Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Sunday morning everyone... :emotion-44:  :emotion-44: :emotion-44:  

Thanks Chuck.............it was a fun and fine time......late dinner out at a local brewery uptown, paid for by boss was also very nice, and the organist was a pleasure to talk with and learn more about some 'behind the scenes' stuff going on in the pipeorgan/recording world ^_^ ...

OK, pancake / sausage / bacon breakfast with PERC Starbucks coffee done, kitchen cleaned, outdoor sound system entertaining me and the neighbors with Diana Krall for the FIRST TIME...   I hope they like it, those TIC speakers are very impressive!   :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  Pictures of the system forthcoming..

Time to mow lawn for the first time.............wash down the deck from yellow pollen and then hopefully a nice pasta dinner al fresco for later this evening :)  

More later my friends............enjoy your Sunday :wink:

............Gary

• Like 7

Hey guys...

Well Tigerman it sounds like you got a good day planed....

I'm still working on the 1st cup...was up late last night watching some dumb a$$ movie with the wife... We do the Net-Flix thing... The move was Tusk.....I thought it was gonna be silly but.....anyway.....I give it a thumbs down..

We did go to the movies last week. We saw the new Avengers move, we liked that

So today I think I will be putting together my new grill....Last week I pulled out the old grill and was cleaning it up. Some of the burner plates were broke and few of the burners need replacing. I told the wife this is the last year for the grill....She looked at and said "that old grill is not going on our new deck!!"(this is the 1st year of our new deck....three long years of building). When the wife says it's time for a new grill....who am I to argue..

OK guys...Wishing all a great Sunday..

MKP:-)

• Like 5

• Moderators
When the wife says it's time for a new grill....who am I to argue..

Smart wife, listen to her, at least when she says get a new grill.

Thanks for the pic's Tigerman, never heard a pipe organ in person, have to try it one day.

• Like 4

Good Afternoon Gang

Every three months the city sends out a notice for yard/junk clean up, pile it the street kind of thing.

Lived here six years and this is the first time the wife and i have a pile, Boat leftovers, bushes, half a tree.

Wife and i started nippin at the Lagavulin about an hour ago, that helps.

As best as i can remember, the last time i picked up the business end of a wheelbarrow, i was 10.

Crankin SRV all day, im sure the neighbors know im out in the yard, not a peep, not a person all day.... :)

• Like 6

Good afternoon everyone......   LOVE to see some photos of the new deck and grill MKP :)   DO SHOW !!

Dtel, you would NEVER believe the power of some of these instruments when you get up close and personal, I was in that one last night setting up those lights and the organist was going over some music for the action scenes....   It kept getting louder and bigger with each passing second, next thing my pant legs were vibrating from the roar of it all PLUS the big 32' pipes along that wall........it is beyond a stereo effect.  2.5 story WALL of pipe chambers in front of me and then that whole section in those blue photos behind me.........I very quickly grabbed my earplugs and put them in !

The amazing thing with it all, is it is powered by WIND, no amps, no speakers and the sheer volume would take tens of thousands of watts I'm sure

:o !

Lawn mower serviced=fresh oil / fuel.....damn thing started on the first pull after sitting since last year, same old gas too (a little left in tank).   I don't understand why I have never had old fuel go bad.  So many people I know run into mucked up carbs and fuel systems....   I use 93 octane for all the gas powered tools, it seems to have a longer life for what ever reason.

OK, front and rear lawns done...

NEW Sandstone painting of St. Francis statue done...

Deck hosed down and clean for dinner party...

Snowblower stored away...

THREE 16.5 oz.  of spring water consumed, time for a shower I think ^_^

....more later...

........Gary

• Like 5

Ah, Mark, hear you there with the music...............

I had my live Diana Krall going, then went on to some other Jazz trio recordings, ended with some very cool and spacy New Age, good low end test for the new system.   Neighbors  sliders are all wide open (2 homes and all 3 back yards meet ours) so they were both getting an ear full at a good volume all afternoon............no complaints and no sliders were shut :emotion-21:    a good thing :wink:

• Like 4

Ah, Mark, hear you there with the music...............

I had my live Diana Krall going, then went on to some other Jazz trio recordings, ended with some very cool and spacy New Age, good low end test for the new system.   Neighbors  sliders are all wide open (2 homes and all 3 back yards meet ours) so they were both getting an ear full at a good volume all afternoon............no complaints and no sliders were shut :emotion-21:    a good thing :wink:

Well, the one thing i paid a mind to when this current system was done, was the age of the neighbors, thinking what they grew up with, because i can handle anything but Rap.

So, guy next door is 89, benny goodman era, guy on the back side of me 30s, new age current, got it handled.

I play everything from Patsy Cline to Avenged sevenfold.

So i figure they can put up with my "Pipe Organ", so far so good.

• Like 5

Well I didn't want to leave you all hanging this week so I thought I would stop in and say hi.   Been busy trying to drive a sand point by hand, things were going good until my drive coupler got screwed up.  Sounds like you all have been busy this last week as well.  Well I should be popping in time and again in different threads, so if you miss me you can all ways find me lurking in the shadows :ph34r: .

• Like 5

• Moderators
Been busy trying to drive a sand point by hand, things were going good until my drive coupler got screwed up.

OK.....this is going to need more explaining ?

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

Some places in Florida has water not far below  level. PVC pipe with water at pressure, can go down to the water, or sometime, aquifer.

Provided not too rocky, lol!  ;)

What do you say man?

Good photography speaks for and to itself. Beautiful space  Gary then. Very spacious yet focused to just the right position. Pipes vibrating my pantlegs is enough to consider, I have found the profession I wanted, plus, it is my job. Maybe it is, or not. No doubt different.  Very  involving.

Thanks for posts all of you! Waco

Edited by billybob
  • Like 4

Good morning friends................. :emotion-44:

BIllyB. you are welcome, my pleasure to share..........its seems that many here are interested in the technically mechanical/electrical and the pipe organ is loaded with it....   Pipe organs have also come a LONG way in the way the pipes are controlled.   Digital / computerized relay systems have been installed by our firm since 1991.    There are now pipe organs that are using BLUE TOOTH to communicate to the pipes WITHOUT wires from the console !!   Its amazing...  :smile:

Back to the organ grind (pun intended  :wink: ) and the usual Monday band rehearsal...  Big show coming up Sunday...

Enjoy your day...... :emotion-29:

............Gary

• Like 5

Morning gang

Moday eh ?

Must Fecth first cup, pot should bee done....

First cup going well.

Farm run today, cannot wait to see what they are biotching about this week,

Midwest weather is beating the chit outta of a few, hope everyone stays aware.

post-57941-0-20460000-1431955657_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5

Mornin' all. Been preoccupied with outdoor stuff the past couple of days and now trying to get caught up here. The rain is back and lousy forecast for the week, so projects are on hold again.

Gary, those are great pics and a great story. Keep 'em coming. Guess they wouldn't appreciate my country/rock on an incredible instrument like that! (We did do some jammin' last week). When we travel to Germany, we always make a point of touring a cathedral or two and the first thing I look for is the organ loft. Will be going again in a couple of weeks.

Chuck, love your clematis. Ours is starting to bloom too. MKP, let us know which grill you get (pics).

Happy Monday.

• Like 5

That Clematis is lovely! Nan will want one, if she does not have now. ;)

Friend bought a Brinkman baby smoker(?) to replace another one for Memorial Day.

It has 2 covered compartments and uses wood/coal(?) We'll see if any good.

Not for babies...OT   ;)

• Like 5