Pipe Organ in da (church) house!

Mallette

On 1/2/2024 at 2:03 PM, Marvel said:

I miss Dave.

Dave was a kind man, he had a good heart and I think he was just a damn good person. I spoke with him on several occassions, not regualarly, but enough so that I wasn't too shy about just picking up the phone and calling. When he was in  the Houston/Pasadena area I called him on one occassion while I was working on a project in his immediate area; I left the project site late that day, around 7pm'ish and didn't want to drive home (230 mi. drive), I was exhausted and stuck in traffic....   so I called him. He invited me to his home and even offered me a bedroom. We had discussed the subject of getting together one day on several occassions. I really wanted to meet him and wanted to take him up on the offer, but I just felt uncomforable. I had no real reason to feel that way, but I only ever spoke with him over the phone, never got to meet him face to face. I'm the kind of person that it takes me time to feel comfortable enough to do something like that with a person.  While on the phone discussing the subject, I thought to myself, if I told my wife that I just (last min.) invited someone that I only knew from an internet forum to spend the night.... she'd a wigged-out and probably knock me on the head with a frying pan..... I still think about that day, don't know why.....  Dave was just one of those people that leaves a good solid mark, a good feeling. I truly hope there's a heaven and he's getting to spend it with his daughter.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2024 at 12:39 PM, Gilbert said:

Dave was just one of those people that leaves a good solid mark, a good feeling. I truly hope there's a heaven and he's getting to spend it with his daughter.

He had posted a wonderful story about his daughter on the blog he had. I didn't know she had passed away. It truly made me weep. He and his wife eventually split up after the daughters passing. I can only imagine the pain they went though.

Dave was crazy, smart, well read. I never got to one of the Klipsch pilgrimages to meet him. I know it would have been fun.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/7/2024 at 12:10 PM, Marvel said:

He had posted a wonderful story about his daughter on the blog he had. I didn't know she had passed away. I truly made me weep. He and his wife eventually split up after the daughters passing. I can only imagine the pain they went though.

Dave was crazy, smart, well read. I never got to one of the Klipsch pilgrimages to meet him. I know it would have been fun.

Yea, it hit Dave hard......   the lost of a child will wreak havoc on family.....   My sister lost one of her daughter's,... darling Krista, she was only 8 or 9 yrs. old at the time....  my sister's marriage lasted less than 10 yrs before things ended in divorce.  The circumstances were horrible, she accidently ran over her own daughter while at the ranch.....    45 or 50 rough as hell country road miles from the nearest hospital.... it wouldn't have mattered if the hospital was 5 sec. away.... it was bad.

• Sad 3