The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

19 hours ago, Tarheel said:

CC&C had a 5 year birthday on February  6, 2019🤗  Everybody gets tomorrow off!

=== hey, I had a 66 year birthday on Feb.6, 2019. And no one seemed to give a shitt so no, no one gets a day off —

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== hey, I had a 66 year birthday on Feb.6, 2019. And no one seemed to give a shitt so no, no one gets a day off —

Did somebody say something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@dtel That boy has long fingers, a good memory and a good clock in his head. When his expression of the notes gets even better he will be famous!

Girls dont care about long fingers..

Johnny come lately on a Saturday night
Singin' how-de-do
Backstreet boogie in the house of delight
Where they steal the show
The money come sour but the ladies are sweet
And it's a love affair 
Whole place rockin', people stompin' their feet
When the gang's all there
He gets his lovin' every night for free
He's out there rockin' like you wouldn't believe
I sing na na na na na
Na na na na na

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well happy belated Birthday richieb!  I'm taking the day off today in YOUR honor!  Again, Happy Birthday!  :) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Did somebody say something?

=== don’t you have a Hellcat that’s needs service? As rare as that might be — Back to work —

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== don’t you have a Hellcat that’s needs service? As rare as that might be — Back to work —

Actually....................................................We had one come off of the transport truck about a month ago.  Brand new factory fresh unit that is a sold order.  The check engine light came on during the pre delivery test drive.  It has a bad fuel rail sensor that comes made on to the fuel rail itself.  They're unobtanium.  I've gotten everyone I can think of at the top of the parts and service food chain involved but as of right now..........................no ETA.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Kubota ?

Yes had it for 13 years now, the best tool I ever bought, especially since I'm getting old fast. 

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@dtel That boy has long fingers, a good memory and a good clock in his head. When his expression of the notes gets even better he will be famous!

It just amazes me to see kids play like that, complicated music and it has to be alot to remember not even counting the playing skills.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, richieb said:

66, and I thought I was old. :o I had no idea, if I am expected to pay attention I need advance notice. 

57 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Well happy belated Birthday richieb!  I'm taking the day off today in YOUR honor!  Again, Happy Birthday!  :) 

Yes Happy Birthday, I will also take the day off in your honor.  :emotion-19:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, richieb said:

And I had my 70th birthday on January 30th.  After all the blood, sweat, and tears I've given you would think someone would send a nice bottle of Scotch or even some Weller's 12😑

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We were talking old , not Mosses old, but you look good for your age, not a day over 69.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

And I had my 70th birthday on January 30th.  After all the blood, sweat, and tears I've given you would think someone would send a nice bottle of Scotch or even some Weller's 12😑

You have to send the toaster before you can receive (something besides a toaster).

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

Girls dont care about long fingers..
Na na na na na

But if you have stubby hairy hobbit fingers you can't play the piano well.

He could reach from one octave to the next already!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

I'm on Permanent Weekend Standard Time and I never get a day off.... an hour here and there.

The fifth from the holidays is almost gone, I'll do a shot for each of "youse guys" each night the rest of the week!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well, that bottle won't last long at that rate, maby a spoonful for each of us.  

• Haha 2

Now-a-days it's beneficial for me on a "medicinal" basis to boot!

• Haha 2

11 years ago I made a platform that connected to the trailer hitch of the jeep. We used it to go pick up mwm cabinets from a forum member in Georgia, we called it the redneck speaker carrier. :huh:

It was used only one other time for a trip and not used again so I decided to use it to make something for the tractor that would get used.

I thought we would get pulled over, but no.

mwm (3).jpg

• Like 1

I use a generator to run one of those chainsaws on an extended pole for trimming branches and an electric hedge trimmer, I got away from the gas trimmers.

I usually just put the generator in the tractor bucket but then I can't use the forklift forks that replace the bucket which makes it much easier to move branches. So I decided to convert the unused speaker carrier to hold the generator still keeping the forks on the front. 

So I customized it, it still needs to be cleaned up, grinding sharp edges and stuff, but it works.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Actually....................................................We had one come off of the transport truck about a month ago.  Brand new factory fresh unit that is a sold order.  The check engine light came on during the pre delivery test drive.  It has a bad fuel rail sensor that comes made on to the fuel rail itself.  They're unobtanium.  I've gotten everyone I can think of at the top of the parts and service food chain involved but as of right now..........................no ETA.

=== a spankin’ fresh car with a part “unobtainable”? Huh? Well, it is a Dodge —!? So what are chances I have this unobtainable part?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

They can't take one off of the assembly line inventory?

That's been done in the past but not on the table for some reason this time. 

• Sad 1