30 hz frequency a great deal it seems.:

Speaker hung back up and singing. The X-mod delete and titanium tweeters really lift up the top end. Highly recomended if you've got a pair of 100's. Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to build the housing for the plate amp and hook up the sub.

post-15193-1381982561983_thumb.jpg

You suck, just kidding. Very nice work you have done again, and all for a out door system. The ttls was my first sub, I used the auraco ply wood, I wouldn't use it again. So I will be building a new one with some better ply. That glue is messy, I made the braces all wrong, I tried using the same pocket screws you did but it wasn't working as good as it probably should. I still need a amp for it, haven't really given it a chance yet so couldn't tell you how it sounds(kind of like Dave's Drift) Anyways just wanted stop by and compliment you on your work, and choice of cigars. Looking forward to your review on it.

Thanks duder. I ordered one of the BASH 500 watt amps from Parts express when they had them on sale for $179.00. It came in last week. The only thing I have to do is make a small box to mount it in and I believe I'll be done. I wish I could just stay on the project but holiday chores are chipping away at my time.

Back to the sub. Horn subs are virtually impossible to mount a plate amp on. There's no place that won't be in the path of the horn itself so it's normally best to build a seperate box. I'm actually getting a little faster. This took me about an hour and was made from scraps. Once it gets painted, it should match the sub.

post-15193-13819825957256_thumb.jpg

Thanks Craig and Michael. Just noticed, I should have wiped the top of the sub off before I took that last picture. Looks like it has dandruff!!

Hopefully I'll have a little mini review after this weekend.......that is if I get all my Christmas chores done.