Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
BigStewMan, on 14 Jan 2015 - 9:11 PM, said:

dtel, on 14 Jan 2015 - 1:05 PM, said: Well it looks like there will be a party here Saturday night out by the bar, (and in the house) it should be around 46 degrees and partly cloudy. I will make a fire out by the back side of the bar so people can get warm.
 i wonder if my invitation was lost in the mail? 

You were not invited this time :(  because you have a open invitation, anytime......well anytime were home :D  

• Like 4

BigStewMan, on 14 Jan 2015 - 9:11 PM, said:

dtel, on 14 Jan 2015 - 1:05 PM, said: Well it looks like there will be a party here Saturday night out by the bar, (and in the house) it should be around 46 degrees and partly cloudy. I will make a fire out by the back side of the bar so people can get warm.
 i wonder if my invitation was lost in the mail? 

You were not invited this time :(  because you have a open invitation, anytime......well anytime were home :D  

that’s both gracious and smart of you -- you’d better keep an eye on the silverware, you know how i miss my fork.  thank you though…and the same applies to you whenever you’re in this crazy part of the world … dinner is on me.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 3

A gray, cold day yesterday.  LF and I went to the movies......saw Wild about a woman who hikes the Pacific Coast Trail to find herself after a failed marriage (her cheating)  and a bout with drug abuse and being sexually promiscuous.  Nice scenery.  Came home.....had dinner and watched a DVD..... Doubt with Meryl Streep and Phillip Seymour Hoffman.  Good acting, so so movie.

Coffee done and may go back for a third cup.  Dentist appointment at 10:30.  Nothing else planned. 

Hope everyone is well.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 6

going to need pictures of this boat when completed mark  :D

In the last two months working on and off due to weather and the fact the farmer is not needing it till April, i have filled a 5Gal bucket w/wire.

Really stripped it out, just kind of the way it went.

Everytime i thought id use some wire already in it, turned out to be cracked/faded.

No biggie, the farmer knows it will be better than new when complete.

Somewhere back in this thread are the photos of before and after, new dash.

• Like 1

Sorry to interrupt but thought this was funny. Keith Richards meeting justin beiber

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/justin-bieber-tries-bro-down-keith-richards-rolling-195000579-us-weekly.html

Way to romance the Stone, bro. Justin Bieber made a very famous new friend in Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards recently, but as insiders reveal in the new issue of Us Weekly, their rock star encounter got off to a rather inauspicious start.

Over New Year's, Bieber, 20, hit up a tiny beach bar on the luxe Parrot Cay island in Turks and Caicos, where "there was an old guy throwing back drinks who said, 'Who the f--k are you?'" one source recalls. In response, the "All Around the World" pop star shot back, "I don't know, who the f--k are you?"

Apparently satisfied with that answer, the older gent smiled and said, "'You're a man. I respect that,' then walked away," the source tells Us. It wasn't until a few minutes later, when "another old guy and came over and told Justin, 'Keith Richards wants to have a drink with you,'" that the 71-year-old rock legend's identity was revealed. 

Bieber, rightly awestruck, exclaimed, "Oh, s--t! That was Keith Richards?" and then joined the Brit at a table.

"Justin tried to bro down with him," a witness says, adding that a seemingly unimpressed Richards told the star, "Let's get one thing straight. You're a wannabe."

Good story and thanks for sharing. Bieber is pathetic with few prospects for ever improving. I recall wondering what the kids were so enthralled with and pulled up a Bieber Youtube just to see. I couldn't stomach more than about 20 or 30 seconds and turned it off. Keith, on the other hand, is the real deal.

Having said that, MORNIN" GUYS!!. Looks like an easy day. Gonna play some tunes and will shortly get my daughter on skype to wish her a happy birthday. Check back in a while.

• Like 5

Sorry to interrupt but thought this was funny. Keith Richards meeting justin beiber

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/justin-bieber-tries-bro-down-keith-richards-rolling-195000579-us-weekly.html

Way to romance the Stone, bro. Justin Bieber made a very famous new friend in Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards recently, but as insiders reveal in the new issue of Us Weekly, their rock star encounter got off to a rather inauspicious start.

Over New Year's, Bieber, 20, hit up a tiny beach bar on the luxe Parrot Cay island in Turks and Caicos, where "there was an old guy throwing back drinks who said, 'Who the f--k are you?'" one source recalls. In response, the "All Around the World" pop star shot back, "I don't know, who the f--k are you?"

Apparently satisfied with that answer, the older gent smiled and said, "'You're a man. I respect that,' then walked away," the source tells Us. It wasn't until a few minutes later, when "another old guy and came over and told Justin, 'Keith Richards wants to have a drink with you,'" that the 71-year-old rock legend's identity was revealed. 

Bieber, rightly awestruck, exclaimed, "Oh, s--t! That was Keith Richards?" and then joined the Brit at a table.

"Justin tried to bro down with him," a witness says, adding that a seemingly unimpressed Richards told the star, "Let's get one thing straight. You're a wannabe."

Keep in mind The Bieb, is just one of the losers, just when you get over him, along comes "Miley" yet another worthless media invented icon that millions of girls look up to.

I will admit my generation had their share of weirdos, the difference is they knew it, and made money off being the outcast.

Guys like TinyTim and the like.

• Like 5

• Moderators
Dtel, Even at 71 Keith is still cool

Yes, he is the real deal, even if your not crazy about the band he's been in just all the other people he has played with is enough to make him cool, and fried.

• Like 4

• Moderators
Guys like TinyTim and the like.

True they don't get much weirder than him, this is not even considering all the people with no talent at all who are for some reason famous like the Kartrashans, and that flake that had 8 kids and the rest who are only famous for being in the news.  

• Like 6

Keep in mind The Bieb, is just one of the losers, just when you get over him, along comes "Miley" yet another worthless media invented icon that millions of girls look up to. I will admit my generation had their share of weirdos, the difference is they knew it, and made money off being the outcast. Guys like TinyTim and the like.
I’d prefer to tiptoe through the tulips.  I feel sorry for Miley Cyrus--it must be sad to be such a spectacle and not realize it (or maybe she does and doesn’t care).  Maybe she’s laughing all the way to the bank; but, if what she does is the requirement--i’d rather not go to the bank.
  • Like 4

Morning Gang

Friday indeed  :emotion-21:

I see my Leprechaun has prepared a fresh pot of Major Dickinsons Blend.

I was sleeping rather well untill i was instantly awoken by the smell of fresh perked, fresh ground heaven.

Something about no alarm clock, plenty of sleep, and waking up with a slap, like BAM! :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

Easy day, just the Boat work, Batt box fully installed, and sitting on a hard fiberglass deck for 4 hrs, is not something im used to.

Main power feed is now up to the wheelhouse, and yep, sit down work + knees will be involved, looking at what im typing here i sound like an old man :ohmy:

Looking forward to the Corona motivators, must proceed, i must, i must.........

• Like 5