Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

@Tarheel

That is a very nice S2000, I drove a `96 Prelude SI for a little while. It was so quick with the curves and turning, but no good for ten hours at 80mph on I-77 - 26 - 95.

An S2000 probably lighter maybe in better shape left me in the dust once and I did try a little to keep him from doing that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good job @dtel, did the same a couple of weeks ago with sulfur pellets, the ph in my lawn was 7.5 give or take a little in three different places. Had to try to lower it to get some of seed to take in another week or so. Those clouds might hit us soon too.

My "dealer" just called and I'll be listening to a 2.1 setup by the end of the week. I've seen some good folded woofer subs near enough to me in the last year or so but nothing happening now. Just missed out on a pair of gorgeous Cornscalas I lusted for recently so going lower than 38hz with a 15" is out. Going to try another sub for at or below 20hz that I can control from my phone - gain, crossover freq., polarity, a parametric eq....

This could make my rig formidable enough to get it out into the den except not sure I want the tv six feet off the floor.

• Like 3

I'm gettin' ready to bask.... 90`+ for the next couple days... then winter returns. Back to the low 70's for a minute.

Glad I still have a little firewood.

It Peruvian for my mornin' mud.  It not Mexican, but it is good, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Happy to say our "thunderstorms" are popcorn cumulus clouds that get a big idea. Nothing big, very often

My '80 Prelude is a salvage from a storm here... in town, here. It has hail pocks.

Really?, That's what totaled my `96 the cue ball sized with the giant funnel cloud the night duke won in 2010 3/29/10 I think. $4k in damage and I sold it for 2/3 that much:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

we get big hail once in a great while. Pea and dime size could be about any summer t-storm

We do not get the frontal type wall of death.. Our storms are generated by hot air rising and carrying enough water to make it happen.

• Like 2

That's good, it's always this time of year when the twisters happen in the south. That night I spoke of..... it was scary. The roaring overhead after the heavy rain stopped, giant hail started with that noise. When the roar stopped the hail quit, the hair on my arms was standing up, our ears popped. Gutters were hanging off the soffits. We heard about a small one touching down 20 minutes away from here.

What went over us made me think of the Great Cyclone that wiped St Louis off the map in the late 1800s. Thousands around here were d*mn lucky it didn't reach the ground!

Edited by JohnJ
part left out
  • Like 2

On 3/18/2019 at 3:06 PM, JohnJ said:

& I'm ticked..... had to go to the Publix 5 mi north for decent produce (the store, different name in the middle of the 10k sq ft mansions & Lambos a mile away just has crappy sometimes rotten onions, green bananas, $3 stalks of celery) they can keep it.

So I get the good stuff priced right then go to their bakery where I've been able to get canollis without the d*mn chocolate chips in it for three years.... no more! Past couple of months there is always chips in it. To buy the empty shells costs the same. (red faced smiley with steam coming off my head)

Was it just that particular Italian family I was a part of for a while that doesn't like choc chips in the cream?

`Cause that is my way now too!

I still like the guts with the plain cream, cocoa powder on top of the whip cream that's on top.

The canolli cream is easy to make but the shells... might have to pay for them:(

On 3/18/2019 at 6:45 PM, dirtmudd said:

I'm going to send you some..

• Like 4

about all I can say

we can get authentic Mexican food. 

Living in a "remote" area does have  its drawbacks. We're doing good to have a coffee roaster. Our  [sourdough] baker passed away a few years ago. That was sad.

I keep expecting a micro brewer/distillery to use our bar as a tavern head.

• Like 3

HEY!!!!!! Wake up already.

Y'all exhausted from "the game"?   Spring got everyone busy in the yard? 

I did laundry yesterday.. Whee!

Playing "shadow puppets" with PeeWee  [the cat].

was about to comment on her being easily entertained

... but, look who's talking

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, WillyBob said:

about all I can say

we can get authentic Mexican food. 

We have one also, I know it was authentic, immigration came in and took all the employees and they shut down. :o  But restaffed a week later and reopened. 

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Spring got everyone busy in the yard? 

Yes, and it really makes me feel my age.

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Playing "shadow puppets" with PeeWee  [the cat].

was about to comment on her being easily entertained

... but, look who's talking

We know who was entertained the most, PeeWee was probably thinking the same thing, let me amuse the old man. But cats are fun and easily fooled, I liked a small squirt gun from across the room, they have no idea where it's coming from.  

• Haha 3

Yardwork is what laid me out for a week.  If I could keep the ball out of the rough... we have some mean "rough"... lol

I still think we should hang out at the gym. These people are paying someone to work them. Hey, I gotta gym. Real good work out... and lots of Sun. And the best part.... I will only charge you $10/day to dig postholes and move rock and loosen up with the whip sickle...

PeeWee is just crazy. She  stares at/chases reflections.  I'm half surprised she didn't come in the shower with me. She likes/plays in water.

• Like 2