Sandy Destined to Destroy the East Coast

John Warren

I've been in the "front row" for the "Blizzard of 78" and the 1991 "No Name" 25 miles south of Boston in two locations. One was about 100 yards from Cape Cod bay and the other was a quarter mile across a salt marsh and a barrier beach. Both were 7 foot tidal surges and winds were probably high gale. I am hoping that this one is far enough away but thats not too likely from what is being said in the news and else where. I will just wait and see what tomorrow will bring as thats all I can do at this point. Here is a photo of an average winter blow with a 3 to 4 foot surge. Everyone stay safe and play it smart.

post-42841-13819823274474_thumb.jpg

Our MASS transit wil shut down at 7pm. at 8:00 am Monday, commissioners will start to send emails execting everyone at work.....city is not closed. a third of the folks wil show up. A few months later anyone who could not make it due to the mass transit closure.....willl get the day off as non chargeable time.

neighborhood is thinining out......more saying than last year.

Based on the latest updates, Sandy is the greatest single weather event in the history of mankind. The destruction will be swift, vast and complete.
I suggest everyone living within a 500mi. radius of Brick, NJ to buy as much milk and batteries as their vehicles can hold!!!

Already dubbed

Breadageddon 2012

VrrEa.jpg

ez9Ke.jpg

dcv9f.jpg

Based on the latest updates, Sandy is the greatest single weather event in the history of mankind. The destruction will be swift, vast and complete.
I suggest everyone living within a 500mi. radius of Brick, NJ to buy as much milk and batteries as their vehicles can hold!!!

Already dubbed

Breadageddon 2012

VrrEa.jpg

Hey! There's still a box of Twinkies left! Better go grab it before it is gone! [6]

John, I wish everybody in harm's way the best of luck and God's grace, but i would suggest that some ot them may find a good use for a quality inflatable boat with a small outboard, just in case...all that inland rain water will have to go somewhere too!

God Bless this Nation

in prior years theyre were evacuations with no evicence of flooding based on elevTION, storm surge. or even over fil intersec mains catch water sysyems. So i am curious how much water acutally accumilates. will de doing lots of photots and videos becuase I think these floos sone ratings are locatioanl and do not taken in actual evelvation. Maybe doing some petitions based on what happens.

At 6AM this morning barometric pressure measured at 946mB equal to the 1938 LI Express Hurricane. Tropical storm force winds expected across 1000mi diameter. On a destruction scale of 0-6, NOAA has rated Sandy at 5.8 for the locations within 100mi diameter of the core.

7AM this morning, winds are picking up 15 miles NW of Boston, light rain. We expect 40mph sustained winds with 60mph gusts.

At 6AM this morning barometric pressure measured at 946mB equal to the 1938 LI Express Hurricane. Tropical storm force winds expected across 1000mi diameter. On a destruction scale of 0-6, NOAA has rated Sandy at 5.8 for the locations within 100mi diameter of the core.

7AM this morning, winds are picking up 15 miles NW of Boston, light rain. We expect 40mph sustained winds with 60mph gusts.

I posted a few pictures of this mornig over on lotuselan.net in the topic I have been working on that has been going since March

http://www.lotuselan.net/forums/elan-f14/sows-ear-chassis-t24752-201.html#p175109"> http://www.lotuselan.net/forums/elan-f14/sows-ear-chassis-t24752-201.html#p175109

Currently it is blowing a steady 30 mph with an occasional gusts to 40, not much rain as of yet but I am sure we will receive some. I hope everyone else is making out all right, I know it is still early and my guess is the worst will stike in the evening.