Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

The twos are great so far... but they are mid range hot so I am going to try some new xo's and go from there.

At this point, stock LSii's versus modded cornwalls, the cornwalls are really super sweet completely diaped in and are hard to beat... but the low end is somewhat bloated and slightly mushy in comparison to the LSii's. The la scalas are larger sounding and more effortless and have more potential.

The flowers love the music to and are thriving even though its difficult to grow orchids here in a desert... and no, no water is spilling on the speaker. I never water "on the speaker".

Edited by Schu

If you bring the mid down about 3db, it should help a lot. Can't you do that with the stock crossovers or did they remove the autoformer on the IIs?

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 1

I don't know why, but IKEA is a great source for orchids at only $9.99

I never pay more than a few bucks for mine... I get them from the discarded cart at the local store. Most of those you see had one leaf and were almost dead, now they are happy and getting their fill of good music.

If you bring the mid down about 3db, it should help a lot. Can't you do that with the stock crossovers or did they remove the autofotmer on the IIs?

To be honest, I have never even looked at the factory LSii XO's. I have a special pair of Jupiter capped AA's being built.

I've got a softer side too. Ordered a bunch of English roses from David Austin. I'm gonna have me a rose garden. I love the smell of traditional English roses. So much more fragrant than anything here.

You can get roses here with fragrance but you have to seek them out.  Most are native to Asia, some Europe, North America and north west Africa.  So-called English roses I believe are all hybrids.  Good luck, they are great to have but require more care than most garden plants.  I always liked own root roses over the grafted ones for durability. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a softer side too. Ordered a bunch of English roses from David Austin. I'm gonna have me a rose garden. I love the smell of traditional English roses. So much more fragrant than anything here.

You can get roses here with fragrance but you have to seek them out.  Most are native to Asia, some Europe, North America and north west Africa.  So-called English roses I believe are all hybrids.  Good luck, they are great to have but require more care than most garden plants.  I always liked own root roses over the grafted ones for durability. 

That's good information. David Austin does indeed hybridize. The plants are bare root, and have 20" roots and monster canes. I was very well pleased with what I bought. I narrowed the search parameters to english roses that were very fragrant, and in particular had "Old Rose" and strong scents. Here is my list:

K5y3pWA.png

Until I get some flowers, I have to post pictures of what I hope they look like:

xziz6T5.jpg

Edited by mustang guy