Plywood cutting tutorial

CECAA850

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does it sound?

Excellent question for which I have no answer. Hadn't powered it up yet. It's going on my back patio but before I put it out there, I need to do a couple things. First I need to install a power outlet for the sub amp. Secondly I need to rewire the patio's speaker wiring for the sub amp. Third, I need to take down my KPT-100's, re-finish them, mod the crossovers and install new diaphrams. I built the sub first because it was the most fun out of everything that needed to be done. I'll report back.

You did a great job ceca very impressive. Bass is my favorite part of this hobby. Really wish I had your skills I could have saved a lot of money.

Thanks!!

Bass is my favorite part also.

I like to think that if I can do it, most everyone else can. The first box I ever built was a ported dual 12" driver box for my son's van. I screwed up a lot on that one but learned a lot also. It was fun so I kept building stuff, learning with every build. I've kind of lost track of how many I've built even though I haven't been doing it that long[:$]. There's bo-bo's on this one too, but I'm getting better at making smaller mistakes and real good at covering them up[:P].

Carl

I've always wondered... why do horn loadeds never use angled joints/corners on the interior tube structure?

would there not be a benefit from angling the joints more subtly?

Absolute waste of time for low frequencies, in fact, it makes things worse because it takes away volume. Tom Danley proved this by measurement. Horn sub without any angles won. Higher output and lower distortion.

• 2 weeks later...