Proud PaPa just has to brag a little bit!

Cal Blacksmith

• Moderators

I just seen this, Congratulations Cal and please tell your son thanks for his service, we have the smartest military in history. It sure does not feel like 4 years.

Cal; "The military has been cutting back VERY hard so you must be head and shoulders above the norm just to be allowed to reenlist."

That is a real shame and just crazy especialy the way this world is now.

Think about what this young man is doing. He is assigned to the USS John Stennis which is a Nimitz-class nuclear-powered supercarrier

He will be gone for 8 months. Can you imagine what thats like? I tip my hat to him! [Y]

As for the F-4, that was one hell of a flying brick! Wanna get in it neck deep in about a second? Drop some FOD (like a socket) in the cockpit.....

As normal, I am away from the internet over the weekend so thanks so much to all those who have added here.

We are thouroghly enjoying our time together, he is taking much longer than "normal" for a home visit so time is not so harried. He and I are taking time together to just "hang out", play some video games and enjoy each others company.

All things aircraft, military are welcome in this thread as far as I am concerned!

• 2 weeks later...