Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Nismo

You using a telescope ?

No, just my camera. Same one I used to shoot the Blood Moon last month. Great zoom (optical & digital). Last night, I wanted to shoot the Aurora Borealis (big CME this week), it was supposed to hit the northern US last night (much farther than usual)... but no luck. So instead, I attempted to capture Mars & Venus. You can see them with the naked eye, along with Jupiter. Pretty cool.

These are a bit more exciting from October:

kWdrxe.jpg

upyoL2.jpg

zBCpwd.jpg

cZpOsX.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators
Except this was my 1st attempt to photograph this:

You did great, I like how you caught the labels also, cool.

I can't help it, I'm a smart@ss, ask my wife.

But really for us sky dummies labels would be really nice since we have no idea what were looking at, I look alot but have no idea what I'm seeing. :)  

• Like 2

But really for us sky dummies labels would be really nice since we have no idea what were looking at, I look alot but have no idea what I'm seeing.

My brother has a cocker spaniel like that.  He will go outside and just stare at the sky.  Joe says "he loves that movie.  He watches it all the time."

But really for us sky dummies labels would be really nice since we have no idea what were looking at, I look alot but have no idea what I'm seeing.

My brother has a cocker spaniel like that.  He will go outside and just stare at the sky.  Joe says "he loves that movie.  He watches it all the time."

Try the Starlight app for your phone. Point it anywhere, and it will tell you what you're seeing even below the horizon.

Here's a screengrab looking West:

• Like 1

I bet you can't remove on in "seconds"... and not one photo posted here is worth the effort.

I stand corrected...It took me 49 seconds....

a second is a standard unit of time, so you are correct if it took one second or 1 million seconds.  

49 seconds is still pretty impressive in my opinion. i would take me 49 weeks before i decided to give up.  i could probably learn how to take a good photo faster than i could learn to edit someone else’s.

• Moderators
Try the Starlight app for your phone. Point it anywhere, and it will tell you what you're seeing even below the horizon.   Here's a screengrab looking West:  

At one time my wife had that on her phone, I need to try it.

I have a very comfortable and convenient place to lay out and it's not polluted with light I just don't know what I'm actual looking at except shooting stars. 

• Moderators

Yep some of are easily entertained, we can't help it, but at least I have music out there and a table to hold a drink, don't tell the dog. 

^ Great Shot Marvel

Thanks Joe (and all the other likes...)

This trip is kind of an experiment for pics. Almost all of the shots I have taken are with my new phone. makes for more of a point and shoot, although there are some settings on the phone for focus, iso, +/- f-stop, etc. Because of the extreme compression, I'm copying to my old netbook and saving as TIFFs before I do anything else with them (which I haven't done other than to resize).

Here's breakfast. Presentation was great. I had two eggs suunyside up, about five slices of bacon, some chopped gream tomatoes with rice (chopped and browned garlic on top. My fruit bowl is pineapple/mango/banana/papaya/watermelon, with a honey/calamansi dip. Wife's plate is all fruit. I had mango juice and coffee. I think it ran about $10.

Bruce

post-5045-0-78140000-1446716184_thumb.jp

post-5045-0-18580000-1446716215_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Now thats breakfast....................................................

Who has been telling on me ?

• Like 1