Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 13 Feb 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

dtel, on 13 Feb 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

Ok see y'all towards the end of next week, hopefully sooner, were going to our daughters in North Louisiana to remodel a bathroom. Oh what fun :(

Just remember that sh1t runs downhill and you'll be fine.

Between being married for 36 years and working longer than that, I know this well.   :huh:  

• Like 4

Good evening coffee and adventure lovers.......(just had to throw that in) ;0))

I picked up some NEW items to put our morning Starbucks in while food shopping after work tonight. So, I will have a photo for you all in the morning...

Weather here? Down right freezing right now.... Thermo sitting right on '0' ... Most likely colder over night... Toasty 72 in the home however, and another snow storm on the way for us... And another on Tuesday!! Very active around here and time to play with the roof rake AGAIN.............sigh............

See you all at breakfast time...

.....gw

• Like 2

Morning guys.

Ready for a second cup.  Putting off walking Jake though I don't expect it to warm up much in the next hour.

Heading to Myrtle Beach later to take LF's niece to lunch and then spend the night with my sister and brother-in-law who are on a layover on the way to Florida.

One of the lottery winners, a 26 year old woman with four children, lives 30 minutes away.  Lump sum payout or $127,000,000.

Enjoying the dac.  Must order some tubes for the horn monos.  Oh....I have a new cable for the dac.

Enjoy your weekend! 

Gary....what do you think of the room color on page 318?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 5

Good Saturday morning coffee lovers (0:

Chuck, that is a nice color, and it looks like the framed artwork around the room had an influence (0; Tropics? Looks great with the trim color too ... Any other rooms ready for change?? Our kitchen is under a transformation on the cheap, new lighting and VERY bold color.......coming soon!

Ok, getting my coffee photo ready shortly....

.....gw

• Like 3

Thanks Gary.  I went bold with the color and it didn't hurt a bit.  Going to start the large foyer that leads to the upstairs and will use a golden kiwi in about a week.  The white, latex, semi gloss really makes the color pop and I will use that in the foyer as well.  The kitchen painted in 2010 was my first adventure into color.  I used a butterscotch on the walls.  That will leave just two rooms to go....the great room and my music room.  May have to wait on those for a while.

Looking forward to photos of your kitchen!

• Like 4

Sounds great Chuck! I know you will share when ready....

Meanwhile, since I have been handy at dropping and smashing coffee mugs recently, I picked these up at a local shop on the way home.... These things are BIG! Freshly poured and the new bag my dad gave us is to the left and the brew this morning (0:

These came with a nice tag on the handle with a little history as to where these are made..

Enjoy.... ;0)image.jpg1_62.jpg

• Like 3

Just took this of our birdie 'GB' and how he would go very nicely with Chuck's new paint color ;0)))

Noticed that if you zoom in on his eye, you can see the winter scene on the deck.... Next snow storm later today, which is just beginning now!

Ok, time to get going on this breakfast... Coffee going down nicely so far in new mugs...image.jpg1_64.jpg

• Like 7

Very cool Duder! What is in that wrap ?

I still have more to go in the new mug...... Kitchen cleaned up, and about to start the major power supply installation and volume control project on the Dynaco preamp..... Some pics to follow as it goes...

• Like 5

Very cool Duder! What is in that wrap ?

I still have more to go in the new mug...... Kitchen cleaned up, and about to start the major power supply installation and volume control project on the Dynaco preamp..... Some pics to follow as it goes...

Bacon, Turkey, eggs, and hash browns. Where did you get the updates at for your Dynaco?
  • Like 5

Hey Duder, the unit came from Joe C. over at Dynaco Doctor.... His boards are beautiful, but I am not afraid to say that the fit and finish of these units is not up to my standards and I let him know about it..... The replacement volume control is TINY and the threaded barrel is undersized and floats around in the original chasis hole... The original worked very nicely, so that is getting re-installed again.. $18 out the window right there !

NINE connections on that stereo pot !! So that will take a bit of time to restore. I got all the instructions out and my tools at the ready for the pwr sply transplant. Lots of stuff being eliminated in the process...

Ok, Pandora plays on the Wave System via iPad...... Bill Evans radio..... ;0)

• Like 4

Morning Gang

Nice flyin day yesterday, today it is supposed to hit 74+.

The lawn is green again and needs mowed, Skeeters are a Breedin.

Now as far a the Marine project, got up early, drank a Pot of the Dickinsons Blend/Duggans enhanced, all by my self, to say jittery is an understatement, thank god the wife is making breakfast.

On the Bench @ 3am and just tested the "Brains" of the panic button, 90% done.

A during/After shot, from now on im using a bigger box.

post-57941-0-05080000-1423933008_thumb.j

post-57941-0-62920000-1423933017_thumb.j

• Like 8

Hey Duder, the unit came from Joe C. over at Dynaco Doctor.... His boards are beautiful, but I am not afraid to say that the fit and finish of these units is not up to my standards and I let him know about it..... The replacement volume control is TINY and the threaded barrel is undersized and floats around in the original chasis hole... The original worked very nicely, so that is getting re-installed again.. $18 out the window right there !

NINE connections on that stereo pot !! So that will take a bit of time to restore. I got all the instructions out and my tools at the ready for the pwr sply transplant. Lots of stuff being eliminated in the process...

Ok, Pandora plays on the Wave System via iPad...... Bill Evans radio..... ;0)

Did you by chance check out tubes4hifi.com they specialize in dynaco mods. I built a pre amp kit designed for the PAS3. Will say it's a wonderful pre, plus Roy is great to work with. They have all sorts of updates and mods. At reasonable prices to boot.
  • Like 4

Thanks for the tip Duder..... I rebuilt my MK III's from parts ordered at Dynakits (Kevin)... Pezz suggested D. Doctor...

I LOVE the character of the PAS 2 just the way it is. Joe was kind enough to NOT sell me his phono stage OR line amp because it would alter the sound in refined ways that would change what I enjoy now. However, I agreed that the power supply is a weak point and will only be better for the tubes etc. when the supply is more robust.. So, that is what is happening now... Just finished re-installing the original volume control and changed out some wiring that had burn marks on it from the factory tech back in '65

Here is the beginning....image.jpg2_11.jpg

• Like 5