Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Holy Smokes Mark! Turn up slowly, lol

70Wpc on the top section, 300+Wpc on the Push/Pull lowers. CeC knows Push/Pull.

Do not run more than 1/4 volume, maybe 15Wpc, 20Wpc brings the pizzed off neighbor.

Lol, yes I believe Carl knows...Dang :)

• Like 3

Just back in from the Pub with wife, sent her to the Honey Baked store, breakfast w/lerry and then a shop visit.

Man im glad i waited to by this stuff on the Bay, because he gave me all kinds of NOS to tinker with wile learning servo control. he saved me a bunch and then some, he gave me some eye sockets he invented himself that just may be the ticket.

post-57941-0-71940000-1432146991_thumb.j

• Like 5

Thanks Mark for the photo and info... Yes, yes on buying the big stuff now..... Mainly spending on house upgrades / maintenance, and getting all the duckies in the row....another 3 or so years to go ;0)

• Like 6

Buy all your BIG stuff now, eliminate all payments.

Been payment free till a couple years ago.  I took out a 15 year home equity loan that I should have paid off in 6.  One car just has a little bit left to pay on it but Momma's getting a new one in August so there'll be that note for 4 years.  I'd like to jump off the treadmill in 5 years or so.

• Like 7

Buy all your BIG stuff now, eliminate all payments.

Been payment free till a couple years ago.  I took out a 15 year home equity loan that I should have paid off in 6.  One car just has a little bit left to pay on it but Momma's getting a new one in August so there'll be that note for 4 years.  I'd like to jump off the treadmill in 5 years or so.

Yep same here wife just retired on the first and her only request was one more new car.

Nevada move first.

• Like 4

Now that i have my little slection of servo stuff, time to Grind some Beans, make a pot of Dickinsons Blend, iv got some Bay shopping to do, Rc/mech/elect related, been wanting to spend money all dam week...finely  :emotion-21:  :emotion-44:  :D

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2

Morning Gang

I do beleive a farm run is on the agenda today, wire in the sub panel.

First cup of the Dickinsons Grind tasting mighty fine.

On my return home yesterday from jerrys shop of horrors, noticed left/rear brake hub making that metal noise we all like so much when pressing down the brake peddel, great, suppoes that will be a Fri day project.

(Disc front AND rear  :wacko:  , 3500 one ton Dually)

Well, it's Thursday for all you workers, im sure you know that, last holiday till the fourth !

• Like 5

Happy Thursday guys. Crummy weather continues here but it's given me time to work on some old tunes I like. Still no calls from Carnegie hall or Nashville, however. Damn the bad luck!

Mark, I love the speakers. Afraid I'd have to get some foundation work if I had those, but they look and probably sound fantastic.

Have a great day everyone and, of course, cheers.

• Like 4

Hello and good afternoon everyone....

Mark, I too am curious to Carl's question for you...

Back to the EAW thing.... I decided to check Google images for your speakers... Are you getting the Italy from a label on your bass drivers? I saw an EAW woofer that said Italy, which is probably one of a number of sources building their drivers...

LOOK at your input panel, and I am sure it will say EAW, Whitinsville, MA., where they are at three addresses in the historic mill building... Let me know what you find on the rear panels..... ;0)

Monday is the FIRST holiday of 2015 for this laborer :0)) Looking forward to a long weekend of music listening in Music Hall starting tomorrow evening, followed by our concert performance on Sunday.... Monday to play around the house, planting tomatoes and listening to the new outdoor audio system..

On the way (arriving tomorrow) a matching weather proof subwoofer will be added to this system and that should raise the 'fun factor' a notch or two ;0))

....more later...

....Gary

• Like 5

Howdy folks.  Hot and humid here....just in from a bike ride.  Jake is on his gel pad (present from LF) that turns cool from pressure....keeps his tummy cool.  He has been digging in the bushes so a bath is in order.

Just wrote a big check for wind and hail coverage so I will be poor for awhile.  One of the draw backs of retirement....not much money coming in.  Jake doesn't mind as long as I feed him or as he say's two hots and a cot.  Funny I went to Costco and bought the critter $70 dollars worth of goods and 18 eggs for me :wacko:

Not much going on so as always......

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 6

• Moderators

Pictures are MANDATORY for subwoofers B) Gary.  I didn't know if you knew the rules or not.

OK, I don't want to alarm anyone but it's actually raining here!  We haven't seen a drop since yesterday.

Yes pictures,  put it under the grill when you want to turn what your cooking, just turn up the volume. :emotion-55:  Sounds like something Carl would do, he tends to build monster subs :ph34r:

Just starting to rain again here, it skipped yesterday just long enough to heat up everything and get the humidity high, it was thick outside. :(

• Like 5

• Moderators
Just wrote a big check for wind and hail coverage so I will be poor for awhile.

Well that good, your almost guaranteed to not have damaging hail or high winds now.

• Like 3

Critter had his bath....and I did as well.  Lard butt is up to 123 pounds and I have to lift him into the car and into the bathtub :blink:

After his bath we stopped by the ABC store for alcohol.  Wanted to try a chocolate martini for the LF.  First attempt was mighty tasty.

post-17365-0-53860000-1432241991_thumb.j

post-17365-0-67060000-1432242006_thumb.j

• Like 6

• Moderators

Looks good, the first martini I ever had was a chocolate martini and it was good, the second martin I ever had was made by Carl in Hope and it was even better than the first, by far. :emotion-46:  

123 pounds he doesn't look that big, but I'm sure it feel's like it picking him up, you better stay in shape.

• Like 5