The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Well finally watched age of ultron today. What people said about volume was spot on. Watched the whole thing at reference. Did they drop the ball? Yes. Was it as bad as people were saying? Absolutely not. There were parts I thought could have had more dynamics but overall it was good. No bass?? Come on! I run my subs 4db hot now and there was no shortage of bass at my place. Even watched a few scenes over (specifically the building crumbling scene) at actual reference levels with subs hotter and wow! Also, since movie was over a bit before my normal quittin time I threw back in San Andreas. Watched the whole Hoover dam scene at a couple db below reference. It was nuts. Replayed a portion of it again and went outside my house and listened. Still amazes me how much my old house holds in. You can barely hear it outside my house. I mean it's nuts. However I did place my palms on part of the foundation behind the falsewall where everything sits. You actually feel the concrete shaking slightly. As cool as it was I doubt it's very good for a foundation to move like that.

My house is like yours, I can run things full tilt and little escapes the house to bother neighbors.  San Andreas had  some crazy bass.  I enjoyed Ultro also.  With enough wooferage, there are few really terribel bass flicks, lol.

Nismo, I seen the last hour of Lola Run Lola today.  I liked it even though it was not in English.  Thanks for posting it.

Last hour??... No!! (lol). :P   Run Lola Run is the type of movie that by its very nature, for the full impact of the approach (almost requires) watching it in order, from the beginning. But glad you caught it. The high energy, frantic pace of non-linear storytelling, combined with a pulsating soundtrack makes for unique viewing. I actually originally watched this at the Theater (when I still attended the Theater), & with subsequent viewings on DVD. Having it on Blu-ray is a treat. Catch it again... from the beginning. Doing so, will add to the over-all concept.

Edited by Nismo
  • Like 1

Well finally watched age of ultron today. What people said about volume was spot on. Watched the whole thing at reference. Did they drop the ball? Yes. Was it as bad as people were saying? Absolutely not. There were parts I thought could have had more dynamics but overall it was good. No bass?? Come on! I run my subs 4db hot now and there was no shortage of bass at my place. Even watched a few scenes over (specifically the building crumbling scene) at actual reference levels with subs hotter and wow! Also, since movie was over a bit before my normal quittin time I threw back in San Andreas. Watched the whole Hoover dam scene at a couple db below reference. It was nuts. Replayed a portion of it again and went outside my house and listened. Still amazes me how much my old house holds in. You can barely hear it outside my house. I mean it's nuts. However I did place my palms on part of the foundation behind the falsewall where everything sits. You actually feel the concrete shaking slightly. As cool as it was I doubt it's very good for a foundation to move like that.

My house is like yours, I can run things full tilt and little escapes the house to bother neighbors.  San Andreas had  some crazy bass.  I enjoyed Ultro also.  With enough wooferage, there are few really terribel bass flicks, lol.

I thought mine was pretty leak proof from the neighbors also. But I was talking to my neighbor and he said its kinda like in the first jurrisc park how the water moves but you don't hear anything. He said things vibrate like its a tiny earth quake. But you don't hear anything unless he goes outside. He says his kids get super excited. He named it the bass monster. And tells them "The bass monster is awake run and hide!!...."And they all scatter (has 3 little ones) But it never wakes them up or bothers them so good there. 

• Like 2

Nobody as commented on Jurassic World?  I didn't like it at the regular theater but, holding out hope that the audio track on Bluray is better.

Right now, I'm in sub limbo. My "first view" big blockbusters are stacking up. I have San Andreas, Jurassic World & about 4 other Blu-rays waiting to break out.  Two new 15" are due this week, once they are dialed in.... I'll be rocking the HT.  This weekend I was a bit more low-key:

nVO24VL.jpg

9o4W82I.jpg

tllfZVS.jpg

WfgdZD3.jpg

• Like 1

finally got around to watching The Fifth Element remaster/Supreme Cinema Series by Sony.

these limited hand picked movies are remaster and scanned in 4k.

80-81zj6tdlpkl_sl1500__49606c59bbb2c0ac2

all I can say is this thing is completely Spectacular.... even on my 1080p plasma.

The difference between this and a 1080p release is significant not necessarily in terms of resolution, though it is that also, but in terms of Dynamic Range and massive Color depth.

If you watch BD's, I urge you to get some of these Sony releases... and hopefully other studios will follow suit soon.

• Like 2

Mine are still wrapped, but really glad to hear Sony got the new Supreme Cinema Series right. Remember the (first ever) Fifth Element Sony Blu-ray release? Absolutely horrible.That transfer could have killed Blu-ray. Same with the first Sapphire Series from Universal, where in each instance both Studio's were embarrassed into admitting defeat & offered an exchange program with a new remaster.

I own at least 4-or-5 copies of The Fifth Element on DVD & Blu-ray (remember Super-bit DVD's)? Back in the early days of DVD, The Fifth Element was the best, go to, demo transfer of the day. PQ was the best & I watched it countless times. Love the movie. Glad that someone at Sony still has a soft spot for The Fifth Element & chose it for a remaster to kick off the new series.

it's a bit funny.... but I realized while watching this movie last night, that three of the four movies from Sony Supreme Cinema series star Gary Oldman... Dracula, Fifth Element and Leon.

go figure.

maybe someone at Sony has a hard on for Gary Oldman.

Edit:

I just realized that Spartacus is universal... so that makes it three out of three for oldman and sony.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

My brother came over last night and we ate some weed brownies,(legal in this state) and had a movie/video game marathon.

We watched Frurious 7, Mad Max and played Halo 5. First time getting high for both of us in 5+ years, was a good night;)

• Like 1