Local Pickup: Klipsch KLF 30 speakers.

gagelle

I want to sell my Klipsch KLF-30 speakers. I'm asking $425. I live near Fresno CA. I am right on the Fresno border and 5 minutes from a major freeway.

A divorce forced me to sell my house some years ago. These monsters need space and are too big for my apartment. (One can't sit two feet from the huge horns.) They sound their best in the corners of a medium to large room. They also sound reveal their full potential powered by a good amplifier. A cheap multimedia receiver won't cut it. With solid state equipment, I thought my Sansui receivers were perfect matches. My Sansui G-8000 made them sing. They can easily be restored to new condition with parts from Bob Crites.

These speakers have a full sound with unbelievable bass response. There are very high in efficiency and can easily be driven with a low powered tube amp.

Condition: There work perfectly. They have an oak finish. The backs were firmly secured by the last owner. The primary defect is a juice stain on the top of one speaker. I just use a cloth to cover the stain. I'm sure it can be removed by the more knowledgeable. Their serial numbers are not sequential. I've read that the matching numbers just ensure a wood grain continuity and don't affect the sound. If I'm wrong, I welcome more accurate information. One speaker is missing a Klipsch badge. I also have two cats. There has never been smoking in my living area.

They certainly are able to get very loud without a trace of distortion. This is a stock photo of the speakers in black with all the specks. I will take actual photos for those interested. The reason I don't have them now is that I have a bad back and would have to move them to get a decent photo. There are no other major cosmetic flaws. They may have some superficial scratches that can only be seen by a close inspection.

I'm about 3 hours from the Bay area and 3 1/2 hours from the LA area. I drove 2 hours to pick them up in my Toyota Corolla. I actually damaged the interior of my car trying to fit them in my back seat. I can't meet anybody half way for 2 reasons: my bad back and small car. These monsters need a pickup truck or SUV.

I would be happy to ship but have no boxes. So if anybody wants them shipped, they would have to make all the arrangements.

They were never upgraded or changed, to the best of my knowledge. As I mentioned, I am not the first owner. I bought them from someone on the Klipsch forum.

I would be sorry to see them go. But they take up so much room in my small bedroom, it's ridiculous.

Please send me an email if interested. I sometimes don't log on for days.

Thanks

Edited by gagelle

Good luck with the sale, at that price they won't last long. They are great speakers. I have them as the mains in my home theater. I was enjoying the bass in an action movie and didn't even realize the subwoofer was turned off.

Best of luck on the sale (and to the new happy owner).

• 2 months later...

Hi, Opusk2k9,

Just happened on your comments, as I did a search for KLF-30s.

I am picking up a pair of 30s in a few days.

It so happens that a couple of days ago I created a thread (my first as a Forum member) asking the opinions of members on the subject you touched on: the (real) need for a sub, if I have the 30s as my mains, 20s as my surrounds, and a KV-4 as my center. As I mentioned in my post, I have not the ear, budget, or attitude (95%+ is quite good enough for me) to pursue superb sound. I have a KSW10 sub now, but given the frequency range and sensitivity of the speakers, I was hoping for a "real world" discussion.

Virtual unanimous response was to use a sub (though, it appears, bigger and badder than mine).

Hence my interest in your (offhand?) comment. Am interested in any further thoughts/experience you may have along those lines. Am not looking to be "right", but really will appreciate more relevant knowledge.

billybob, sorry, not sure I understand the question.

I was responding to a response/comment by opusk2k9, as he was online at that time. Was interested in any further comments he might have to amplify his last post.

I am talking about picking up another pair of 30s, than those in CA, in the original post.

billybob, sorry, not sure I understand the question.

I was responding to a response/comment by opusk2k9, as he was online at that time. Was interested in any further comments he might have to amplify his last post.

I am talking about picking up another pair of 30s, than those in CA, in the original post.

The thread here is maybe not the best place as conversation is going somewhat off topic from the OP's intent, that is speakers for sale in the bay area. As the previous poster to me stated, it will not hurt you to try your sub. I have gone off topic myself so...

Thanks

• Like 1

I want to sell my Klipsch KLF-30 speakers. I'm asking $425. I live near Fresno CA. I am right on the Fresno border and 5 minutes from a major freeway.

A divorce forced me to sell my house some years ago. These monsters need space and are too big for my apartment. (One can't sit two feet from the huge horns.) They sound their best in the corners of a medium to large room. They also sound reveal their full potential powered by a good amplifier. A cheap multimedia receiver won't cut it. With solid state equipment, I thought my Sansui receivers were perfect matches. My Sansui G-8000 made them sing. They can easily be restored to new condition with parts from Bob Crites.

These speakers have a full sound with unbelievable bass response. There are very high in efficiency and can easily be driven with a low powered tube amp.

Condition: There work perfectly. They have an oak finish. The backs were firmly secured by the last owner. The primary defect is a juice stain on the top of one speaker. I just use a cloth to cover the stain. I'm sure it can be removed by the more knowledgeable. Their serial numbers are not sequential. I've read that the matching numbers just ensure a wood grain continuity and don't affect the sound. If I'm wrong, I welcome more accurate information. One speaker is missing a Klipsch badge. I also have two cats. There has never been smoking in my living area.

They certainly are able to get very loud without a trace of distortion. This is a stock photo of the speakers in black with all the specks. I will take actual photos for those interested. The reason I don't have them now is that I have a bad back and would have to move them to get a decent photo. There are no other major cosmetic flaws. They may have some superficial scratches that can only be seen by a close inspection.

I'm about 3 hours from the Bay area and 3 1/2 hours from the LA area. I drove 2 hours to pick them up in my Toyota Corolla. I actually damaged the interior of my car trying to fit them in my back seat. I can't meet anybody half way for 2 reasons: my bad back and small car. These monsters need a pickup truck or SUV.

I would be happy to ship but have no boxes. So if anybody wants them shipped, they would have to make all the arrangements.

They were never upgraded or changed, to the best of my knowledge. As I mentioned, I am not the first owner. I bought them from someone on the Klipsch forum.

I would be sorry to see them go. But they take up so much room in my small bedroom, it's ridiculous.

Please send me an email if interested. I sometimes don't log on for days.

Thanks

are they still available i wonder? please let me know if you have any pictures

At $425, who needs pictures? If you are remotely interested, you should already be on your way.

i am intrested in shipping ,i am in sumas washington and can't audition them in person that is why i asked for pics .at 425 i am in but he is not responding i do understand he is going through a hard time with the divorce and all.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear gagelle,

I'm extremely interested on your speakers, are they still for sale???
I live in Greece but if it would not be a problem for you I could easily arrange the shipping because I have a relative who lives
in California!
So if they are still avaliable , I would be ownered to have them
Thank you.

I bought some black "Divorce Chorus II's" once for $300. Had to drive 8 hours one way to get them, but worth a day trip in the car. Also got a pair of Walnut Chorus I's for $500 locally perfect Walnut veneer.

Edited by ClaudeJ1