The blame goes to graceland!

justinsweber

Earlier this week on the way to work I received my third speeding ticket this year. Rather than blame the distance or my lack of time management. I'm choosing to lay sole blame on Paul Simon and his Graceland album.

I have an incredibly large music collection but seem to really enjoy driving to 10 or 15 albums that I've ripped onto a jump drive to be played in my car.

All three speeding tickets of occurred in San Diego County and listening to Graceland; obviously a bad combination! Driving home tonight at 12:45 in the morning on rocking out to Graceland, I decided to turn it off. With the silence, I dropped the speed down a bit. Now that I'm back home and fiddling with a gremlin in my 1 of personal systems, Graceland is lulling me to sleep. Oh my Klipsch and holiday brethren, beware of the power Graceland or any other music that gets your moving!

Happy Holidays!

• Like 1

• Moderators
Cruise control can be a good friend!.......chris

Except on the interstate at 70 mph after working 18 hours then falling asleep. The State police asked me what happened so I told him "I don't know, I was sleeping", as he wrote the ticked he said I appreciate the honesty.

• Like 1

True story: I loaned my radar detector to a friend who was in a hurry. She apparently drove to the rhythm of the radio and was ticketed at 90 on an interstate. When I asked her if she'd plugged it in and turned it on, she said her boyfriend did that for her, but it apparently didn't work, because, "All it did was beep".

Edited by ssh

" third speeding ticket this year"

You may be able to work out a plea deal to a non-moving violation (at greater expense) if they are going to yank your license. An attorney will be needed, but it may pay for itself in lower insurance rates (check first).

Edited by djk

If you're going to drive quickly, you should be prepared. Here are some tips.

https://autos.aol.com/article/how-to-avoid-a-speeding-ticket/

http://www.rd.com/slideshows/6-tricks-to-avoiding-speeding-tickets/

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/get-out-of-tickets-tips-from-a-lawyer-feature

Generally speaking, be polite, don't drive a flashy car, don't dress or look like some kind of undesirable, and, if it's dark out, turn on your interior light when the officer approaches, because if he can see who and what is in the car, he will feel less tense and be more likely to give you a warning instead of a ticket.

Also, there's a difference between driving fast and rushing, and it's obvious to the police. A person driving fast may be seen as a hazard, while a person who's in a hurry is definitely a hazard.

Finally, whenever you're travelling at illegal speeds, you should be looking around and identifying EVERY vehicle in sight, no matter how far away. If you see something that looks like it might be a law enforcement vehicle, slow down until you can confirm that it won't cause you a problem.

Edited by Islander