Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
About 400....Going to be busy for a few days in Photoshop

Good looking Wood duck

I hate that part, I change very little, a little lighten or darken maby some contrast, but it sure slows things down and take the fun out of it.

My problem is I love to take pics in manual so I always am a touch overdone or under after looking on the computer. The look fine on the little screen on the camera but when blown up. I have been told to use the A setting to help but I just like to set everything, it's how I learned and I have a hard head.

I mostly shoot RAW images so I have to do the photoshop thing, but I also enjoy it as much as "clicking the shutter".

Nice shot OE. Are you shooting Nikon?

No....not anymore, I've moved up..... :)...;)

Edited by oldenough
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I mostly shoot RAW images so I have to do the photoshop thing, but I also enjoy it as much as "clicking the shutter".

Tried RAW a long time ago and had a terrible program so I gave up, I have been thinking about it again but need to see if my program can handle it ?

• Moderators

I can set it to record both but with my old photo program it was almost impossible to do anything with them. I need to read about the program I have now I don't know if does RAW, haven't even looked yet.

As much as I don't like playing with Photoshop, RAW may make it more of a pain but I probably should try it, I need to read, it's Elements 11.

Edited by dtel

• Moderators

OK AMY what's going on, who is this new person in your avatar ?

Sister, neighbor, friend, alter ego, something's going on and it's a little scary, I don't know, she kind of looks like trouble in a sneaky way ?

• Moderators

OK AMY what's going on, who is this new person in your avatar ?

Sister, neighbor, friend, alter ego, something's going on and it's a little scary, I don't know, she kind of looks like trouble in a sneaky way ?

Haha, no, it's really me - from this past weekend. The girl who took it was walking right next to me, I turned to say something to her...and was immediately annoyed with a camera in my face. She told me I should use it for all my online avatars from now on. I took it as a dare. So there you go. Me, completely annoyed.

Maybe apropos for the forum? ;)

• Like 1

• Moderators
immediately annoyed with a camera in my face

I know that feeling and can't stand my picture being taken, but I an trying to learn to get over it since I do it to everyone else, it's still very uncomfortable.

It's a nice picture but to me it really doesn't look like you, probably the angle combined with not wanting the picture taken.

• Moderators
probably the angle combined with not wanting the picture taken

Probably because I'm not smiling. I've been told I look completely different with a smile. Therefore, this picture is a better representation... because if I was smiling all the time, I'd be crazy. :D

• Moderators
if I was smiling all the time, I'd be crazy.

Well this is very good news, you must be tough, I would have guessed after years of babysitting here you would have been closer to the edge. :wacko2:

• Like 1