Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Indeed, I've seen pics done by various photographers of the town at night. No telling how much they have processed the images, though.

Here's one I just took outside at work. All this buildup is just from the fog condensing and freezing on the trees.

post-5045-0-86220000-1453401079_thumb.jp

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 4

In a JIm Morrison way I suppose.  Think about it.  He was photographed extensively and didn't live that long...

He was an ******* and he went the way he wanted go .

That doesn't mean he wasn't right about a lot of things.  And heart failure in a warm bathtub doesn't sound so bad either.

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 2

Anybody here with moon photography tips? My photos never compare to the real thing. :)

JL, take your exposure reading from only the moon itself, don't use an average meter reading, turn your camera to spot metering. You will find the settings will be somewhere around 1/500th at f8...ISO 100. Basically a day light setting in the sun, as that is what the moon is being lit by. This setting will give you detail in the lunar surface without being blown-out. I prefer to still have some light in the sky, so shoot not too long after sunset when possible..........

.post-18926-0-02540000-1453603427_thumb.j...................Hoping I'm on the right the track, and not the same one as oldtimer..... :)

Edited by oldenough
  • Like 2