So Who's Going To Face Alabama In The BCS Championship Game?

Don Richard

Oklahoma is 12th in the nation with only two weeks of football left counting the respective conference championships. They are not gonna make it this year.

Oregon will probably drop to 4th or 5th.

Kstate will drop further than that even.

BCS will be out later today. I'm thinking it will be:

1) ND

2) Bama

3) Georgia

4) Oregon or Florida

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oklahoma is 12th in the nation with only two weeks of football left counting the respective conference championships. They are not gonna make it this year.

I really knew that... I was just trying to show my sooner friends that this "tea sipper" is not always negative regarding ou.... lol..

That's right Daddy Dee. Lou Holtz led the Fighting Irish to a 12-0 season that year. I remember that ND beat Miami by one point that year 31-30. The game was lovingly called "Catholics vs Convicts".

Hey Boxx, my bro-n-law is a big Oklahoma fan and lives in OKC. So we keep up with the Sooners! LOL.

Alabama has done a lot things this year but #1 ranked teams don't "sneak in" anywhere. Just ask Kstate.

How was Oregon ripped off?

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/oregon-stanford-instant-replay-officials-referee-overturned-touchdown-call-111712

Just fyi. I have no dog in this hunt. Congrats to bama for getting back to #2, although when one team loses to a fairly highly ranked team and the other loses to an unranked team it makes me wonder if the polls have't become too much of "what have you done for me lately."

Georgia will upset Alabama in Atlanta.............and will get into the BCS championship. Alabama is obviously beatable and is not playing that well right now. If Georgia shows up, they can beat them.

This is going to be a good game to watch. Either team will annihilate ND and the SEC will win another NC.

Georgia will upset Alabama in Atlanta.............and will get into the BCS championship. Alabama is obviously beatable and is not playing that well right now. If Georgia shows up, they can beat them.

This is going to be a good game to watch. Either team will annihilate ND and the SEC will win another NC.

Annihilate ND? ND showed some muscle traveling to Norman and handing ou their arse on a platter. It looks like the NC will be a challenge for most all contenders.

An Alabama/ND game would be a dream matchup as far as the network is concerned, but ND has to get past USC in LA, who has owned them the last 5 years or so. I like 'Bama over Georgia in the SEC game and would have to think they would be favored over ND if that matchup pans out. I like ND's defense, & it's nice to see them matter in the national championship picture, but in a matchup of quarterbacks, which usually decide games of this type magnitude, you have to go with Alabama.

ND has to get past USC in LA, who has owned them the last 5 years or so.

USC w/o Barkley.

I just saw that last night. Things certainly are lining up ND's way. Their defense has been very good but ND's offense really doesn't scare anybody. If we get the Alabama/ND championship game, you have to give the edge to Bama on offense, experience & coaching. While I am not a Saban fan, he is one of the most prepared coaches in the game. I would guess the line would open around Bama giving 8/9 to draw in ND money.

The early line for a ND - Bama matchup gives 10 points to the Irish. Georgia vs ND gives ND a 51% chance of winning, according to ESPN. Yep, it's starting to heat up, should be good.

Yeah, I just checked two highly respected Nevada oddsmakers (Kenny White being one of them) and one has Bama by 7 and the other Bama by 9. The game is also expected to be the "most bet" college game ever played.