The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Scene after scene, every character on the screen was trying to out dumb each other. When man eating dino was running loose killing everything in sight & VIP kids were missing... an hour later (despite a heavily staffed central command & communication center, security cameras everywhere), 2 bored military guards saw the kids approaching & they looked at each other confused, & had no clue of what was going on.

Yeah I'm sure the San Andreas you raved about was SOOO much more realistic. :) Blockbuster movies nearly always require you to check your brain at the door. You can pick apart most any of them.

how exactly did the redhead manage to keep outrunning dinosaurs?? (LOL)

T-rex's aren't that fast. Even with no head start at all you'd only have to run faster than like a 12.5 second 100 yard dash to beat it even with one going full blast. I could do that when I was 12 years old. Doing it in high heels and a tight skirt? Not so much.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Any reference I made in regards to San Andreas... was about the audio being impressive. Never made any reference pro or con about the actual movie. 

You are hilarious. Defending the movie, by making claims you could outrun a T-Rex.... and providing "stats" to confirm it. LOL 

You are hilarious. Defending the movie, by making claims you could outrun a T-Rex.... and providing "stats" to confirm it. LOL 

What's silly is that we're talking about a movie where they create pseudo-dinos for fun, chase them down in ATV's made out of a glass ball, go hunting for a T-rex killer who can make himself invisible to infrared optics, with what appears to be a danged 30/30 and pet raptors equipped with nightvision cameras, and the most ridiculous thing you can come up with is that somebody outran one.   :)  The entire thing is unrealistic, just like every other blockbuster movie.  Go watch some indie love stories of you want realism.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

What's silly is that we're talking about a movie where they create pseudo-dinos for fun, chase them down in ATV's made out of a glass ball, go hunting for a T-rex killer who can make himself invisible to infrared optics, with what appears to be a danged 30/30 and pet raptors equipped with nightvision cameras, and the most ridiculous thing you can come up with is that somebody outran one.   :)  The entire thing is unrealistic, just like every other blockbuster movie.  Go watch some indie love stories of you want realism.  

Oh no... not just that. I could go on & on about the dumb characters & ridiculous plot. Too many to choose from. Your're the one who claimed he could outrun a super-hybrid man eating dinosaur... the same dinosaurs btw that somehow managed to outrun Jeeps, motorcycles & Armored SUV's.  Perfect example. Staff didn't want to kill the mega dino, because he was too valuable at $26 million... but were perfectly fine risking the lives of  20,000 human visitors daily. I guess the people were only valued at $1300 bucks each. Easy choice, because I was rooting for the dinosaurs too. 

edit: @ Tasdom... sorry pretty sure I did not reveal any spoilers. Safe to say one can expect that people, kids will be chased by dinosaurs in a Jurassic Movie.  But, seems Metro likes to contradict anything I say. Usually I just ignore him (lol). Since many of his post include (insert product here:____________ ) for what he sells or is a dealer for. Ignoring him in the future will reduce my spam intake & I'll be healthier in the long run. BUt the dude said he could outrun a T-rex?!? How could I leave that alone. :D  I'm just here to talk speakers, audio & movies. But I can't even do that without made up stories of me working for Atmos. LOL 

Hey how's the weather?? How bout them Bears! Da' Bers !

Edited by Nismo

Well, I guess I'm an idiot because I thought World was a great movie. It was a far better sequel to the original than either 2 & 3 were. Any movie about Dinosaurs being alive on an island requires a certain amount of suspension from reality. If we want to take things literally...we watch documentaries.

Dude's

. . . I liked Jurassic world cause I got to try out my new sub...... It's only a movie..

Nismo.... That alone for you should have made it somewhat bearable.....Remember..... 2 new subs is twice as nice

Your vented 18 must be a lot of fun to have anchoring your system. Not always easy to choose a sub from ID... but glad your PSA was the right choice. I'm very happy, love mine... the system is rockin' ! My Jurassic World disc was a day one purchase, really wanted to like it... but I guess I fall into the (27 pages) of one star reviews & comments posted on Amazon. No biggie, no right or wrong... people can love & hate a lot of different movies. When I wanna showcase my dual downward firing PSA's, I'll reach for San Andreas (wow) or Mad Max. Plenty of demo worthy moments there. Good stuff. Enjoy your new V18 !! 

So, did you like the first Jurassic Park? Because, it was just as ridiculous as World. Just saying. Everyone has their own opinion; I'm just curious if you liked the original.

Anyway, enough about dinosaurs. I got the new SW steelbook yesterday (thanks Amazon). This is the first time I've bought them on BD. I own multiple copies on VHS, and DVD. However, I always hesitated to buy them on BD. A lot of it has to do with the fact I don't care for all the changes GL made to the original 3 (although, I plan on going into them with as much of an open mind as I can), and the other reason is I just never cared for Episodes 1-3. With that said, I couldn't resist the SW steelbooks. I love steelbooks, and I've rebought plenty of movies just for their Steelbook case. Sad, right?

I plan on watching them all in order. Because, why not? So, last night I watched The Phantom Menance. I will admit I stood in line for this movie, me and 3 other friends. We rotated shifts based on our classes. Yes, I'm a SW nerd. Not the type to dress up like a Jedi, but a nerd no less. And then I ended up wishing I'd just waited a few days, because I really didn't like it. Not even a little. I hate Jar Jar Binks, and I hate the fact that GL only put him in there because of his kids. And after watching it last night for the first time in almost 15 years, I still don't like it. In fact, I think I like it even less. But, I will say that it looked and sounded better than it ever has. There were a few shots that were a little soft, or had a strange look to them. Don't know if that's due to the original film or what. I'm not a video expert. But, it looks a thousand times better than the dvd version.

Attack of the Clones is on the watch list tonight, I do remember liking that more the E1.

Edited by Rowan611

Yes. I liked all the Jurassic movies. 

Now this one has some great acting. (wink)  And I now have everyone in the series.  

Nice... my copy arrived today. Looking forward to watching it. Especially since there's nothing else coming out for the rest of the year, other than Mission Impossible (12/15) T2 is still my favorite. I've yet to see Genesys.

For CD playback... I have the:

** Oppo 103

** PS3

** Xbox 360

** Toshiba HD-XA2

** Sony DVP-S7700

Never had an issue with any of them with CD, SACD, DVD, HD DVD or Blu-ray. I also just ordered up my first Blu-ray Pure Audio disc (Mastered at 24bit/96k).

Edited by Nismo