Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

35 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Ethiopian is nice

I'm drinking Ugandan. You have to take it off the warmer immediately after it brews or it "cooks" ... but is very tasty.

Depending on your budget Dirt.  If you have an Aldi nearby they have a peruvian which is pretty nice.  There are several other choices as well.  Most places should have Community Coffee, and the breakfast or hotel blends are acceptable everyday brews.  Beyond that, as prices climb, you could spend the rest of your life trying them all.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Page 1967.  Graduated high school and started college that year.

Mike I'm still very happy with Mayorga from Costco.  Grind the beans of course.

Met with 22 old guys for breakfast this morning.  Mostly school chums.  Always a good time.

I know Chuck but I'm not making..

A 100+ mile trek round trip for coffee..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Coffee just brewed... I have too switch

To another brew soon...

any suggestions ???

You drank up everything from that plantation, try something that is grown on a much larger area. You alone are supporting many families from other countries. :o:lol: 

"I know Chuck but I'm not making..

A 100+ mile trek round trip for coffee.."

The truck rental to haul that much alone could be expensive, 18 wheeler and driver on top of the coffee prices would be crazy.  

• Haha 3

Been "cleaning" the living room in anticipation of the LS.

Was clearing some space in the shed for things from the LR ,and came across a scorpion. Sorry, no pic ... it lost structural integrity between the sole of my shoe and the concrete floor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
On 7/12/2018 at 2:15 PM, Tarheel said:

He is a fine little dog.

Seen this news story and thought of you, or anyone who lives by a coast and might bring a dog. 

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/07/13/florida-man-warns-about-saltwater-poisoning-after-dog-dies-days-after-beach-trip.html

A Florida man is warning pet owners to keep a close eye on their dogs this summer after a routine trip to the beach led to the freak death of his beloved black Labrador Retriever, O.G.

Chris Taylor had to put his pup down on Wednesday — just days after the pet was playing and swimming around a beach in the Tampa Bay area. Veterinarians told Taylor his dog suffered from saltwater poisoning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Labs and Goldens are wonderful dogs.  Not the brightest crayons in the box, but super nice dogs. Like that Golden pup that "took a bullet" for its owner by getting bit by  a rattler.  The pup dinna have the sense to stay away from it. It was lucky to live and learn.

My back is torched today. I was having trouble standing last night. Heavy meds today. I can rest on my laurels, though. I was busy yesterday.

Good day for it. An early AM thunderpopper got me up. Was just laying there anyway.

so, I'm having "iced" coffee @mangofirst.  Ugandan

Pulled some chicken from the freezer to make into spaghetti. All wrapped in tin foil... Not chicken...  We have a change in the menu! ... it was beef. Well sorta. I slivered it and made my sauce anyway.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Been "cleaning" the living room in anticipation of the LS.

Was clearing some space in the shed for things from the LR ,and came across a scorpion. Sorry, no pic ... it lost structural integrity between the sole of my shoe and the concrete floor.

Oh well, you just lost your Buddhist card.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Don't be sad heel, buddhism is a harsh discipline for adherence.  A thousand kung fu movies can't be wrong.

But they never did master adding sound to a movie, of all things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

They did if you watch them in the original language.  

Good point, but still not any easier.

On 7/13/2018 at 8:23 AM, CECAA850 said:

May be coffee maker dependent then.

Yes, yes I am.

th.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

... beneath my clothes, I am naked

Was doing some more measuring in/on/at this Versa Note... The LS will fit. Just barely, if I move the driver seat forward a little from all the way back... and sit straight up. The slope of the rear window almost got me.  There won't be room for much else. Even my bag. I hope they are not more than 24in wide or deep... or they will be very close to not fitting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

oh

Was talking to my buddy yesterday. We're going bowling next week.  And maybe apply for a few short shifts as the company's most over-qualified pinchasers [the lowest form of pinsetter mechanic]. The both of us.  Just for something to do... and get free bowling. We have both run centers [the back end/machines] as head mechanics.  Neither of us is in great health, so two of us would be about equal to one healthy youngster. My buddy is as big as I am thin. We look like Mutt and Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2