Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

5 hours ago???

What you doing up at that time? Sounds like my schedule ...

Still up, no reason, I go to sleep anytime between 1:30-3:00 depending. just a habit. 

What really screws me up is like this upcoming weekend were going to Hope for a few days, everybody wants to get up and get going around 8 am, plus I sleep 2-3 hours of the 7 hour trip up there. So between the drive and my messed up sleeping times it's rough to fall asleep and get adjusted. I hate laying in bed trying to sleep when I'm not tired, it's like going from the night crew to working days.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

scanning yahoo "news"

Best bikini trimmer PLUS expert tips on shaving at home, plus, learn how to perfect the technique.

I'll just let that settle in...

I seen that, didn't click.

If you want to see something funny, look on YouTube at waxing, looks painful but funny if it's not you. The men are the funniest, chest or back hair and once it's on there is only one way to get it off.

• Haha 3

I didn't either...

Did my chores early. Took a nap. Stepped outside... it warm

put myself in "the pool".

Wife is doing a webinar. If they want a response, she might be in trouble. When a walked thru there [the kitchen], she was juicing oranges.

Valenicas... that is what they are good for.

• Like 2

get the hot dogs and marshmallows...

We have a fire burning between us and Sasabe. Was noticing it looking lazy.

Cleaning up around the yard. Flipping some old lumber before I moved it. Not because I am afraid... Smart. Ya may not want a handful of things that you may find... Scorpion, black widows, centipedes, snakes...  I found a scorpion today.  It got converted to dirt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Ya may not want a handful of things that you may find... Scorpion, black widows, centipedes, snakes.

when I lived in the desert, I was doing some construction work (18 year olds can handle that kind of work in that kind of heat). Anyway, quitting time, had a few beers at the office then drove home (about 30 minute drive).  

Get home and jump in the shower, put my head under the water and out of my hair comes a black widow.  All the times that I put on my hat and took it off -- how I didn't get bitten I don't know. I saw that spider and screamed. My roommate comes running in thinking that something was wrong. I told him there was a black widow in my hair. He called me a girl. 

• Haha 4

Just another exciting day buzzin off these stinkin rhodo's.   Took a couple cans to the compost pile, came back and decided to hit it a lil bit.  Buzzed some 5' sections off w/the Stihl gas trimmers, put them in the garbage can, buried the trimmer bar and stirred it alllll up nice and pretty.  I'm getting pretty good at makin salad for that compost pile.  You'd be amazed at how much a garbage can holds if the stuff is diced and sliced!  Grands tomorrow afternoon so helps on the way!  hahaha :) 

• Like 4

• Moderators

I feel like someone kicked my butt, putting laminate flooring in grandsons room were remodeling, Up and down all day hurts when your old and normally not moving that much.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I want to laugh... kinda

I did nothing and my back is giving me hell. At least you earned yours. I did a little raking. Nothing big, heavy or long winded...

It picks when, where it wants to let me know it's still there. Don't have to be doing anything athletic either.

saw a plane flying around the fire. Nothing on the website, when I looked.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

oh yeah

I'm a golfer

if I break 100 for 9, I've done good.  lol

Mornin' All,

Dragging my left leg today. That's different. Usually it's the right leg. Getting around w/o my stick. We like that.

I'll do what I'm able to... Not moving rock, for sure....or digging, or taking a long walk or even a short one.

If I was gonna be busy, I'd be doing it now. Revised weather forecast --106` for Tucson today and tomorrow.  It's nice right now... and for the nice few..... minutes. The sun just came up.

• Like 2

Alright @oldtimer you should be happy, the clover is still safe for now.

The last whipping around of the bands from that tropical thing have hit us pretty hard the last few days. Had one heck of a thunderstorm the night before I was going to put the weedbgone out... like a couple of inches in less than an hour then another storm an hour later. Hard to sleep that night with all the noise. Think we got the last of it last night it's going over the sandhills this am.

Ma got her first haircut this year at 8:30 last night. That's late to me for a haircut.

Doctor in a few and the library is open again so she's had four they're going back and more to pick up this morning.

Made my go juice at 5:30 so it's all gone, there will be more at lunch today.

Got a couple lbs of peaberry coming from the big island for my birthday. They don't have to ask what I want every year anymore!

• Like 5

• Moderators

Well Happy Birthday soon, 28-29 well whichever one it is.

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Any of you folks golfers?  Me either😑

Played once with someone I worked with, a long time ago, he was really good, I did ok once i got on the green, until then I need to buy golf balls in bulk. I did go to the driving range alot when I was young, that is fun, with my aunt, she was city champion but the lessons never stuck apparently. It's fun but time consuming and can be very expensive at some courses.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Well Happy Birthday soon, 28-29 well whichever one it is.

:lol:

It'll be 28X2+1 or 29X2-1 take your pick.

Just hope I don't feel any older, felt this age for a couple of years now.

IMG-20200611-131708.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

That looks good, like the Tiki or Myan designed fork, that's different. 

Your still  "kind of" young got a long way to go. :emotion-21:

24 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Just hope I don't feel any older, felt this age for a couple of years now.

I said that because 5 years ago at your age I said the same thing, well I can start to feel it now, but it's all good.

• Like 1