Jubilations have arrived!

Cornman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

402 on Jubs is killer. Its like nothing i've ever heard before. the first time i heard the 402, and 510 i found the sound very revealing. Not sure if that makes sense or not, but i heard things i've never heard before(not the voices in my head). I too have not quite dialed in my passive, but i'm almost there. There just so crisp.

Good stuff, you'll be very happy with that purchase....

• Moderators

Congrats Cornman! Those look amazing and once you get them dialed in, I imagine they are going to rock your world. Hopefully one day I will have the opportunity to hear a pair.

Great to hear W.C. took awesome care of you. Looks like he is off to a great start as a new Klipsch Dealer.

We have been out of town for most of the month of September, with very limited Internet access and I just ran across this in my email alerts.

I wanted to take a minute to thank Joe for the warm comments and we are certainly happy that we could help him in acquiring his KPT - KHJ - LF Jubilee Base Bins and K 402 Horns. He has gained another friend in the Audio World and it was a true pleasure to deal with him. I must make one correction, as the actual manufacturing time for the Jubilees was four weeks from time of order to shipment. In working with Joe and him knowing that I was out of town when they arrived in Charlotte, we were able to shuffle things a bit, We actually postponed the shipment date to him by ten days, to accomodate my and his schedule for final delivery. This really worked well for both of us and allowed him to finish a few things that he was working on. Having a great customer to work with makes the transaction all that much easier and our Freight Delivery Company is one of the best in the Country. He received "Tail Gate Delivery" to his home and it went without a flaw.

If anyone has any questions about what we can offer, please email or PM me.

• Moderators

Well I really hope the new company Panacea Engineering succeeds and does very well. [Y]

There are very few real audio places left, and fewer that you can actually get a listen before you buy without being forced in a direction of only what there trying to push because of basically how much they make on it.

Congratulations all round and best wishes for future expansion.

We have been out of town for most of the month of September, with very limited Internet access and I just ran across this in my email alerts.

I wanted to take a minute to thank Joe for the warm comments and we are certainly happy that we could help him in acquiring his KPT - KHJ - LF Jubilee Base Bins and K 402 Horns. He has gained another friend in the Audio World and it was a true pleasure to deal with him. I must make one correction, as the actual manufacturing time for the Jubilees was four weeks from time of order to shipment. In working with Joe and him knowing that I was out of town when they arrived in Charlotte, we were able to shuffle things a bit, We actually postponed the shipment date to him by ten days, to accomodate my and his schedule for final delivery. This really worked well for both of us and allowed him to finish a few things that he was working on. Having a great customer to work with makes the transaction all that much easier and our Freight Delivery Company is one of the best in the Country. He received "Tail Gate Delivery" to his home and it went without a flaw.

If anyone has any questions about what we can offer, please email or PM me.

I am back, *** [:D]. What a great trip, I have crossed the south
west on IH10 several times in my life & I always enjoy the solitude
& silence of the area. If you have not made this crossing; I highly
recommend it, the vistas or soul moving. Photo below of the primary
purpose for my journey- my new Beach Buggy "Pepe".

I think the
silence did me good in regards to assessing the Jub sound. I have been
listening for the past few days with little distraction, wife is out of
town. [<:o)] The sound as described by so many others "as large" is
just wrong! The sound is collosal,[Y] closest thing to live performance
in scale that I have heard. I still have some question' about the top
end, but over all I am delighted with the Jub's. They are just such a
completely different listening experience then the Heritage series it
took me some time to adjust to the different voicing.

An
interesting phenomen happened yesterday. My daughter asked me if I had
left my amps on, because there was a low volume high pichted sound
coming from the horn. Cked gear -no all was off. I noticed she had
the dimmable can lights on, so I reached up turned them off & the
noise went off as well. Others have reported the same experience, but
this was a first for me. I presume those big Tad magnet's with the high
sensitivity (114 isnt it) just picked up thru Rf from the dimmer.

Warning
- Danger - Hazard to you health (ear drums)! During a listen late last
night () I picked up my Bat Pre remote to change volume. The bat
remote offers 4 volume pre set's which I have never used before.
Apparently I picked the remote up backwars & when I hit what I
thought was the volume button was actually one of the pre sets!
OUCH,,[:'(] the volume almost instantlly went up to 45 (digital reading)
on the Bat 5i pre amp. To give you some degree of how loud this was - I
have never taken the volume past 24, & then only for a few moments
because at 24 the volume is at at least 100 db. Wow it hurt, but the
gear seems to have handled the blast with out damage as best I can
tell. Bet I dont make that mistake again, in fact I am looking for my
owners manual to de-program those pre sets. Lol...

Expecting the
wife back in a few hours & will take some more photos of system
then, (she has camera with her). Someone asked about room dimensions-
listening area is 15'x30' with openings into other areas. Speakers are
about 12' apart & listening position about 14' away.

Thanks to all for kind words & best wishes, You are all invited over for a listen, would love to hear your impression.

Ps:
special thanks to Coytee for all the help with the Dx, & I must
repeat Panacea Engineering was a real pleasure to work with.

Cornman

post-20502-13819802491882_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Pepe looks awesome Joe. [:D] That's just too cool.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has to wait until the wife leaves to crank up my system. Guess yours was by accident though. LOL

More pics of your setup are always welcome. Not too often we get to see Jubs.

• Moderators

I know exactly what your saying, I don't use the Jube bass bin but ours is not far from that sound. People see them and say "they must be loud" ! [:@] It just makes me mad, it's all about how big and clear they sound not volume.

Your right they sound colossal, not as the sound is from a small horn but from the whole area. Try this, play something and walk up the center between the speakers slowly from your listening position, watch how far you can go before the sound moves from the appearance of coming from the center. That will give you an idea how wide and open the sound really is.

I like the Jube bass bin but couldn't afford them, but to me the real magic is in the 402 horn design, we love that sound.

I have not heard anything better except live. imo

Cool looking truck, I am a little surprised you didn't get stopped, to make sure you were not hauling anything illegal or anyone illegal.

Dtel, I guess I just have one of those honest face. [;)] Actually I was also surprised I did not get cked out more then I did. But I suspect most all vehicles that pass thru that area are at least background cked by license plate's history,,& since the title had not been transferred yet; they probably thought I was the other previous owner..[6] LOL.

You are so right about the average guy will equate the goal in sound with big speakers to be as loud as possible. I hear nuances & lyrics that I never heard before with such clarity, it' all in the detail & cleanness of presentation with true timber & emotion. that I look for.

I also agree the magic is in the horn, I very seriously considered putting the 402's with my cornwalls just using the bass portion. I still think It would work, just as the jubscallas have.

Here is another photo with both speakers.

post-20502-1381980251391_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Nice wood walls. [Y]

I like the space, room to the sides and your not sitting real close, bet it sounds great, well I know it does.

One thing to remember they are tough, when you have them cranked up a little they are just getting warmed up they can take alot, more than your ears can.

" it's all in the detail & cleanness of presentation with true timber & emotion"

Your exactly right, and it's just as much what you don't hear.

Warning - Danger - Hazard to you health (ear drums)! During a listen late last night (BeerBeer) I picked up my Bat Pre remote to change volume. The bat remote offers 4 volume pre set's which I have never used before. Apparently I picked the remote up backwars & when I hit what I thought was the volume button was actually one of the pre sets! OUCH,,[:'(] the volume almost instantlly went up to 45 (digital reading) on the Bat 5i pre amp. To give you some degree of how loud this was - I have never taken the volume past 24, & then only for a few moments because at 24 the volume is at at least 100 db. Wow it hurt, but the gear seems to have handled the blast with out damage as best I can tell. Bet I dont make that mistake again, in fact I am looking for my owners manual to de-program those pre sets. Lol...

I would program those first 5 presets in 5 point increments starting at 5 and going to 25 Joe since 24 on your dail is 100DB, the one you want to disable is the Unity gain button, that one will totally distroy[:o] To this day I have no idea why Viktor designed and put that thing on these remotes[st] I'm so happy for you and your quest to get this setup in place, enjoy[8][:D]

I think the incremental presets is a great idea Kaiser. Wink

Youth, I have mine set starting at 15 in increments of 10 up to 55 but then again I'm driving far less efficient speakers in my B&W's and 55 is not near 100DB but it's the highest volume I like on most material. Not saying I don't hit 70 every now and then especially that new copy of Paranoid I picked up recently[:D]