Got a RC-64, looking for RF-63 or RF-83, but...

eagle98

Like the title says, I got an older RC-64, used about 5 years old off of CL. Thought it was a decent deal at $440.

Got some advice from another thread to pair it with the RC-63 or RC-83, but I can't find either set anywhere.

I'm tempted to just go out and buy some RF-62 IIs or RF-82 IIs, but there is no where in town to even demo these (Houston area, 4th largest metro in US but can't find a store to demo anything, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place)

I've haven't been looking too long, maybe a couple weeks, but I'm eager to get something.

What advice do you guys have?

Should I:

1) Be patient, hold out for some 63s or 83s?

2) Settle for some RF-62 IIs or RF-82 IIs even thought they are not technically "matched"?

3) Buy a new RF-62 or RF-82 system and sell the RF-64 I got on CL?

I have a 14x15x9' room. The RC-64 is the only piece I have for my new system so far. When I bought it, I thought it wouldn't be too different from a RC-64 II, so I thought it would be easy to just buy some new 62s or 82s to complement it.

I'm in the Houston area and not too familiar as I just moved here. Anyone know a good place to go demo some Klipsch speakers or any other higher end audio?

Thanks again.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Be patient, hold out for some 63s or 83s?

It's hard to tell you to just sit and wait. I had a system already before my search started for Klipsch. But I'm .......very happy...[:D].. I was patient. From what I hear the 63/83 are just outstanding speakers. And the only speakers besides the RF-7 that the rc-64 was built for center channel duty. Hopefully someone on the forum will help you out, a lot of Texans around here. Good Luck!!!!

• Moderators

My "guess" is yes. There are some in the forums that are using the RF-7 with RC-64 and enjoy it very much. Granted they are not voice (or timbre) matched but it does not mean they wouldn't sound good together. I had an RC-7 with my RF-83's and it sounded great to me. I sold it and bought the RC-64 so that I would have the matching speakers for the RF-83.

So you know what everyone says these are not a perfect match meaning that the tweeters are completely different. 1.25 inch vs 1.75 inch. Pretty big difference. I know a lot of people that have a 64 with rf-7's but I bet it's cause a rc-7 is a little harder to come by. I'm telling you unless your in a huge hurry I would hold off something will come up for some 63's or 83's. you need black right or do you not care? I know they don't make maple rc-64's lol

You could buy my RF-83s. I am moving out next month into an apartment as we await the new home build with everything getting boxed up and stored. When we get to the new place in March I will be going back to all Heritage. Perhaps worth the drive to Corpus.

P.S. find someone to take my RC-64 as well.

You could buy my RF-83s. I am moving out next month into an apartment as we await the new home build with everything getting boxed up and stored. When we get to the new place in March I will be going back to all Heritage. Perhaps worth the drive to Corpus.

See, that didn't take long. Skip the 7's and go for the 83's to better match your 64.

Bill

• Moderators

$700, it appears there are some minor imperfections on the speaker on the left, but no holes.

Is it 5hr round trip or one way? I definitely would not do it for a 10hr trip, maybe not even a 5hr trip. I can tell you that USNRET is a reputable member here and I would definitely consider looking into his RF-83's. Would be the perfect match, he has original boxes and they look to be in fantastic condition.