The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

I've already seen both films, tonight I wanted to watch them back to back. The 1st installment is DTS MA 7.1.... only the 2nd film, Insurgent has Atmos mix. There's a lot of diverse moments with Insurgent, from quiet to more action packed. If your familiar with the series, the Atmos track with Insurgent really shines during the many tension filled "sim" sequences. During the quieter moments, Atmos provides a sense of  realism or accuracy with audio placement. I mentioned in an earlier post, there's a moment where audio effects filled the back sound stage... I actually stood up & checked outside the window  to "See what was that?" Only to realize the sound I heard, was an effect from the movie.

That touches on the realism aspect. The Atmos track with Insurgent won't hit you over the head like MAD MAX or Transformers AoE.... but its a great balance of hitting all the right marks. This week I just watched Furious7 in DTS (eagerly & patiently looking forward to it for months, love the series) & IMO.... the audio was rather lackluster & disappointing. Fast 5 & FF6 delivered far more impact on the audio side. Furious 7 certainly could have benefited from an Atmos track. Gonna have to watch it again for the audio mix. I can say that Insurgent with Atmos, was a more vibrant experience than Furious 7 in DTS.

Upside Down was the first 3D Blu-ray I purchased last year. Has kind of an ambitious Independent feel. I appreciated the conceptual storytelling where the 2 main characters are challenged to break the rules. Interesting, unconventional watch. 

edit:  haaa.... I just saw your spoiler. I have to agree. Pretty sure I had a half-baked look in in eye the whole time with a giant virtual question mark over my head. lol

Edited by Nismo

edit: haaa.... I just saw your spoiler. I have to agree. Pretty sure I had a half-baked look in in eye the whole time with a giant virtual question mark over my head. lol

I was expecting it to be much better but it was a real let down. Oh well, it was only 4 bucks.

Avengers Age Of Ultron:  Good story line and lot of good action.  At this point in the series, all of the characters are well develop.  No time is wasted building the characters like in the Fantastic Four released this past summer.  Overall the movie is well done.  Some people said the ULF was not great in the movie but, I can't disagree more.  I think this Marvel movie has the most intense bass scenes.

Avengers Age Of Ultron: Good story line and lot of good action. At this point in the series, all of the characters are well develop. No time is wasted building the characters like in the Fantastic Four released this past summer. Overall the movie is well done. Some people said the ULF was not great in the movie but, I can't disagree more. I think this Marvel movie has the most intense bass scenes.

think it all depends on subwoofer capabilities in ones room. I've watched a few where someone said the bass was not there but it sure was in my room
  • Like 1

Avengers Age Of Ultron: Good story line and lot of good action. At this point in the series, all of the characters are well develop. No time is wasted building the characters like in the Fantastic Four released this past summer. Overall the movie is well done. Some people said the ULF was not great in the movie but, I can't disagree more. I think this Marvel movie has the most intense bass scenes.

That's good to hear....because the bass sucked in the theater. Looking forward to this tomorrow!

Edited by Rowan611

Sounded great in 7.2

welcome to the forum. I thought the audio on this one was just ok. Not a reference disc by any means.

Agree. I actually thought 6 sounded much better. Ultrons on the system tonight and from what I've been reading I'm going to have to crank the bass up. As I feared, the crappy audio I heard in the theater has made its way onto this release. Stupid Disney didn't even include an Atmos mix. I might not have Atmos now, but every Atmos mix I've listened to as regular 7.1 has sounded awesome.

s I feared, the crappy audio I heard in the theater has made its way onto this release. Stupid Disney didn't even include an Atmos mix. I might not have Atmos now, but every Atmos mix I've listened to as regular 7.1 has sounded awesome.

I can't wait to hear your take on the audio portion of the movie.  Sometimes the DVD, BD vs 3D-BD all have different versions of the audio.  It can also change in certain regions.

s I feared, the crappy audio I heard in the theater has made its way onto this release. Stupid Disney didn't even include an Atmos mix. I might not have Atmos now, but every Atmos mix I've listened to as regular 7.1 has sounded awesome.

I can't wait to hear your take on the audio portion of the movie. Sometimes the DVD, BD vs 3D-BD all have different versions of the audio. It can also change in certain regions.

I'll post when I'm done tonight. Have the 3D and regular BD copies. Will just watch the regular tonight, not really in the mood for 3D. Although, that could change.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I can't wait to hear your take on the audio portion of the movie.  Sometimes the DVD, BD vs 3D-BD all have different versions of the audio.  It can also change in certain regions.

So I just got done with the first 15 minutes or so. I am currently running my bass 10db hot @ -2, since Audyssey hates horns it always sets it too low for my liking. The bass is fine there, but the overall volume is wicked low. Had to turn up the volume to -8 to get levels I'm use to at -17 or so. Also, I noticed that some effects that I think should have good bass, like those futuristic weapons in the opening attack, seem to lack. I also noticed this in the theater. But, the overall bass content seems much better than the theater did. I will report back after I'm done with the whole movie tonight.