Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good midmorning gang

It would appear i have more of the "Jake" life, the only time im up is looking for another place to relax.

Looks like im the driver today for the dental appt, dam, need to shave for the first time since Sat.

Welp, on the bright side, maybe ill come home and finish the truck, maybe, ya know that's trying to plan 5hrs ahead.

I really better get the truck done, in another daay, ill forget how to do it...... :huh:   

• Like 7

LF skipped lunch to strum the Taylor on the refinished front porch. Home made chicken soup for me. A couple of pics......

Looking good, the porch came out nice also, BUT who's the old hippie looking dude out there with the LF ? :o  :P

You mean that handsome young guy?  You must be talking about Jake :)

• Like 5

• Moderators

Uh yea, I was talking about Jake, :ph34r:  yes must have been Jake, yep that's the story. :) But everything's looking good, cool porch, new paint inside, recoated porch, riding bikes with a shiny new LF and Jake, life's good, happy for you. B)  :emotion-21:  

• Like 6

• Moderators
MST3000, yes they call us "Mistys", well iv been called worse. Parts are still coming in and im reading up on the "Crow" project, only a few in history have gone with servo controls, and seeing a couple on youtube, they are crap. Will learn servo Control/Mech, iv got a great Mentor w/jerry jewell at skulltronix.com, he's been a bud for 20+ years, gave me all kinds of stuff to play with and is only 10miles away.

I use to watch a little MST3000, I thought it was funny but the movie part was hard to watch sometimes.

BUT I have to ask, been thinking about it so here goes......... :ph34r:

Building MST3000 robots, do your kids know, :o I ask because they may be thinking dad's loosing it, (maby even the wife wonders)  he's building robots from MST3000, OK that's probably not what they thought you would be doing when you retired. Although for some strange reason I have a feeling it may not totally surprise them, it sounds like you have not done the normal standard things for a long time if ever. I say that as a complement, anyone can be normal :mellow:

I only mean this in the best way, well, as best as building MST3000 robots can be at least. :P

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

MST3000, yes they call us "Mistys", well iv been called worse. Parts are still coming in and im reading up on the "Crow" project, only a few in history have gone with servo controls, and seeing a couple on youtube, they are crap. Will learn servo Control/Mech, iv got a great Mentor w/jerry jewell at skulltronix.com, he's been a bud for 20+ years, gave me all kinds of stuff to play with and is only 10miles away.

I use to watch a little MST3000, I thought it was funny but the movie part was hard to watch sometimes.

BUT I have to ask, been thinking about it so here goes......... :ph34r:

Building MST3000 robots, do your kids know, :o I ask because they may be thinking dad's loosing it, (maby even the wife wonders)  he's building robots from MST3000, OK that's probably not what they thought you would be doing when you retired. Although for some strange reason I have a feeling it may not totally surprise them, it sounds like you have not done the normal standard things for a long time if ever. I say that as a complement, anyone can be normal :mellow:

I only mean this in the best way, well, as best as building MST3000 robots can be at least. :P

Yes iv been making things , jump, hiss, scream, talk, and come out of nowhere for 20+ years, my thing has always been air powered, jerry and i hit off because he's been into servo controlled for just as long.

A few ideas he has at skulltronix are from me, i just throw in my ideas for him to produce/sell, not really into the halloween thing anymore.

Back in the day, the day after halloween, we would go and clean the front yard found tons of candy and most was not ours!

When we scared the kids and parents they threw their bags wile running. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: We were good, Dam good.

Check out jerry web site skulltronix.com   -jerry has gotten pretty good over the last few years, pretty neat stuff. 

• Like 6

Afternoon gang

Just back in from the wifes denist, looks like she will get one yanked in the morning.

Looks like my Main box of Mr Crow T Robot parts have arrived.

Still a boat load of servo control stuff on the way, kind of want everything in front of me, so i can stare at it.

Truck is fine sitting there, it's Resting...... -_- 

Cold Dickinsons blend coffee w/duggans......Blended :emotion-21::emotion-44::emotion-46:

I think ill call this a "Sweet Buzz"

• Like 7

• Moderators

So this is not new to you at all, I did check out the website. I would bet in a haunted house with the right lighting he could make some people wet there paints when things start to move.

There doing a lot more these days with servos, the servos also came a long way, with out them none of the drones or even just the little ones anybody can buy would work without servos. About the only experience I had with them was a radio controlled boat, it was wild, 70+ mph from a .65 cubic in motor running on 25% nitro. It was .65 cubic inches putting out almost 3 hp at crazy rpm's, it was a little scary.

• Like 6

Good hump day to all.  The rain is still hammering south east Texas this morning.  It's hard to tell where my pool ends and back yard starts.  Doesn't look like much relief is in store for us as the week continues either.

• Like 7

Mornin' all. We are getting our upper level painted this week and the joint is in disarray. I still have delusions of doing the lower level myself. We'll see. Baxter is visibly p.o.'ed that his house is different with furniture pulled out, etc.

Carl, my sympathies on all the rain. We've had a lot, but nothing like your area. Chuck, that front porch looks great and so does LF. Maybe you guys can start some guitar duets.

Cheers.

• Like 4

• Moderators
The rain is still hammering south east Texas this morning.

It would be nice if it could move a little to the West, even 50 miles would help they could use it in those lakes.

• Like 3

Good midmorning all

Just back in from the Dental/Pub run.

70s, 80s for the week, still looking at the Dodge.......still  :mellow: 

I suppose a Nap before The planned attack on the truck, what the hell, i did ask the wife if the Impact Gun would disturb her resting,

she just said no big deal.

On with Hump day.

• Like 3

Hey guys....

wi-fi still down at the shop so I have not been able to check in much....

My wife has asked me to ask you guys about posting pics....She is have a hell of a time loading up my pics....Is there something she's missing? It keeps telling her that pic is to big...Is there something she can do.

Well......we hope to have internet at the shop tomorrow.....we'll see

A good night to all

MKP :-)

• Like 2

Hey guys....

wi-fi still down at the shop so I have not been able to check in much....

My wife has asked me to ask you guys about posting pics....She is have a hell of a time loading up my pics....Is there something she's missing? It keeps telling her that pic is to big...Is there something she can do.

Well......we hope to have internet at the shop tomorrow.....we'll see

A good night to all

MKP :-)

I upload to Flickr, download in the medium 500 format from flickr. 

• Like 4