Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hey guys..

Been busy all week....my daughters birthday was fun.

We went to the Honey Pig and grubbed out.   awesome. only if you like MEAT.

So here are the pics of my deck and grill.  i am  having difficulty loading some of the pics - files too large.

i will send you some with the grill in action!

Happy friday!

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-96300000-1432335901_thumb.j

post-58704-0-74780000-1432336055_thumb.j

post-58704-0-49180000-1432336098_thumb.j

post-58704-0-51140000-1432336544_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 8

Hey guys..

Been busy all week....my daughters birthday was fun.

We went to the Honey Pig and grubbed out.   awesome. only if you like MEAT.

So here are the pics of my deck and grill.  i am  having difficulty loading some of the pics - files too large.

i will send you some with the grill in action!

Happy friday!

Now THAT is a party deck :emotion-21:

• Like 7

Evening gang

Im now a member of a "Bot Forum" and have been sourcing parts.

MST3000 is not what it once was, but still has a following, as i understand it they call us "Mistys" :o

Will be playin Truck Mech in the morning, watched a few youtube Vids, yep, i can do this  :emotion-21: 

• Like 5

Retirees and you working stiffs on holiday it's Saturday.  Get out there and tackle those projects or the next cup of coffee.

I scrubbed the front porch with a brush and house wash yesterday.  Taped off the area not to be stained just now.  Getting equipment ready to roll the 40'x8' deck.  Doesn't take but about an hour.  I use a Flood product called advanced water proofing finish in a cedartone color. 

Coffee and a light breakfast done....the critter walked.....LF off to play tennis.

Nice deck MKP!  Waiting to see Gary's deck and speakers.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 8

Morning gang

Pot should be perked by now....Ah yes, wee Bit of the Duggans/Carnation :emotion-44::emotion-21:

Trying to engage brain into the Mechanical Mode, attack the day.

Memory came back to me this morning, guy offered me his Electrostatic's the other day, do not know much about those things.

I remember when seeing them he had Mono SS and was telling me the "Films" could use replacing.

That means basket case as i remember, maybe ill look into those sometime.

Another thing i remember was they were two foot by six and hung from the celing, he quit using them 20+ years ago.

• Like 3

Morning Guys..

1st cup well under way...

Me and the wife stayed late at the shop last night....We are re-doing the office. We took all the stuff out last night, pulled up the carpet. So today will be painting the ceiling and putting up some wall coverings. The walls suck.. The walls have some type of panels, they look like it's from the 70's. Paint won't stick so we'll try the cover-up thing. 

If it was up to me I would gut the office and put up dry wall, but it's not my building. So i'm not putting the money in it. 

Thanks for the nice words on the deck....It took forever to load pics, the wife had to do it for me. Right now the deck is 34'x24', the plan is to take it all the way to the end of the house. another 24'. Then I want to grade the back yard right up to the deck. then when all that's done I want a nice Koi pond. That's the grand plan....we'll see what happens.

Well gotta roll out...the pain brush and roller are calling me.....and I HATE painting. Gotta do what man gotta do...

Oh but we'll pumping out the jams today....will be putting the Carver in the 375 watt range....lol lol

Wishing all a great day..

• Like 6

Morning Guys..

1st cup well under way...

Me and the wife stayed late at the shop last night....We are re-doing the office. We took all the stuff out last night, pulled up the carpet. So today will be painting the ceiling and putting up some wall coverings. The walls suck.. The walls have some type of panels, they look like it's from the 70's. Paint won't stick so we'll try the cover-up thing. 

If it was up to me I would gut the office and put up dry wall, but it's not my building. So i'm not putting the money in it. 

Thanks for the nice words on the deck....It took forever to load pics, the wife had to do it for me. Right now the deck is 34'x24', the plan is to take it all the way to the end of the house. another 24'. Then I want to grade the back yard right up to the deck. then when all that's done I want a nice Koi pond. That's the grand plan....we'll see what happens.

Well gotta roll out...the pain brush and roller are calling me.....and I HATE painting. Gotta do what man gotta do...

Oh but we'll pumping out the jams today....will be putting the Carver in the 375 watt range....lol lol

Wishing all a great day..

Trade Ya, i'll paint, you handle this Dodge dragging, scored, :lol:  rotor thingy for me

• Like 6

OMG, there's this strange brightness in the sky peeking through the cloud cover. Could it be?? I recall reading about this 'sun' thing at some point in the distant past. We'll see. Stay tuned.

Mornin' gang and happy long weekend. Great looking deck, MKP. Wish I had one like that!! I don't mind the painting, it's all the crap that goes with it, as in prep. my paint project is mostly at the stage of actually applying paint but it's been to ****ing rainy and wet to do it for at least a week.

Be safe and well, guys, and, cheers. Check back later.

• Like 5

Welp, it dont look like MKP wants to get out of painting, i just dont understand why, google says its only 2,745 miles and 37 hrs with NO traffic, id be dodging Tornado's, Floods, Skeeters and bad truck stop food, hummm, after thinking of the drive, the only thought i have now is, better fire up the compressor, and Where did i put that at 25 ton airjack?

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

Good morning!  On 2nd cup of self ground Cameron's Highlander Grogg.  Going down smooth.  I have a carpenter bee problem.  I love my battery operated fly zappers of varying types and strength.  I am thinking about putting up some metal screening like you would use for window screeens (under the soffits) and wiring some low voltage to zap the baztards.  They say they are generally harmless from a stinging standpoint but my house soffits & fascia would disagree.  They drill cylindrical holes in wood and are very destructive and they fly around like a high tech military helicopter. Faster than the speed of light...very intimidating.

220px-Carpenter_bee_head_and_compound_ey

Minermark & others, how would I go about wiring something like this.  Could I use a small dc battery like this one?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Rechargeable-12-Volt-Battery/700551.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dbattery%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=battery

Have a great Memorial Day weekend and a HUGE Thank you to all the veterans and active duty service folks in our great country!

• Like 4

Finished the deck and steps by 10:30 and tools cleaned and put away.  Pics to follow.

tnr......I have carpenter bees too.  Is your house cedar siding and trim?  They love my cedar.  I have tried insect bombs and sprays but the best control I have found is a tennis racket.  Seriously....when they hover to look at me I send them to the neighbors yard with a strong swing of the racket.  Actuall I haven't done that in years but the one summer I tried that method I had fewer bees.  Just hate to kill anything but flies, mosquitos, or roaches.

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 4

Good morning!  On 2nd cup of self ground Cameron's Highlander Grogg.  Going down smooth.  I have a carpenter bee problem.  I love my battery operated fly zappers of varying types and strength.  I am thinking about putting up some metal screening like you would use for window screeens (under the soffits) and wiring some low voltage to zap the baztards.  They say they are generally harmless from a stinging standpoint but my house soffits & fascia would disagree.  They drill cylindrical holes in wood and are very destructive and they fly around like a high tech military helicopter. Faster than the speed of light...very intimidating.

220px-Carpenter_bee_head_and_compound_ey

Minermark & others, how would I go about wiring something like this.  Could I use a small dc battery like this one?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Rechargeable-12-Volt-Battery/700551.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dbattery%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=battery

Have a great Memorial Day weekend and a HUGE Thank you to all the veterans and active duty service folks in our great country!

My Farm Bud's are on me all the time, wanting me to do the same type things, and yes it can be done, known for years how to go about something like antibug systems, but this is why i say NO, Bug fly's into energised screen--ZaP, he's dead, drops in flames into dried brush/leaves, and bingo, no more house.

• Like 3

Yes, Tarheel, my house is full log but the fascia is cedar and the soffits are pine.  I have tried spraying with stuff that is suppose to work and they still are present.

Minermark, I promise to have all the dead leaves removed.  You invent it, and we will market it.  Maybe we just use the minimal amount of voltage to zap them, but not burst them into flames.  No risk, no reward!

• Like 5

Hey guys.. Been busy all week....my daughters birthday was fun. We went to the Honey Pig and grubbed out. awesome. only if you like MEAT. So here are the pics of my deck and grill. i am having difficulty loading some of the pics - files too large. i will send you some with the grill in action

Dang, that deck dwarfs ours. A hammock would be fun. didn't know they have air conditioning up there.

Yes some pic's of that serious looking cooker in action if you can sometime.

Watched that Jack Reacher DVD last evening then and actually like Cruise in his role, alright. Enjoy your long weekend folks!

• Like 5

Good day everyone.....

Looks like projects are underway for everyone!! I got my deck audio all finished with the new subwoofer and it is very satisfying... I do run the bass up on the receiver to make the sub work and the mains with the 6.5" drivers make great mid basses now ;0)

It is cool here, only 58 degrees on the L.L. Bean brass thermo and breezy... Time to enjoy the tunes and plant my tomatoes (0:

Chuck, I am working on the photos.... The sub has NO feet, as it is made to be placed on the ground OR partially IN ground. So, I had some nice feet from the underside of a receiver that went rack mount, and put them on with silicone (clear) and that is curing now, sub is upside down, I think it will be ok to listen to...

Mark, sounds like a job to procrastinate over..... Let's hear how it went...

Todd, good luck with those bees........we have them here, but the house is clad in vinyl, to there is no exposed wood, but they were hanging around the soffets... One was hovering right in my face, I took a big breath and blew at it, and it took off ;0)) funny as hell (0;

Ok, off to make the garden.....

......Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 5