Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
My son checked out a race car this weekend. I really liked the sharpness of the car.

Your right and that's a tough pic, with the dark flat paint and bright sun on other parts of the pic, many like that would come out so good.

What's plugged into that car, looks like an air line ?

Edited by dtel

• Moderators

Cool pictures, Didn't realize it was that shallow in the pics. There was a place in Grand Cayman that was about 6'-8' deep but the reef took a turn and went to the surface. If you snorkeled just along the right spot it was unbelievable, it was below you and was a wall curving up to the side. We did not have the camera back then so no pics.

It's had to explain to people even with pictures what it's like on a reef, you have to see I to believe it.

Cool pictures, Didn't realize it was that shallow in the pics. There was a place in Grand Cayman that was about 6'-8' deep but the reef took a turn and went to the surface. If you snorkeled just along the right spot it was unbelievable, it was below you and was a wall curving up to the side. We did not have the camera back then so no pics.

It's had to explain to people even with pictures what it's like on a reef, you have to see I to believe it.

Thanks dtel. Im pretty lazy these days and due to ear issues its hard for me to clear them when diving. Now I just enjoy guarding the cooler of Presidente and kicking around the shallow reefs. Hawksnest Beach has some 6-8 foot deep reefs which is one of my favorite spots to spend an afternoon. Caribbean coral, a rogue small octopus, giant parrot fish and a stray Barracuda or two are the norms.there Most of my pics are of St. John beaches (unless noted) and is always where we stay. You just cant beat paradise 3 hours from Atlanta. Caymen is for real though and diving pictures from the "wall" there can only be bested by the south pacific or Indonesia. Good thing for me Im too scared to go to Indonesia and Caymen is just too expensive.

Indonesia. Of course, NOT my photo. Its almost Alien like down there and oddball corals everywhere. It seems the less traveled areas are the one still teaming with life.

Aiduma_0196-4W.jpg

Sudan. The Red Sea

Exploring_Coral_Reef_Sanganeb_Sudan_Wall

• Like 1

• Moderators
Caymen is for real though and diving pictures from the "wall" there can only be bested by the south pacific or Indonesia.

Well I never went through with the diving thing, just snorkeling. Which for me is best since I don't have to be responsible at depths I can just float along and I can enjoy cold buckets of beer. I would have to take diving much more seriously I can see from the top it would be amazing but I'm having fun.

Your right Cayman is very expensive, we have only been on a cruise, the quick but cheap way. When we were there last there were some condos for sale with a big sign." Your next life upgrade, two bedroom one bath starting at 2.5 million". :o Even if I did have that kind of money, you know how many islands I could visit and for how long with that much and still buy a little place somewhere before it's over.