Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I've been entertaining you guys for six years and this is the thanks I get?

Well you know how we are, but it might take a spa day week to fix you up, just a barber wouldn't cut it. But your doing better than me, a complete overhaul wouldn't fix everything up and I'm not as old as you. :emotion-19:

• Haha 3

well this morning, I scaled a mountain of stuff blocking my closet door and brought out a Taylor guitar. Spent a couple of hours playing and realized that after over a year off -- I now have Nancy-boy fingertips - they hurt.  Time to build the callouses again. 

felt good and I even remembered a few things. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dtel said:

There are many plants that have been used for a long time.

yes , you can find a store with Chinese herbal  Medecine in every China Town , what sets them apart , is that a lot of these plants only grow in China ,  the way I do it is I have a Chinese person write me the note  in Chinese  , before  I go to such a store looking for the remedy -

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, grasshopper said:

There's some things I hadn't heard about in those... thanks

my grandmother had lots of "folk" cures around. Eucalyptus was among the pine tar and others. She tended to put stuff in an atomizer and spritz it in her mouth.

instant breath freshener ------cool ---

• Like 2

Well think I've got these bushes out back licked.  Breakin out the chain saw and goin 50/50 w/Roundup on what's left.  Yes Sir, 1986 and Chernobyl all over again right out side my back door!  Nope, not takin any prisoners either.   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

kinda like my wife's spices...

I would use them... if I knew what they are. Can't read the labels. And even then.  I don't use a lot of different herbs/spices.

Wife made pot roast last night. She got a little happy with the salt or the lid came off the shaker... Came out like beef flavored salt. I salvaged it for tonight's chili. Came out good. We don't usually use "beef"...  A quart of tomatoes and another of beans diluted the salt to palatable.

In my spice collection, I have a bottle of Hatch Green Chile Powder. Never seen green before that. It's good stuff.  Hatch is the capitol of the chile world. The only debate in that town is, "Red or Green?".

31 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I now have Nancy-boy fingertips - they hurt.  Time to build the callouses again. 

felt good and I even remembered a few things. 

what? Can't butt a cigarette out on them?

Remembering doesn't mean your fingers went where/when... Fun knocking the rust off.

• Like 4

Just now, grasshopper said:

Salt works... that is why I asked if you planned to grow anything there after...

Yea, knew I could do that but these stinking things just keep coming back every time I knock em down a notch.  This time it's not gonna happen!  Sacrificing a small asparagus patch maybe.  Might leave the one closest to the house alone and just cut it back.  Kinda nice opening the back door and breaking off a piece every spring to gnaw on.  Hope I don't grow a third *** after next spring's lil crop.  The other one?  Torchin it!    That stuff just spreads everywhere!   :)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Well think I've got these bushes out back licked.  Breakin out the chain saw and goin 50/50 w/Roundup on what's left.  Yes Sir, 1986 and Chernobyl all over again right out side my back door!  Nope, not takin any prisoners either.   :)

round up is bad stuff ---

• Like 2

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

well this morning, I scaled a mountain of stuff blocking my closet door and brought out a Taylor guitar.

That must have made you mad, I would kick out whoever made that mess, don't take it anymore you deserve better. :huh:

• Haha 4

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, RandyH said:

yes , you can find a store with Chinese herbal  Medecine in every China Town , what sets them apart , is that a lot of these plants only grow in China ,  the way I do it is I have a Chinese person write me the note  in Chinese  , before  I go to such a store looking for the remedy -

Better be in good with the Chinese person writing it down, or there's no telling what you will get. 

32 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Well think I've got these bushes out back licked. 

Come on man we told you they were poisonous and now your going to lick them.:blink:

13 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

this is why I do not go to the Dr. The stress of knowing what all was wrong would kill me.

I haven't been to the doctor except dermatologist in, well forever.  But I am scheduled for a visit, there going to want to do many test, probably tell me I'm in terrible shape, duh.

• Haha 3