Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

That sub is as much about the installation as it is about the electronics.

I'd be happy to be a Beta tester for you.  What's another hole in the wall!

Will keep you appraised of the purchase/install in jerrys shop, before we tear this critter apart and give it to our Machinist who cannot wait to get his hands on it. he will do all R&D and everything for free as long as he ends up with one, he is also into audio.

Meanwile im in the Scotch,Cigars and tunes thread, since no coffee in the venue today.

• Like 4

Happy  T G I F morning to you all.............. :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

Went through the past few days of messages here on C&C....    I was wondering if you were all talking about a design based on the Thigpen subwoofer?   Their larger model has been used in churches for use with the pipe organs where space and cost are prohibitive to a true 32' rank of 12 pipes :wacko2: ...  I went to their website this morning and downloaded the test DVD file for the fun of it...   Wonder how my Velodyne will handle those low frequencies :ph34r: !

Mark, when I first saw that Thigpen, all I could think about was the actuator circuit for a constant speed prop, very similar concept :emotion-21: .

Ok, coffee will be soon on the way into work, as I need to stop at D&D's to pick up another bag of their Dark roast :smile:

Enjoy your day my friends, I'll be over at RTM tonight, looking forward to spinning some 'magnetic' media which I won on eBay last week, some Enoch Light on the Command label =  reel to reel....... :emotion-21: (hopefully it will arrive in the mailbox today!)

Chuck, thanks so much for sharing those photos of your front porch and very nice to see you both enjoying that outdoor space, wonderful :happy: .

Mark, hope you get your truck finished soon, sound like you need the thing after all :ohmy:

..............Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 8

TGIF to you too Gary as well as to all the regulars here.

No rain here last night when I got home (surprise!) so I got my lawn mowed.  The bad news is that I got my lawn mowed which means I'll spend most of the weekend working in my bathroom.  Oh well, it needs to get done.  I think I'll order shower valves and trim as well as faucets today.  Gotta have the shower valve soon so I can do the walls in there.  FYI, Amazon seems to have the best prices on Moen, Kohler and Delta stuff if anyone is ever looking.  I've been E-pricing most of the week. 

• Like 8

before we tear this critter apart

Are you reverse engineering one?

S,C and C thread.

Edit  I figured out it was S C and T

Yes, i did mess that up, i went there so as not to mess with tarheels thread too much, the other reason was i was nippin at the scotch :o

• Like 8

Happy  T G I F morning to you all.............. :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

Went through the past few days of messages here on C&C....    I was wondering if you were all talking about a design based on the Thigpen subwoofer?   Their larger model has been used in churches for use with the pipe organs where space and cost are prohibitive to a true 32' rank of 12 pipes :wacko2: ...  I went to their website this morning and downloaded the test DVD file for the fun of it...   Wonder how my Velodyne will handle those low frequencies :ph34r: !

Mark, when I first saw that Thigpen, all I could think about was the actuator circuit for a constant speed prop, very similar concept :emotion-21: .

Ok, coffee will be soon on the way into work, as I need to stop at D&D's to pick up another bag of their Dark roast :smile:

Enjoy your day my friends, I'll be over at RTM tonight, looking forward to spinning some 'magnetic' media which I won on eBay last week, some Enoch Light on the Command label =  reel to reel....... :emotion-21: (hopefully it will arrive in the mailbox today!)

Chuck, thanks so much for sharing those photos of your front porch and very nice to see you both enjoying that outdoor space, wonderful :happy: .

Mark, hope you get your truck finished soon, sound like you need the thing after all :ohmy:

..............Gary

Our machiinist has some prints, the Rc "Blade Pitch" mechanics do work, we want to get out hands on the TRW before we do anything else.

• Like 5

S,C and C thread.

Yes, i did mess that up, i went there so as not to mess with tarheels thread too much, the other reason was i was nippin at the scotch :o

No way to mess up my thread....no rules :)   I do try to mention coffee or cables every hundred pages or so.

• Like 7

Morning gang

Dickinsons Blend is perkin.

A good couple of cups and off to the Farm(s).

Dallas looks to be the flood zone this morning, dam man you guy be gettin saturated.

Looks like we will get a glut of "Flood Cars" this summer like we did after Katrina.

Im not going to knock the flood cars/trucks, that is how i got my Dodge, dealer (used) was trying to jack me, pulled a carfax and had them by the gonads, they ask 30K i got it for 20K plus 5year warrenty for ANYTHING that went wrong, todate, nothing has.

If your in Texas and in the way of more storms, id head out west for a week :emotion-21:

• Like 6

S,C and C thread.

No way to mess up my thread....no rules :)   I do try to mention coffee or cables every hundred pages or so.

Had some coffee this morning and I can see a cable running along the floor. Am I on topic??

Mornin' all. The sunshine is back and everyone here is starting to feel human again. Heading across the pond next week to see the kids and can't wait. Today will be spent making lists and moving our crap out of the way for the painter. Amazing how much the corners of a room can attract piles of stuff. My home office is a disaster after closer inspection. Oh well.

Happy Friday guys and cheers.

• Like 7

No way to mess up my thread....no rules    I do try to mention coffee or cables every hundred pages or so.

On cup # 3.  Do throttle cables count?  Stihl brushwacker update:  carb torn down, soaked, cleaned 3rd time.  Muffler screen removed & brushed thoroughly.  Was optimistic...still running fine WOT, but have to feather the throttle.  Took into Stihl dealer yesterday.  Tech ran it full throttle for several minutes, removed carb, put back together.  He advised running a few tanks of gas through it to see if it will work what ever out of it.  So at least I know it wasn't operator/self-mechanic error.  He didn't charge me anything, which was really nice.  Will probably end up replacing the carb, but will use it for awhile and see if it improves.  2-cycle engines are like boats...they don't like to be stored!

Rain moving in this afternoon and tomorrow, so if throttle cables don't count, I may re-install 8 analog audio cables from Oppo to Pioneer Elite AVR for SACD/DVDA, etc...I eliminated them for simplicity when I swapped my old Outlaw pre/pro with the AVR because it has HDMI, and my understanding was it should pass via HDMI.

MKP, 232k on my 1998 Honda Accord 4 cylinder.  Too bad it sits outside because rust has caused most of my issues, replaced gas tank, oil pan, brake lines, exhaust, etc...What happened to getting a complete exhaust system replaced for $300?  The front pipe alone was over $200 and I don't believe it is stainless like the original. 

Nice job on the bathroom remodel Carl!  I have one waiting for you when you are done.  Haven't used the shower in our main bath for a year.  Water just trickles out.  I have the hot and cold faucet handles off and ready to remove the valves, but there are no shut offs for the shower supply lines.  Why don't they install shut offs for showers?  Should be code in my opinion.  Anyway, been procrastinating it in fear that I will screw something up and then not be able to turn the water back on.  Now that we are beyond Winter, I will try to get some courage like the cowardly lion and tackle it.

220px-Cowardly_lion2.jpg

Have a fun & productive weekend all!

• Like 5

BTW, anyone know anything about portable dehumidifiers?  Ran one for a few hours yesterday...bone dry.  Frigidaire 50 pint electronic controls model.  Called their service line, and the menu didn't even include dehumidifiers in their product mix.  Likely have to buy a new one.  Any recommendations?  This one may be about 10 years old already.  They just don't make things to last any more.  A bet there is a timer in there to tell it to quit after so many hours.  Maybe I can find it and trick it or set it back to zero.   :unsure:  

• Like 2

Why don't they install shut offs for showers?

No idea but I've never seen it.   You'd need access in a wall if you were going that route, there's also more of a chance for a leak if you have a valve inline as opposed to just a straight piece of copper.  If you get in a bind on your project, PM me.  I'll give you my number and we can hash it out over the phone.

I've had a Whirlpool dehumidifier for well over 10 years and it's still sucking water out of the air.  Don't know if they still make them or not but mine's been great.

• Like 3

Todd...I switched to pre mixed gas in the can (red can) a 50:1 mix and I have not had the weed eater, chain saw, or blower fail to start.  The weed eater and blower are Stihl equipment and the chain saw a 20" Poulan.  Yep it's pricey but even after long cold winters they fire right up. 

• Like 5