Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning y'all!

How many were going through withdrawals, with the BB Down for maintenance?

Im on my third cup and going 100 Mph, been up getting an education on Adrino and the world of Bot's from the experts.

Built some Bots as a youngin, but nothing like you can do these days, design, procure parts, all with a mouse!

And there are "BOT" forums also, that is where iv been.

Iv only been trying to get to this hobby for 40 years, so by god it's TIME!

• Like 6

I think it would be fun going forward for all sports to rotate the kind of ball they play with.  I can see Lebron dribbling a bowling ball now.  Tiger teeing off on a hockey puck.  Brady passing a basketball. 

Taking LF to outdoor jazz concert at the Bellamy Mansion tonight.  Weather should be great.

Annuity deposit finally posted.....5 days late.  Jerk wads :angry:

Jake slept out last night.  Prefers digging in the dirt behind the boxwoods to a soft bed in AC....go figure.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 5

Hey guys....

Just got the grandaughter on the bus, grandson is home today with pink-eye...oh yea....the pink eye is still in the house. My left eye is good but my right eye started Monday....got the drops it's getting better.

2nd cup almost done...getting ready to roll out. My youngest daughter will watch my drandson till his mom gets home.

Wishing all a great day...check in later...

MKP :-)

• Like 5

• Moderators

Whoever has that Toaster is a Wanted Man! :o 

:ph34r:

my bad

You pressed that button Chad said to never to touch didn't you, I thought it would have been Thad? :o  :huh:

• Like 4

And there are "BOT" forums also, that is where iv been. Iv only been trying to get to this hobby for 40 years, so by god it's TIME!

Just don't do this, we will just call it the xwife  robot. 

http://www.cnet.com/news/dawn-of-the-worlds-angriest-robot/

Angry Robots are old news these days, mine WILL be different, i will take well known Bots and engineer them to do things no one expects, now that, is brain food for the enginer, and entertaining when complete.

• Like 5

Evening gang

Tuna Melts on the way, Iced Duggans enriched Coffee going down smooth.

Newley retired wife strolls through the cave couple times a day, just kind of seeing what im up to.

She is ansering the door every other day because she is in the house, im out back, fedex/UPS every other day.

Today i ordered something off the Bay for her, nothing much but when she see's what comes in today, naturaly curious, a Circuit Board, what are you doing with this thing? Noisey Dishwasher repair parts dear, I just have to mess with her. 

post-57941-0-91500000-1431648116_thumb.j

• Like 6

Pretty fancy for a toaster.

Wife and i hide nothing from each other, but that is where it stops :ph34r:

I unwrapped it from the bubble wrap, gave it to her, and ask her to read me thhe model number (knowing she had to read every word on it) when she said "audio servo controller" i simply said yep, they sent the right one.

A little wile ago she came into the cave and tried some of my new beer, Guinness Blond, then i told her it's for the Bot dear, oh ok. 

• Like 7

Good ~~~ TGIF~~~ morning everyone.............. :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

It is with a bit of sadness as I learned while watching our 6am. newscast that BB.King had passed away last night :sad: ... As some of you may know, I was in a great blues band (that still continues today without my Hammond organ), and we covered a number of BB. King's hits. So, I put decided to put together this BluRay collection as a little tribute photo.... :)

I'll be playing some blues from Music Hall tonight around 8pm. eastern should you want to take a stop by RTM, OR join in with some plays of your own. We have a nice time there and it usually goes on late into the evening :emotion-19::emotion-46::emotion-22::emotion-29:image.jpg1_224.jpg

RIP Mr. King

.......Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 8

Morning Gang

It's Friday (had to check).

First cup, plenty of sleep, feeling nothing but in the mood for a Belgain.

So i see word has it BB has passed, losing these guys is not good in any way, we have no one coming up through the ranks that can come close to BB, or my Fav, Al.

We have been pretty lucky in the world of blues through out our life time, the youngin's have not messed it up like with what they call "Country" today.

post-57941-0-23060000-1431687885_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7

• Moderators

Yea back in business, last night I started getting a popup saying I had a computer virus, it was spyware, ran a full scan which took hours and nothing, so downloaded a free spybot and it seems to have caught it, we will see.

Hate to hear about BB King, I only seen him once by accident.

Back in the 70's I was out at a bar on Tchoupitoulas st called Rosie's, they made an announcement "if you want to see the concert downstairs pay $10 at the door by the stairs and go down".

I didn't even know there was anything going on so I figured why not, paid and went down stairs to a room about 40' wide and 60' long ? There was a stage on one end and it was filled with tables, so since I was one of the first in there I went and sat at a big round table that was touching the stage it was so close. Others came in and a man asked me if anyone else was sitting at that table, I said no have a seat not knowing who it was. After talking a while it turned out to Allen Toussaint, while talking he ask if I had ever seen BB King before and I said no but one day I would like to, he looked at me funny and laughed saying BB is playing here in a few minutes. :o I was shocked I had no idea, he thought it was really funny, I was just very surprised and shocked. During the show every time I turned and looked at Allen he would look back and laugh, probably thinking this dumb kid didn't even know who he came to see.

It turned out to be a great show I will never forget, BB King put his stool right in front of our table and would talk to Allan off and on throughout the show. I just sat there in shock 8' from BB King and 2' from Allan Toussaint, I must have looked like a deer in the headlights. It was amazing and the only time I have ever seen BB King play, the best  $10 I ever spent in my life.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 8

Your right that was dumb, but sometimes dumb luck and being in the right place works great. :emotion-21:  That was so long ago I was single :o

You've done well in the luck department over the years Elden.  From winning speakers to finding RB-75's at stupid prices to these tickets.  You done good!

• Like 3

Good friday Afternoon gang (had to check, yep it's Friday.

Up from Nap, cold coffee/Duggans nip.

Wife gearing up avacado dip, she is in the taco mood, who am i to say no ?

About ready to fire up the stack, kinda in the crankin mood.

Eldon i see met "The Man" :emotion-21: funny growing up in Socal i went to many backyard band wannabees, one band one of my friends dragged me to quite a few times was great white, and it's NOT the band everyone knows of as that name these days.

No, the original band that called themselfs that was Van Halen, trust me when i say when they started out, even being stoned, eddie sounded like chit.

My other famous person was Ozzy.

early 70s, im a helper for a carpenter doing woodbutcher work downtown LA, day is over, woodbutcher takes me to the Hyatt bar across the street, some longhair at the bar, plastered, it was Ozzy first day of being informed his wife wanted a divorice. and NO, i did not know who he was, bartender told me.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6