cornscala Questions

SonicSeeker

Just was hoping for some feedback on the different types of cornscalas available a b c d, from some of you that may have heard, seen , or own them.

I recently moved to Colorado and into a smaller home and had to part with my Klipschorns because of not having room for them, and I miss them. I am running RF-7'IIs and was considering adding a pair of these as an alternative.

Not much love for the Cornscala in this forum, as you can see.

I don't believe that is true at all. You just have to understand that it isn't a Klipsch product but an outgrowth of a test box built by Bob Crites. There are a bazillion different versions. There are tons of threads on here from people who have built various version of this. A Cornwall bottom and a LaScala top. THe tops get changed a lot, depending on what folks decide to put in them.

If you do some searches, even a lot of searches, you should come up with more material that you want.

Bruce

The Cornscala will have lower/ deeper sounding bass. I have found my LaScalas to have plenty of bass for me, but YMMV. I thing the LS bass is a bit snappier and fast, not finding the Cornwall bass to be to my liking.

Bruce

Not much love for the Cornscala in this forum, as you can see.

I will be picking up a pair of the "C" version in a couple of weeks. I will post my results, but doubt anyone will care.

Shakey

Actually just the reverse!.....Most everyone here will be interested in your review. The reason you don't hear much about the Cornscala is that most forum members have not even heard one. It's a rare bird that was just 'created' a few years ago. I heard my first Khorn about 10 years ago, Then Belles, La Scalas. Never have even heard a Cornwall.

And almost no one has heard the speakers that I own, because I replaced the Khorn Midrange with an Altec Multi-cell and Altec Driver. Completely Custom Crossover. So I have basically a 1 of a kind. Klispch speakers are very easy to customize and improve, so we do it!

Mine were just a basic pair of 84' CWO Cornwall I's with Bob's cast woofer, tweeter and crossovers. Then I cut them out for Dave Harris' Fastrac midrange horn and a stock Atlas PD5VH mid driver.

I just played a few days ago Spyro Gyra's "Collection" cd! Talk about quick bass and "clear as a bell" mids of Beckenstein's sax!! WOW!

Other little tweeks were rewiring the insides with Analasys Plus Oval and a new terminal plate Parts Express for bi-wire or bi-amp if I so choose. Then added an additional sheet of 3/4" Birch plywood to the back of the back panel to keep it from vibrating.