Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

A friend of our daughters gave her some coffee from where he works, a 2.5 pound bag of Dunkin Donuts original blend and a 3 pound can of Folgers classic roast.

I tried the Dunkin Donuts coffee and it's good but not nearly as strong as my usual Community, but it's coffee and I am cheap. :o Never tried the Folgers yet, it's next.

Been wanting to try different brands, and free is always good at the rate I go through coffee.

Community coffee is good, like the taste anyway. No, I would definitely go for the free. It goes pretty quick around here with 2 cup drinkers, sometimes she goes 2.

You have not tried the Folgers classic roast yet. But you have tried Folgers, am certain of that. Think so anyway. :emotion-44:

• Like 1

• Moderators

True I have tried it before, but it's been years, I found what I liked ( Community New Orleans blend ) and stuck to it. :lol:

But really as long as it's not weak tasting I will be fine, especially for free. :D  I have a feeling I have cheap taste buds, or I ruined them,  they love the Chicory flavor in coffee, pure coffee taste flat to me.

• Like 2

True I have tried it before, but it's been years, I found what I liked ( Community New Orleans blend ) and stuck to it. :lol:

But really as long as it's not weak tasting I will be fine, especially for free. :D  I have a feeling I have cheap taste buds, or I ruined them,  they love the Chicory flavor in coffee, pure coffee taste flat to me.

Yes, like chicory, it is all good mostly. Am thinking about finally getting a little bit of the coffee's mentioned here like, just haven't been shopping yet for it. Major Dic...,Kona, other. Even found an Italian brand in a can of espresso. Lasted awhile here. Need to go shopping, I do.

Now that you mention it, I will specifically look for the Community you mentioned. :emotion-44:

• Like 1

Yes, like chicory, it is all good mostly. Am thinking about finally getting a little bit of the coffee's mentioned here like, just haven't been shopping yet for it. Major Dic...,Kona, other. Even found an Italian brand in a can of espresso. Lasted awhile here. Need to go shopping, I do.

Now that you mention it, I will specifically look for the Community you mentioned. :emotion-44:

Community can make a good cup, but you will never confuse it with 100% Kona.  You won't confuse the price difference either.

• Like 1

Chicory...........ugh.  Different strokes I guess. 

Just a little to get that sweet taste out of my mouth. During WWII some soldiers, as I understand it got hooked on the taste drinking mostly chickory due to shortage of coffee.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

During hurricane Rita we were without standard utilities for 8 days.  There were no grocery stores open and we went through our coffee stash pretty quick.  A friend called and said he had coffee at this house and we were welcome to it.  He had Community coffee with chicory.  We made one pot and then went without coffee till we could find some plain coffee when the stores opened back up.

• Like 3

During hurricane Rita we were without standard utilities for 8 days.  There were no grocery stores open and we went through our coffee stash pretty quick.  A friend called and said he had coffee at this house and we were welcome to it.  He had Community coffee with chicory.  We made one pot and then went without coffee till we could find some plain coffee when the stores opened back up.

Dang, I couldn't last that long. If sugar was in the house, I would have to try it again.

Alright I see, no chickory period... :)

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

Afternoon Gang

20 hrs in the Lab, bench work.

Im waking up with a Corona and a Nip of the Single Malt.

Just about ready to crank some Metalica (woke up to the thought).

The Panic button is done, no not the system, just the secured "Button".

On the Bench currently is the project box, six circuits no less, still waiting on my Ebay relay board.

Drill press chuck locked up on me, will be dealing with that next.

And we all know what day it is eh ?

post-57941-0-40160000-1423601190_thumb.p

• Like 4

• Moderators
Spoiled brats.

I think your right, just spoiled, :ph34r:  like Sancho said it's just used as filler, but now it's the price or regular coffee, filler and all. :blink:

Last time we went to Jamaica we brought back some Jamaican blue mountain coffee which is rated pretty high, wasn't really impressed, it was just ok. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
And we all know what day it is eh ?

HUMPDAY     :) for working people out there......just kidding

If nothing else your reliable, so since your a regular with taco's how do you like them ? 

• Like 3

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 10 Feb 2015 - 2:51 PM, said:

oldtimer, on 10 Feb 2015 - 2:15 PM, said:

CECAA850, on 10 Feb 2015 - 2:10 PM, said: He had Community coffee with chicory. We made one pot and then went without coffee till we could find some plain coffee when the stores opened back up.

Spoiled brats.

I yam what I yam.  I believe the proper term is coffee snob.

Good point        See that's the problem with trying better coffees.

It is a different taste and can be a little strong.

• Like 3