Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Critter had his bath....and I did as well.  Lard butt is up to 123 pounds and I have to lift him into the car and into the bathtub :blink:

After his bath we stopped by the ABC store for alcohol.  Wanted to try a chocolate martini for the LF.  First attempt was mighty tasty.

What ingredients?  I normally use raspberry/chocolate vodka and cream de cacao.

• Like 3

Finlandia vodka, Duggans, Crème De Cocoa.  Shake exactly 81 times with gusto.  Garnished with fresh mint.   

Next time will swirl chocolate syrup in chilled martini glass and garnish with Hershy Kiss, mint, and shaved chocolate.

On a full moon you only need 64 shakes.....gravitational pull thing you know :P

• Like 6

Hello friends, just in from work and checking the activities here in C&C..........   Having too much fun I see ;) !

Nice drinks Chuck! 

YES, there will be photos of the deck system for you all, just have to finish it up, which I hope will be Saturday at least....  Don't get too excited about the sub, it is GREEN in color to match the '360' satellite system that TIC makes.  It will live next to the grill and I am thinking that it will match the two umbrellas......BUT, I may paint it to match the deck colors, we'll see if green grows on me :huh: ...  

Also have to finish up some things with main speaker and subwoofer settings in the Longfellow Theater.........   I moved the Velodyne out of there to live with the Khorns and the Pinnacle Sub-350 is out of the studio and went into the theater, a NEW environment for it, and adjustments will have to be made I'm sure...  :rolleyes:   It won't play as low as the F-1500, but it has more power, and with DUAL 12" drivers (one BEHIND the other) it hits harder for explosional impact :o (did I just make up a new word??)

Ok, off to the monthly motorcycle rider club meeting, then to an Italian dinner experience afterword..

Catch you all a bit later..

..........Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 5

Ok, off to the monthly motorcycle rider club meeting, then to an Italian dinner experience afterword

May not have caught you were a rider. BMW. or other?

Thanks!

Getting thirsty again. Women and men come to fiound out :) like delicious beverages, nice pic's an bonapetit

123 pounds...Holy smoker!

• Like 4

• Moderators

Don't get too excited about the sub, it is GREEN in color to match the '360' satellite system that TIC makes.

I had to look them up, and yep it's what I though they were when you said green. Many years ago I heard some in a store and thought they sounded really good, went home and after thinking about it for a few weeks wanted to get a couple, So we went back to the store and they were gone, asked and they didn't know if they were going to get any more or not. they never did and I searched all over without finding any. It didn't help that I didn't know the brand name but everyone knew what they looked like but didn't know where to get them.

Never did find them, but now were useing something else anyway. I do remember they had surprising sound and nice bass considering the size and being weather proof.

Very nice

post-9700-0-97940000-1432248092_thumb.jp

• Like 6

• Moderators
Next time will swirl chocolate syrup in chilled martini glass and garnish with Hershy Kiss, mint, and shaved chocolate. On a full moon you only need 64 shakes.....gravitational pull thing you know

No wonder the LF is always smiling, you take good care of her. :D

64 shakes well there must have been no moon when Carl made his in Hope, it was 100 shakes, not 99 and not 101. :D  It could be the elevation difference and geographical location, technical things those martinis are, I had no idea, need to remember where I'm at, and the moon phase ! :o  :ph34r:  :P

• Like 4

Finlandia vodka, Duggans, Crème De Cocoa.  Shake exactly 81 times with gusto.  Garnished with fresh mint.   

Next time will swirl chocolate syrup in chilled martini glass and garnish with Hershy Kiss, mint, and shaved chocolate.

On a full moon you only need 64 shakes.....gravitational pull thing you know :P

That sounds tasty, Duggans does what Baileys cannot.

• Like 4

Good LATE evening friends....

Well, dTel you are correct on that model.   One of the reviewers mentioned they saw them all over Disneyworld !   Company has been in business since the 70ies...!  

Chuck, I bought the flagship speakers in the 'Architectural' series,  model 'ASP-120' ...  These also feature a 70volt option for commercial use...  Another reviewer bought them for his INDOOR audio system!    Here is the link to the page  http://www.ticcorp.com/patio_speakers.htm  They really do sound amazing, as they have a 6.5" bass driver, titanium tweeter and tuned front duct.  The sub will cross them over at 200Hz. and up and of course takes it down from there...    I will have more info and my own photos for you all on Saturday as soon as I finish the installation...

You can also let me know if I should paint the speaker to match the floor OR the railing balustrades ^_^ .

OH,   BillyBob........  I ride a Suzuki M90 (1500cc.) muscle cruiser...  You hardly ever see them... More common is the M-109 (the big brother = 1800cc.).  There are only a handful of bike models from various manufactures in this class....  If a Harley, you would compare it to a V-Rod ...    This one shares sport bike cues from the Hyabusa, yet, it has a model specific V-Twin...  All 32 bit. computer controlled, dual fuel injection throttle bodies (yes, it has TWO air filters), 2 sparkplugs / 4 valves per cyl.  and even a pair of catalytic converters in the dual exhaust system...!

Won't bore you with any more other then it is black with bits of deep blue metal flakes in the finish and of course some chrome...  :)

Time for bed, as it is 12 midnight here in the east!

More on Friday......

......Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 5

Its a TGIF good morning to you all................. :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

I will be at my usual post this evening over in RTM for a music listening session per usual, if your not busy, stop by and join in :emotion-22:  :emotion-46:   :emotion-29:  :emotion-19:  I'll be there around 8pm. eastern :smile:

Enjoy your day for what ever you are into...... :wink:

.....................Gary

• Like 6

Friday greetings guys. Starting to realize how much weather affects moods .... ours continues to suck. This will really play hell with our bragging rights about "Sunny Colorado." Of course, as one who has settled into retirement pretty much, it encourages me to be even lazier than usual! Big plans for the day are a haircut, Baxter's walk (between rain episodes) and finding a movie to watch in the HT tonight for date night with better half. Exhausting, I know, but worth it.

Chuck, Jake says he's just 'big boned' and not fat. Baxter agrees and wants to get on the same diet plan.

Later folks .....and cheers to all.

• Like 4

Morning gang, 4 day weekend for me here.  I will miss going to work on my favorite day of the week, Monday.  Oh well, well over due for some time off.  Finished my first class last night, with an A, 25 more to go.  Well getting ready to head to the lake to continue to drive that well point.  I will pick up a post driver this morning to give it a try, it might save my pipe from damage as opposed to using a sledge.  Coffee is good in my fav. Klipsch mug, I have been trying some new coffees and so far all have been good.  As for outdoor systems, I am going to pick a bluetooth receiver for  a Sansui receiver, and my Klipsch KSB 1.1.  The KSB 1.1s are made out of ABS plastic.  According to Colter these were the same as the first outdoor speaker, just painted white and the port hole was plugged.   I just need to find a place to mount them on the camper, and run speaker wire to them.

Well the wife is yelling at me to get a list of things needed for the lake, so got to run.  See you all later.

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 6

Morning Gang

Coffee should be perked, a few of those and maybe a nap.

Lately iv been adding Carnation canned milk then a smiddgin of the Duggans, enhances the Duggans bigtime.

Walking out to the cave, see the Dodge sitting there. nope no interest, maybe Sat/Sun.

Crow t Robot parts slowley arriving, Crow go's for +- $500 on the Bay and im around that price already, no biggie.

Wife is trying to talk me in pulling the plane out of Hayward and taking it up to Reno, should i guess.

Everyone have a safe looong weeked, i continue with mine :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

• Like 6

OH, BillyBob........ I ride a Suzuki M90 (1500cc.) muscle cruiser... You hardly ever see them... More common is the M-109 (the big brother = 1800cc.). There are only a handful of bike models from various manufactures in this class.... If a Harley, you would compare it to a V-Rod ... This one shares sport bike cues from the Hyabusa, yet, it has a model specific V-Twin... All 32 bit. computer controlled, dual fuel injection throttle bodies (yes, it has TWO air filters), 2 sparkplugs / 4 valves per cyl. and even a pair of catalytic converters in the dual exhaust system...! Won't bore you with any more other then it is black with bits of deep blue metal flakes in the finish and of course some chrome...

That sounds and looks like a very nice bike for sure. Got rid of my 500 Honda mid-cruiser as was too top heavy. Nan and I just spoke with her brother from Oldtown, Maine when I found out he had a Honda 1100 for the last 5 years, and did a 1200 mile ride into Canada with a bud camping out along the way. Needless to say, I still have the yearning to replace mine now. Thanks!

Not that it matters much but, my first was a Suzuki 50 in late sixties. Good and reliable!

Hope that works for you duder!

Nan's sister and my bud from the early 70's coming over in the afternoon. Have to pace myself with a diet Lite ao won't be snookered before sundown. So been cleaning house. Working this weekend so, have to see if I get a ribeye off of friends new Brinkman baby smoker... Enjoy and guess I will be around some this w/e

• Like 4

Good morning (Still) Gang

Up from catnap, made Belgains and second pot of Dickinsons Beans are screaming from boiling water being dumped on them, pot making strange noises.

Think ill shop for a tad bigger coffee pot today :emotion-21: , wife being retired now, she is around helping me dirnk the pot, so no more cold coffee leftovers.

• Like 7

Think ill shop for a tad bigger coffee pot today

When mine goes I'm going to get a Bunn. 

Been shopping the Bay, indeed saw the Bun(s), Dam there is a lot of coffee makers out there.

Decided 15 cup max puts me a unique class.

Shopping for Rc stuff, servo controll acc.learning about this Rc stuff, Quite a world for an Rc hobbyest.

Iced Coffee W/Duggans, pretty tasty, almost ready to put this in a blender.....hummm :)

• Like 3