Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hear you there Mark....................   Even the K'horns are a bit of a bear to move around single handedly, for which I use a hand truck!   They have to sit on their SIDES on the truck which is risky and because they are two wide, and also, the top cabinet MUST come off to reduce the height around the hallway and door corners....what a pain, but mine are moved for the final time thank goodness!

Ok Chuck, lucky for you..........NOW, my neighbors across the street to the EAST, whom I have NOT talked to in an age caught me just as Istarting to mow the lawn.  (soon after, a storm came in and put a hault to all of that!!)   Anyway, they had questions.

First off, they commented on the MUSIC they have been hearing.  (I wasn't aware it was reaching all they way over to THEIR home!!!)  But, they love what they hear, mostly laid back jazz and good New Age stuff as you all know...  

So, the wife and mother in law wanted to check out the system.   Up the deck we all went and they were amazed.   So, now, they want a system for their very large, raised, tile on concrete patio which faces out toward the woods...   Also, they want me to do landscape lighting for them as well...   So, we will get together and draw up plans for the whole deal...   Also have landscape lighting in the works for another neighbor to our north for uplighting 3 trees in the front garden.   They are waiting for the electrician to lay in a permanent underground AC line and weather proof duplex into the garden for my use with the power supplies etc.   Never ends... 

But there is NOT a single neighbor I don't get along with which is wonderful... :D

Right now, writing you all, finishing up a 4th and final MUG of Melitta coffee :emotion-44: , black with a hint of 'Sugar in the Raw'.....

More later....

.........enjoy the day....

........Gary  :emotion-29:

• Like 9

Hear you there Mark....................   Even the K'horns are a bit of a bear to move around single handedly, for which I use a hand truck!   They have to sit on their SIDES on the truck which is risky and because they are two wide, and also, the top cabinet MUST come off to reduce the height around the hallway and door corners....what a pain, but mine are moved for the final time thank goodness!

Ok Chuck, lucky for you..........NOW, my neighbors across the street to the EAST, whom I have NOT talked to in an age caught me just as Istarting to mow the lawn.  (soon after, a storm came in and put a hault to all of that!!)   Anyway, they had questions.

First off, they commented on the MUSIC they have been hearing.  (I wasn't aware it was reaching all they way over to THEIR home!!!)  But, they love what they hear, mostly laid back jazz and good New Age stuff as you all know...  

So, the wife and mother in law wanted to check out the system.   Up the deck we all went and they were amazed.   So, now, they want a system for their very large, raised, tile on concrete patio which faces out toward the woods...   Also, they want me to do landscape lighting for them as well...   So, we will get together and draw up plans for the whole deal...   Also have landscape lighting in the works for another neighbor to our north for uplighting 3 trees in the front garden.   They are waiting for the electrician to lay in a permanent underground AC line and weather proof duplex into the garden for my use with the power supplies etc.   Never ends... 

But there is NOT a single neighbor I don't get along with which is wonderful... :D

Right now, writing you all, finishing up a 4th and final MUG of Melitta coffee :emotion-44: , black with a hint of 'Sugar in the Raw'.....

More later....

.........enjoy the day....

........Gary  :emotion-29:

"But there is NOT a single neighbor I don't get along with which is wonderful... :D"

I can fix that :ph34r:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/158163-eastern-acoustic-works-eaw-norcal-2kobo/

• Like 7

Great that your many talents are recognized Gary!  They will get a first rate job from you.

JL....I know what you mean. I was shirtless doing work and totally wet by the time I finished.  Got to love summer in the south but I'll still take it over winter in the north.

Yep Gary it could be worse.  Mark could be a very close neighbor!  115 db at midnight.  There goes the neighborhood :)  :P

• Like 8

Yeah, i just listed the EAWs on the Bay, really would like to hear these Dam MCMs!

If i set up one stack in the wifes garage, her car will no longer fit.

So stacked against the wall they are.

Time for a Beer and Mr Crow T Robot.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

LOVE IT!!!  How are the mosquitos down there?  Does Rodney need a permanent caretaker?  My wife & I and two labs maybe looking to relocate.  Are you catching some slab crappies?  Looks like you are having an awesome time.    :emotion-21:  :emotion-19:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-46:  :emotion-29:

:)

Got some pics for y'all! This is our fishing spot and the view from our work space! Home away from home! Rodney's Lakehouse!

• image.jpg
  •  
  • image.jpg
  •  
  • image.jpg
  •  
  • image.jpg
  •  
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • Like 7

Morning folks....oops it's after 12:00 here.

In from the yard....mowing, edging, blowing, gutter cleaning.  Shower felt very nice.

There are some beautiful rosewood khorns 2 hours from here in excellent shape for $2500.  Wish I had another music room.

LF is doing yard work at her place and then off to the pool.  Jake is "resting his eyes".  I'm thinking about lunch.

Have a great weekend retirees and cheese chasers alike!

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

Chuck, will you please go get them and set them up in the LF's house?  You can't go wrong.  C'mon, go get them already!

• Like 7

Good sunday Morn gang

I posted my EAW stacks for sale last week, posted them in so many places i forgot where.

Looking for my speakers on the AG, tripped across some of the latest Snake Oil sales

Having fun cruising the AG snake oil offering(s) then go to the company site for the product, amazing the verbadge is always the same.

The ONLY thing Silver, is their toungs......

post-57941-0-24540000-1437314299_thumb.j

• Like 7

Happy Sunday guys. Wish I had something 'citing to report but, alas, it's yardwork folowed up by mesquite grilled ribeyes for our anniversary. Good stuff.

Did get the Cornwalls crankin' yesterday with some nostalgic good music by Gram Parsons and Gene Clark. Never gets dated, imo.

Have a great day and cheers!!

• Like 9

Happy anniversary Chuck!  Mesquite grilled ribeyes sound tasty.  Wish I was closer I would crash the party :wacko: but I know you love birds want to be alone :emotion-25:

As far as exciting post....that has never stopped me :)   I post about the following most every post.  LF, Jake, bike, yard work, martinis and occasionally coffee and cables. 

Christy and Elden.......where you is?

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 8

47 more Sancho....count down.  You can make it today.  Getting excited?

108 for Mark.  The big guys may be getting a two for one deal.

I still want a guest pass guys :huh:

I could if i call this a drinkin day, but when temps are above 80 im not really into Alc.

• Like 6

47 more Sancho....count down.  You can make it today.  Getting excited?

108 for Mark.  The big guys may be getting a two for one deal.

I still want a guest pass guys :huh:

I could if i call this a drinkin day, but when temps are above 80 im not really into Alc.

:o  :o  :o

• Like 5

Good morning / early afternoon my friends....

Just finished up a fine breakfast on the deck, Diana Krall crankin' for all the neighbors and of course, I am on my way to finish up the lawn which was a rain out yesterday shortly after staring it!, but, the sun is holding behind clouds, which is good, humidity is HIGH, so, need to get out there and mow!

Enjoy your day everyone, I'll check in later of course  :)

......oh yeah, tried a NEW version of coffee from Melitta this morning - still more staying warm on the range, and it is VERY good!  Called, Classic Blend...     :emotion-44:    :emotion-21:

..........Gary

PS. Thank Chuck,  it will be nice to see other homes landscape lighted after dark.   Right now, we are pretty much the only house in this 'gated'  neighborhood of  40 homes......

• Like 7