Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, nlt6mor said:

Blue mountain coffee was maybe the best I ever had when I drank it in Jamaica. Brought some bags home and never tasted as good! I suppose the water, or they keep the good stuff on the island.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would guess they keep the good stuff, you may get the good stuff by the cup, I brought some certified as BM home, and I was not impressed either.  The coffee I normally drink is far from normal so to me normal pure coffee taste flat no matter how good it is. But we love Jamaica.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nlt6mor said:

Blue mountain coffee was maybe the best I ever had when I drank it in Jamaica. Brought some bags home and never tasted as good! I suppose the water, or they keep the good stuff on the island.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just as important is the water !

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dtel said:

I'm the same way, it does taste better when first brewed, but I drink it until it's gone. When our oldest daughter comes by I always ask her want coffee, she always ask is it fresh ? I always say sure, yes it's fresh while thinking to myself, within 24 hours. She always says hmm that's good. :o snowflake generation, tell them what they want to hear

 

 

My Dad is a big coffee drinker. He wakes up with 2-3 cups from a whole pot. Around noon he'll brew another pot and drink on that till 9pm that night. I doubt he even notices if it tastes any different.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dtel said:

I would guess they keep the good stuff, you may get the good stuff by the cup, I brought some certified as BM home, and I was not impressed either.  The coffee I normally drink is far from normal so to me normal pure coffee taste flat no matter how good it is. But we love Jamaica.

 dtel said:   far from normal

 

that sounds like you ! or even me

for the most part !

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

My Dad is a big coffee drinker. He wakes up with 2-3 cups from a whole pot. Around noon he'll brew another pot and drink on that till 9pm that night. I doubt he even notices if it tastes any different.

our taste buds diminish as we get older....and everything else

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

just as important is the water !

I live on a farm with own well.  We use an RO setup for drinking and ice cubes just be sure it is clean.   I am sure the RO is just flat and sucks the life out of some coffee.  Kinda like some guys don't like the filters in Audyssey as they say it sucks the life out of some sound.  Ha

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

water quality is a factor.  Our water is quite hard, here ... some Ca. I couldn't get my brew to taste right when I went to Alaska. ... a dash of salt in the beans fixed it. The [too] clean water was picking up stuff I was unfamiliar with.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

 dtel said:   far from normal

 

that sound like you ! or even me

for the most part !

Never claimed to be all the time, it's kind of boring, I think your in this group also, and were not alone. :ph34r:

 

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

our taste buds diminish as we get older....and everything else

I'm in trouble then.

 

1 hour ago, nlt6mor said:

I live on a farm with own well.  We use an RO setup for drinking and ice cubes just be sure it is clean.

Well water here also, no filters.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Just made the mistake of turning on the Grammy's:mellow:

 now I have it on....the power of suggestion sucks....

 

as the Grammy 's

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

 now I have it on....the power of suggestion sucks....

 

as the Grammy 's

perfect example.....

 

Why don't most people care about good sound anymore?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to some Pipe Dreams on the radio via LaScala...nice.

Listened to the Yes post this AM while posting and shaving..

Went to LF sister's for LF birthday. Heck, even got her a card.

Got in and reading, oh yes, Rory Gallagher, what a musician

he was. May have seen them(Taste)in Orlando in 69, or Status

Quo...cannot remember. DP one of favs but, only saw them once.

It was well worth it, I guarantee. It was Yes I saw but, ELP was 

happening so...We have well water and glad to have it. Like other

places have lived for the most part. No filters necessary.

Costa Rican coffee I like. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tarheel said:

Just made the mistake of turning on the Grammy's:mellow:

Must be a game on somewhere...:lol:  I have zero interest in the Grammys as well.

 

But speaking of Deviled Eggs...

 

I am late to the making of those little devils and I can't get them right no matter what I do.  The most important thing I discovered was to use eggs at least a week old.  Any newer than that they do not peel right after being boiled.  I prefer a sweeter tasting egg with some texture to the yoke mixture, but I just can't get them to taste the way I want.  Any suggestions?

 

 

My current recipe is:

 

About 8 eggs, at least a week old.  I use 8 eggs so I can get 6 good ones.

Put in large pot of cold water about an inch over the eggs

Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes then turn off heat and cover, let sit for 17 minutes

Drain and cover with cold water, drain and cover again with a full pot of cold water.  Let sit for 20 minutes.

Drain water and crack eggs around the center.  With any luck they will come apart easily.

Cut eggs in half, then pop the insides out and put with the following ingredients.

 

Sour Cream - 1 table spoon

Grey Poupon Dijon mustard - 1 tea spoon

Sweet relish - 1 tablespoon or more

Kraft Mayo - 1 teaspoon

One small packet sugar substitute, I use Stevia

A couple of shakes of salt

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Just made the mistake of turning on the Grammy's:mellow:

Thought about it but never, but did turn on the pro bowl earlier.  Not good, they should change it to flag football, it would be more interesting.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Sour Cream - 1 table spoon

Grey Poupon Dijon mustard - 1 tea spoon

Sweet relish - 1 tablespoon or more

Kraft Mayo - 1 teaspoon

One small packet sugar substitute, I use Stevia

A couple of shakes of salt

 

Asked my wife, she said she uses your recipe but yellow mustard instead, no sour cream or sweeter, and a little paprika and pepper. ? I eat it :lol:

 

I think the sour cream may be messing up the texture ?

 

I agree about the eggs, years ago we had chickens, we could put them in the refrigerator for 2 weeks and they were still hard to peel, make you wonder how old the age of the ones in the store.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likes me some deviled egg now. Eggs may have a date stamp one day. Do they  l ol....

Some people put a little pickle juice, pickle in the recipe. Am certain I could eat a couple.

Like the paprika, mustard type predominant places have seen. You may be able to cut

some calories out with some sour cream to the mix. Would sample either atm. Cool

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billybob said:

Likes me some deviled egg now. Eggs may have a date stamp one day. Do they  l ol....

Some people put a little pickle juice, pickle in the recipe. Am certain I could eat a couple.

Like the paprika, mustard type predominant places have seen. You may be able to cut

some calories out with some sour cream to the mix. Would sample either atm. Cool

 

lf would like that too...and the next

moring Dutch oven !

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, dtel said:

Asked my wife, she said she uses your recipe but yellow mustard instead, no sour cream or sweeter, and a little paprika and pepper. ? I eat it :lol:

I'm not a big mustard person so I would not have tried the yellow.  I have seen the paprika suggestion, but I don't know how that affects the flavor.

 

Thank the wifey for me in your own, special way.  I'll try her suggestions in the next batch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I leave the freshly boiled eggs in the water until I peel them and have no trouble. Otherwise they tend to be dry and are hard to peel.

 

Bruce

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billybob said:

Eggs may have a date stamp one day. Do they  l ol....

They do, just looked at some we have had for almost 2 weeks and the date is "best by 2-28", so they will be almost a month and a half we have had them before they are not "best". No telling how old they were before we got them, seems like a long time, guess they just last a long time.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...