Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Sunday morning friends....

Nice discussions all around here and now I will add some photos from the audio project yesterday.... Here is the underside of the new subwoofer with HD cable made for putting in the ground.....image.jpg3_23.jpg

• Like 6

The cabinet does not come with feet, as it is supposed to go in ground or be set in a garden, since this is on the deck, I found some old feet saved from a receiver or cassette deck...image.jpg5_7.jpg

Then attached them with the clear silicone adhesive, also have hooked it up to the system as you can see, cables run to the grill cabinet.image.jpg6_4.jpg

Here is a shot of the receiver inside...image.jpg4_14.jpg

Sub in its place beside the grill, and in between the mains....image.jpg8_1.jpg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 7

Thanks Muel...I will try to find it.  Minermark, can you build me a couple RC artificial carpenter bees that are faster and can outsmart the real thing?  Come on, you got the schit to do it.  They need to be faster and smarter and be equipped with laser sights and tiny missiles and flame throwers.  How quick can you get them to me?  The scotch is on it's way.  About to start 2nd OT of Blackhawks/Ducks playoffs.  Forced to sip another vodka and cranberry on the rocks!   :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:

About 10 years back one of my Pub Mates was telling me he built a gardning bench for his wife out behind his garage, she liked it but wanted a few outlets, so wile installing a few, that was my first experience with these Bees, i know what your talking about, when i saw their holes, i injeced RTV silicone into the holes, and filled them up.

Never saw a Bee again after plugging the holes.

Now as far as this RC Bee, sure i can build one but it would be the size of a toaster!

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7

TNR

On my Stihl string trimmer there is a metal screen grid over the exhaust port. If this becomes clogged with 2 stroke oil residue it will not let the engine breathe properly causing some of the conditions you describes. My trimmer was doing the same thing a couple seasons ago and the dealer tipped me this as the problem. Use a metal bristle brush, brass works well, and clean the crap off the screen. The engine can breath again and performace was back to normal. 

Stihl 2 strokes are designed to run flat out 100% off the time. When used like most home owners, idling, off/on with partial throttle, the exhaust loads up with 2 stroke oil and clogs this screen filter. Cleaning the screen worked wonders on mine and it was free advice from a dealer no less. So now when I need anything Stihl related I head back to the same place that tipped me to a free solution to problem he could easily have charged me a hour or two of labor.

"Stihl 2 strokes are designed to run flat out 100% of the time"

You know your right, when goldmining we need to clear our roads, iv got a Stihl 32" bar, runs great flat out, idle sucks.

• Like 6

Morning Gang

First cup Duggans/Carnation Enhanced Fresh Ground Dickinsins Blend, wow saying that, sounds like that chick that is in front of you at Starbucks!

All the parts are sittin here for the Truck Hub assy, maybe later.

Big race day today, all kinds of racing, missed all the Pub pools for the race(s).

Looking at the weather in Texas, the whole state is getting slammed.

• Like 7

Third cup and the Pot is empty, wife is giving me the "Eye", so how is the new coffee maker search going dear?

Guess id better buy one today off the Bay, way more fun buying Rc stuff though.

80s for the next ten days, Temps should keep the Skeeters in check altough there is always one waiting for me in the Cave every morning.

Ooops, i hear the coffee grinder going in the house, :blink:

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4

TNR

On my Stihl string trimmer there is a metal screen grid over the exhaust port. If this becomes clogged with 2 stroke oil residue it will not let the engine breathe properly causing some of the conditions you describes. My trimmer was doing the same thing a couple seasons ago and the dealer tipped me this as the problem. Use a metal bristle brush, brass works well, and clean the crap off the screen. The engine can breath again and performace was back to normal. 

Stihl 2 strokes are designed to run flat out 100% off the time. When used like most home owners, idling, off/on with partial throttle, the exhaust loads up with 2 stroke oil and clogs this screen filter. Cleaning the screen worked wonders on mine and it was free advice from a dealer no less. So now when I need anything Stihl related I head back to the same place that tipped me to a free solution to problem he could easily have charged me a hour or two of labor.

You know your right, when goldmining we need to clear our roads, iv got a Stihl 32" bar, runs great flat out, idle sucks.

Thanks richieb...I have cleaned the muffler screen and the manual says something about bringing it to a Stihl dealer to have the muffler inspected.  I haven't removed the whole muffler though and tried to clean the muffler itself.  I think you may be right and it may be the cause.  Carb is still soaking and it is raining so it may be tomorrow or later in the week.

Chuck, deck looks outstanding.  I use Flood products too, but mine is fully exposed and is now getting a lot of tree pollen, sap, etc...Decks are nice, but they are far from maintenance free.  Kind of wish I did a composite one, but that stuff still seems to be in it's infancy.  Pricey and not yet proven to hold up.

MM, can you get the RC bee down to the size of a humming bird?  That will work!

Gary, what model is that Sherwood receiver?  How many WPC?  I still need to pick up a 2 channel receiver to drive my KP-320's I picked up last fall for outdoor use.  Was looking at the QSC and Crown.  Thinking I need 200 WPC or more.

Edited by tnr
  • Like 4

TNR

Thanks richieb...I have cleaned the muffler screen and the manual says something about bringing it to a Stihl dealer to have the muffler inspected.  I haven't removed the whole muffler though and tried to clean the muffler itself.  I think you may be right and it may be the cause.  Carb is still soaking and it is raining so it may be tomorrow or later in the week.

Chuck, deck looks outstanding.  I use Flood products too, but mine is fully exposed and is now getting a lot of tree pollen, sap, etc...Decks are nice, but they are far from maintenance free.  Kind of wish I did a composite one, but that stuff still seems to be in it's infancy.  Pricey and not yet proven to hold up.

Gary, what model is that Sherwood receiver?  How many WPC?  I still need to pick up a 2 channel receiver to drive my KP-320's I picked up last fall for outdoor use.  Was looking at the QVC and Crown.  Thinking I need 200 WPC or more.

Makes sense to me, we may be working on the wrong end !

Cannont get any fuel/air into it, if it cant get out the other end !

Pull that dam muffler and clear it, hell if your not worried about a spark arrester, id poke a couple holes in that screen.

• Like 4

TNR

Gary, what model is that Sherwood receiver?  How many WPC?  I still need to pick up a 2 channel receiver to drive my KP-320's I picked up last fall for outdoor use.  Was looking at the QVC and Crown.  Thinking I need 200 WPC or more.

Makes sense to me, we may be working on the wrong end !

Cannont get any fuel/air into it, if it cant get out the other end !

Pull that dam muffler and clear it, hell if your not worried about a spark arrester, id poke a couple holes in that screen.

SOB.  Damn, it was one of my Stihl chain saws that I cleaned the screen many times.  Just looked at the brushwacker, and I have never cleaned it, but I don't see a screen, so, right on boys, I am betting it is the muffler.  I will remove it and see if it comes apart and clean the crap out of it ....literally!  Thanks again richieb and MM.  Stihl recommends a 50:1 mix which is pretty lean.  A lot of folks tell me to run richer, but Stihl techs have told me stay at 50:1.  When you think about it you nearly always run chain saws wide open, and concrete saws, but line trimmers and brush wackers seldom run WOT.  I'll keep you posted.  I am optimistic this is the problem. :)  

• Like 5

Good late morning............coffee gone, kitchen cleaned up...

Thanks for the likes my friends :wink:

WELL, I get all this done, and my neighbors are out and cleaning their lovely inground pool.   I yell over a good morning and Butch (the husband) wants to know when he will hear this great sound system...   I said "how about right now?"   He said let it rip.   So, I put on the Diana Krall greatest hits and I got a big thumbs up :emotion-21:    

Now, that just ended and I asked if they had had enough......  (oh, and my other neighbors came out and went into their Jacuzzi and seemed to enjoy the tunes which are at a pretty loud volume btw.)  Pat yelled back that they wanted more and asked who the artist of the first album was.   So now, I have Ann Hampton Callaway playing (Easy Living) = full album....     I LOVE my neighbors :smile:

Todd, I highly recommend this little receiver, this one is 100 wpc. and is PLENTY for this system.  The speaker efficiency is only around 89 db. across the  board, so, yours may play louder at lower volume settings..   

Model is RX-4208.....  ( The next model up has Blue Tooth I think. )     This one was only about $110...   The remote is one of the best designed.  All the important stuff is right on it, NO menus to run through.   Bass, Treble, Balance and even SPEAKER SWITCHING is on it !!!  Where have you seen that on a remote ??   

All for now.............got a concert coming up in the late afternoon, got to run over some tunes and pack the gear...

More later tonight, or tomorrow morning.....    Enjoy the day :emotion-29:

............Gary  

• Like 6

Hey guys....

Was out of touch yesterday cuz the shop office is torn up.....so no wi-fi......and the office is still torn.....

OMG we did not get home till 3:30 am this morning......we did the wall paper thing on the office walls and put a coat of paint on the ceiling (needs a 2nd coat) 

You know Mark if you were closer I'd take you up on the dually.....I don't work on alot of big stuff at the "Honda" shop.....they don't fit in the shop. But I have done some big truck stuff.....I'll just pull it up to my one bay and do the work on the lot. Now if the job requires a lift then it's not a job for me.. It's a pain working on my F250, the lift can pick it up but it's so tight working around it.

Ahhh the bee thing.....yea I got those things also.....They are starting to attack the lumber on the deck.....yea I don't think so...a shot of brake clean in the hole...there done!!...I don't like killing them, cuz I like bugs and things....but I'm sorry they can't drill into the deck. 

tnr...hope you get the Stihl thing worked out, I have a Stihl back pack blower I love, no problems with it ....so far...

Chuck... the deck looks great.....good work my man...

Gary.. cool set-up for the tune on the deck....get jammin my man....

and all my other peeps have a great day......I'm heading back to the shop to trim carpet and get the office ready for work on Tuesday. I want this done today...

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Looks like a gallon is the smallest container it comes in.  Hopefully the Gumout soak and cleaning the muffler is the ticket.

Coffee down, biscuits & sausage gravy down, on to Bloody Mary's and the Indy 500.  I don't think I can wait to tackle the muffler and put the thing back together.  May get to it today after all.

MKP:

"Ahhh the bee thing.....yea I got those things also.....They are starting to attack the lumber on the deck.....yea I don't think so...a shot of brake clean in the hole...there done!!...I don't like killing them, cuz I like bugs and things....but I'm sorry they can't drill into the deck."

Brake clean, huh?  Yep, once they start doing damage, they are done!  They have the whole world to explore, but they have to mess with our houses and decks.  I will have to try it.

Edited by tnr
  • Like 4

• Moderators
On my Stihl string trimmer there is a metal screen grid over the exhaust port. If this becomes clogged with 2 stroke oil residue it will not let the engine breathe properly causing some of the conditions you describes

True, had this happen before with different brand, another time in the spring I couldn't get it to start, took apart the carb cleaned it along with the spark plug, nothing dead. thought about the exhaust again and when I looked bees had filled it with dirt, cleaned it out and it started fine, felt like a dumbass. 

I usually have to clean out the wind chimes once a summer when they start sounding dull, they fill up with dirt from the bees.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6

• Moderators
Time for breakfast and coffee :0)))

I would think it's going to sound really good out on your patio, very nice. Just to make it last longer considering your winter weather, I would store it inside during the winter, probably wouldn't be using it much out there anyway. ? 

• Like 4

• Moderators
Second coat applied....just need to remove painters tape when the floor dries.

That looks great, I love porches, especially when they have rocking chairs, very nice and a good place to sit out with the LF. 

• Like 5