mini router

cut off saw

cement surface grinder

the only thing I did not need to replace was my panel saw

I replaced everything with Dewalt

The hardest thing to find was the dewalt 746X hybrid saw

the second has the belt sander

also bought about 600 bucks worth of non powered hand tools , also all dewalt

becarful with the table saw's guys, if you don't keep the guard on, at least use a riving knife , which will prevent the back of the blade from catching your wood and spining you wood and parts of your hand across the room.

• Moderators
becarful with the table saw's guys, if you don't keep the guard on, at least use a riving knife , which will prevent the back of the blade from catching your wood and spining you wood and parts of your hand across the room.

No :pwk_bs: , I shot a 2x4 across the room one day, quite the surprise really !

I am finding the latest generation of electronic stud finders truly cool. Extremely fast and accurate at finding the center. Plus, pinpointing AC power is a big help.

Big improvement over the little "dousing rod" magnet thingies of most of my life that only found nails...which might or might not be in the center of the stud.

Dave

• Like 1

My stud finder beeps every time I pick mine up :D . Ok but for real, I think my works off of the indentation. As long as I start off of the stud I find them every time.

Over the coarse of the last couple of days, I have learned a 1/4" 1 1/2 hp router just doesn't cut it. I know I will be up grading to a 1/2" 2 hp one day. I all so know the next tool I will buy is a drywallers square.

Drywall square is a must have.

Make sure its square before you buy it, not all are perfectly square.

Bring a sharp pencil with you and mark both sides of a factory cut 4x8' sheet lightly and make sure the lines run parallel.

Don't do this in front of employees though. :)

• Like 1

• Moderators

I like the adjustable drywall square, it has a track to keep it 90 degrees also can be adjusted to angles and for shorter cuts. I use it for more than just drywall and it makes a nice straight edge.

Forum member "hugeroost" texted me tonight. A local hardware store had Porter Cable 20v cordless drills with 2 batteries and charger for $79.00! Had to pick one up on the way home.

The 2 batteries and charger are all most worth that. I picked up their 18 volt drill and impact driver combo, I love it.

• Like 1

No :pwk_bs: , I shot a 2x4 across the room one day, quite the surprise really !

Used to run edger in a sawmill. I could open the outfeed rolls and launch 2" x 30" pieces of lumber 40 feet and bend 1/2 inch steel when the wood hit. Yee Haa!

Yea don't get in the way when the wood flies! It can kill ya.

• Moderators

Forum member "hugeroost" texted me tonight. A local hardware store had Porter Cable 20v cordless drills with 2 batteries and charger for $79.00! Had to pick one up on the way home.

Very good price.

Nothing like friends that are willing to help spend your money! :)

The tool ***** that I am looks at it as a friend SAVING me money LOL.

My aunt just gave me a Craftsman 10" miter saw still wraped in the box, why she had it i dont know as she is a computer programmer for McAfee and writes programs for security for a few big banks downtown Chicago.

I'm wondering if i should open it or sell it as my luck with Craftsman tools has been kind of poor to say the least.