Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Your right that was dumb, but sometimes dumb luck and being in the right place works great. :emotion-21:  That was so long ago I was single :o

You've done well in the luck department over the years Elden.  From winning speakers to finding RB-75's at stupid prices to these tickets.  You done good!

WOW you have a good memory :o

And don't forget, saying YES to my first real Martini. :emotion-46:

• Like 2

• Moderators
Eldon i see met "The Man" funny growing up in Socal i went to many backyard band wannabees, one band one of my friends dragged me to quite a few times was great white, and it's NOT the band everyone knows of as that name these days. No, the original band that called themselfs that was Van Halen, trust me when i say when they started out, even being stoned, eddie sounded like chit. My other famous person was Ozzy. early 70s, im a helper for a carpenter doing woodbutcher work downtown LA, day is over, woodbutcher takes me to the Hyatt bar across the street, some longhair at the bar, plastered, it was Ozzy first day of being informed his wife wanted a divorice. and NO, i did not know who he was, bartender told me.

Well out there in LA you never know who you may run into, I would think even more back then before everyone had there entourage because there so important.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Well you can never get that signed again. I'll never forget the only time I seen him, very nice man and was in no rush to finish the show. One thing I remember that surprised me was he spent a lot of time talking with the audience and telling stories between songs, a very down to earth guy.   

• Like 2

Hey guys...starting to work on 2nd cup...

Was unable to post Friday....cuz I had to be at my dentist office by 8:00 am. Friday afternoon my wife pulled a crown off her tooth (not a amp). So she got an appointment 1st thing. She also told them I was having some issues that I have been putting off, so they got me in to. It was a quick fix for her to put the crown back on but she needs another crown and some other work. this will be done in a few weeks.

Now for me, I cracked a tooth a few months back....was not bothering me but I know we had to do something. So we ended up putting a crown on that one. I also lost one of my crowns awhile ago and kept putting it off, now I can't find it. So he might have to make another if I can't locate it.

Now my dentist is really a cool guy....He invites me over his house to practice Karate with him every month....he has a bunch of Karate people come over. He is a Back Belt is a style of Kenpo Karate. So my dentist....my friend...hurts me in three ways...

1st he sticks needles in my mouth and drills on my teeth.....

2nd he digs deep into my pocket for the "1st"

3rd he beats me up in all kinds of ways.....

Shouldn't I get some kind of discount?????....NOT... lol lol

a good day to all..

MKP:-)

• Like 4

• Moderators
Now for me, I cracked a tooth a few months back....was not bothering me but I know we had to do something. So we ended up putting a crown on that one. I also lost one of my crowns awhile ago and kept putting it off, now I can't find it. So he might have to make another if I can't locate it.

Been through the same in the last year, I hate going to the dentist. I didn't crack a tooth I broke off two older crowns, after what they call a bone density test he said I could not get implants I had to get a partial plate, which is like having a bunch of gum stuck to the roof of your mouth whenever you wear it.  I was so nervous when he went to remove what was left of the old crowns he said my blood pressure was to high for him to do anything. He asked me why the BP was so high and I told him because of you, your a dentist I hate dentist, he laughed and said this will fix it just breath this for a while, well he was right, after a while I didn't care what was happening.

It ended up not hurting, I think, so he must be a good dentist, I know he is very good at picking assistants, they were all easy to look at.  

• Like 4

Afternoon everyone............  

Just finished installing my outdoor audio system on the deck.   All worked out without a hitch, very neat and trim and the new receiver fits perfectly in the Vermont Castings lower cabinet.  I have some photos on the iPad which I will share.

The sound from the TIC speakers (their flagship model) is clean and clear, and because they are about 8 feet up, the sound carries very well throughout the yard.  They can be turned 180 degrees to the right and left with a gentle twist.   I don't have them locked down that tight, so they can be moved on the fly...     I cranked it up and WOW  :o  , you can hear it echoing off the trees!, and this was when I took a walk out in front of the house !!

I have the AC running down under the grill, the AUX cable for the iPad under the left wing counter tray, speaker wires come up through the deck behind the grill and go under the back...    For now, the Sherwood is sitting on milk crate, so plenty of air circulating around... :)

Ok, TONIGHT, is a silent film with the big pipe organ we tuned this week.  Well known organist coming in from Boston, featured movie will be 'Robin Hood' .....   Later we all go out to the wine bar which is actually in a Tunnel, and for which it is named (The Tunnel Bar) for some fine vino AND eats...  :D

More tomorrow..........  Enjoy the rest of your day...  :emotion-29:

............Gary 

PS.  Just went to the dentist for a cleaning.........after a nice report, my tech calls in the dentist to have a second look, next thing "You have a little something on this tooth, NOT a cavity..."    Well, this is the second time for this and he drilled for what ever reason and of course, the resin fillings ain't cheap...   So, he wants to do more!!!   I am going to cancel the appointment and see if I can get a second opinion from another dentist!  Sometimes I think they make stuff up, especially when the teeth are NOT bothering me and there are NO cavities or gum issues!..... :angry2:

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 8

Good job Gary.....would like to hear it and have a glass of vino on your deck with you and Chris!   Have fun tonight.

Went to a concert of Americana music last night......in Airlie Gardens which is on the ICWW.  A beautiful night and saw a bunch of familiar faces.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-46: and Gents 

• Like 5

Good evening friends....

Thanks for that Chuck, if you ever come north ;0) ................... Nice flower shots too (0:

I brought the iPad to the church where the silent film is being shown..... I took some photos for you all....

Here is a shot of the console...... Organ built in 1921 and is UNaltered meaning, it sounds just as it did back in the day! The organist's monitor to accomp the silent film is ready....image.jpg5_6.jpg

• Like 5

In side the main chamber.....image.jpg3_21.jpg

In the front corner, you see the reflecting light on the wooden resonators of the pedal reed. The tops of the lowest notes can be seen just under the ceiling.. The left most pipe sounds at 16 Hz. It was responsible for knocking a fluorescent lighting fixture out of the ceiling and onto many small pipes in another chamber nearly 3 stories up.....We fixed that, but not the shaking of the plaster walls and such......image.jpg4_13.jpg

• Like 4

In side the main chamber.....image.jpg3_21.jpg

In the front corner, you see the reflecting light on the wooden resonators of the pedal reed. The tops of the lowest notes can be seen just under the ceiling.. The left most pipe sounds at 16 Hz. It was responsible for knocking a fluorescent lighting fixture out of the ceiling and onto many small pipes in another chamber nearly 3 stories up.....We fixed that, but not the shaking of the plaster walls and such......image.jpg4_13.jpg

I cannot have one of these (space inhibited Mancave)

So iv got the next best thing, or so the neighbors say, guy next door wonders if i built an organ.

The is a plus to having eight 15" push/pull subs :ph34r:

• Like 5

Good to see everyone and for your compliments... ;0) Show's about to start, but I will try to keep uploading for you...

Here is a view from my pew, boss is sitting behind me, the ladder to the chamber is ready and in place just in case something goes wacky ;0)image.jpg1_239.jpg

• Like 6