Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

okay, I probably shouldn't share this; but here's a video of Elden's last physical

The only difference it's been so long I was actually much younger the last time, but that is kind of what I am expecting when i go. Think I will get a stunt double when they want to stick a finger up my butt, and takers ?

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, dtel said:

The only difference it's been so long I was actually much younger the last time, but that is kind of what I am expecting when i go. Think I will get a stunt double when they want to stick a finger up my butt, and takers ?

Blink-182_-_Enema_of_the_State_cover.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

She looks a little too happy...

Morning All

Bloody fresh this AM. My guess is high 40's. 57 in Tucson. Told ya... it gets cool in the evening here.

Kinda wish I could be "a fly on the wall" for the wife's trip today. 3 of the slowest/latest people I know are going to try to make it to an appt in Tucson. It's about time for me to kick the ball to get it rolling. Wife has a Dr appt. Then she is taking "the X factor" to the bank... where she is sposed to meet her other sister. Wife told X factor to be ready 1/2 hour before they really need to leave. Other sister is worse when it come to being places on time. I think it's a family trait. Drives me bonkers.

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Her for a doctor wouldn't be all that bad, except for that.

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Bloody fresh this AM. My guess is high 40's. 57 in Tucson. Told ya... it gets cool in the evening here.

That makes a big difference, I know when we have cool fronts and it's till hot during the day it's not as bad if it's cool in the morning and at night. The rest of the summer it can still be hot at 12 at night, no getting away from it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dtel said:

Her for a doctor wouldn't be all that bad, except for that.

That makes a big difference, I know when we have cool fronts and it's till hot during the day it's not as bad if it's cool in the morning and at night. The rest of the summer it can still be hot at 12 at night, no getting away from it.

80 degrees at 7:30 this morning and humidity was pegged at 99%.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

why do you put yourself through that?  I hate extreme cold; but I'd probably take it over that humidity. do you ever get used to it?

Sure.  Every day at lunch, I take 30 minutes to eat then walk outside for 30 minutes.  If you do that year around you acclimate yourself to it.  I mow the yard at home and work outside quite a bit.  Life goes on even when it's hot.  It's 91 outside now (heat index 106) and I'm about to leave for my walk.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, RandyH said:

yes , you can find a store with Chinese herbal  Medecine in every China Town , what sets them apart , is that a lot of these plants only grow in China ,  the way I do it is I have a Chinese person write me the note  in Chinese  , before  I go to such a store looking for the remedy -

Yea but does it taste like bat? That's what is important.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Breakin out the chain saw and goin 50/50 w/Roundup on what's left. 

If the trunks are good sized drill a hole in each one and pour 100% Round up into the hole. Guaranteed  dead root system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Other sister is worse when it come to being places on time. I think it's a family trait. Drives me bonkers.

Sounds like they're on Peruvian time. My wife is from Peru, drives me nuts too.

Can you say dilly dally?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, babadono said:
16 hours ago, RandyH said:

round up is bad stuff ---

'specially for plants:)

True, just ignore those Glyphosate commercials about cancer, it's nothing . Doing landscaping for many years I have sprayed so many gallons I can't count and I am normal. :wacko::lol:

It works so I use it, I am not about to bend over and pull weeds, that would have a better chance of killing me.

What is not bad stuff these days, almost everything I buy has a label on it saying this "Warning product is made with ingredients that the state of California has proved will cause cancer", or something like that........ If being more healthy means I will be like some people in that state, I will pass..............I did say some people

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

80 degrees at 7:30 this morning and humidity was pegged at 99%.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

why do you put yourself through that?  I hate extreme cold; but I'd probably take it over that humidity. do you ever get used to it?

But you have breathing problems, that's different. 

For the rest of us down here humidity is like lube for your lungs, were training to slowly evolve into being able to breathe under water also.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

But you have breathing problems, that's different. 

For the rest of us down here humidity is like lube for your lungs, were training to slowly evolve into being able to breathe under water also.  

yes, my breathing problems are the reason for my hatred of heat & humidity -- but it still can't be comfortable for anyone. 

how does your wife handle it with her breathing issues?

14 minutes ago, dtel said:

True, just ignore those Glyphosate commercials about cancer, it's nothing . Doing landscaping for many years I have sprayed so many gallons I can't count and I am normal. :wacko::lol:

It works so I use it, I am not about to bend over and pull weeds, that would have a better chance of killing me.

What is not bad stuff these days, almost everything I buy has a label on it saying this "Warning product is made with ingredients that the state of California has proved will cause cancer", or something like that........ If being more healthy means I will be like some people in that state, I will pass..............I did say some people

That round up hasn't worked worth a darn in years.

When it first came out I remember.

Whatever green you put it on would wilt immediately, yellow within ten minutes, be dead, brown and brittle the next day if it didn't rain.

Sounds like you read the instructions that the litigators ignored.

Use protection

don't use when windy

If it gets on you, irrigate with water then seek medical attention

I saw that from day one! could have saved that company hundreds of millions for a nominal fee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1