Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 minutes ago, richieb said:

----- I'm on my fourth partial cup, my wire has yet to tighten. I've got a long way to go until wired sets in. In reality it never does. Was told I have blood type "C" - caffeine. Transfusions are easy to come by ----

I've been fighting a balance issue, being treated for Positional Vertigo. I woke up light headed and dizzy. That cup of coffee made it worse. Now I'm wired, dizzy, and clumsy. I'm relegated to this computer for a while....sorry in advance for being a nuisance :D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I've been fighting a balance issue, being treated for Positional Vertigo. I woke up light headed and dizzy. That cup of coffee made it worse. Now I'm wired, dizzy, and clumsy. I'm relegated to this computer for a while....sorry in advance for being a nuisance :D

Sorry to hear. I would stay far, far away from a cup-o-Joe, no need to bring additional issues.I had a really bad heat related dizzy spell this summer and that feeling is the absolute worst. Is there meds for positive results? Take care ---- 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

Sorry to hear. I would stay far, far away from a cup-o-Joe, no need to bring additional issues.I had a really bad heat related dizzy spell this summer and that feeling is the absolute worst. Is there meds for positive results? Take care ---- 

I have tried a couple of meds, but they didn't work and they had terrible side affects. Last week, the therapist mentioned I might have an ocular issue also. I do have a weak Vestibular nerve in my right ear, and my eyes are forced to make up for the weak nerve, and my brain isn't adapting to the change very well. Sometimes I'll go for hours and feel fine, then it hits me quickly. 

Was your issue just a one time thing, the heat? It can scare you.

1 minute ago, Ceptorman said:

I have tried a couple of meds, but they didn't work and they had terrible side affects. Last week, the therapist mentioned I might have an ocular issue also. I do have a weak Vestibular nerve in my right ear, and my eyes are forced to make up for the weak nerve, and my brain isn't adapting to the change very well. Sometimes I'll go for hours and feel fine, then it hits me quickly. 

Was your issue just a one time thing, the heat? It can scare you.

So far, yes. And heat/humidity/de-hydration is what I believe the cause as does my nurse practitioner daughter. It took a good three days for back to normal. That feeling really does suck.  

9 minutes ago, richieb said:

So far, yes. And heat/humidity/de-hydration is what I believe the cause as does my nurse practitioner daughter. It took a good three days for back to normal. That feeling really does suck.  

That's handy having a medical pro in the family.

You know that feeling when you've gone WAY too long without eating, that lightheaded weak feeling? That's how I feel almost constantly. Eating doesn't help, and I tried :D

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Neil, the line "3rd, and final, 50th HS reunion" has me confused. I see three choices.

1. Your school had three different 50th reunions.

2. You went to there different high schools your final year.

3. It took you three years as a senior to graduate.

I'm just trying to be funny. I took Richie's advice and drank a cup of coffee earlier, now I'm wired :D

The truth is boring,  I went to two high schools, so that accounts for two of them, #1 & #3.  I think my father was in the witness protection program.  I went to reunion #3 for 2 years (9th-10th) and reunion #1 for two years (11th-12th).  I've stayed in contact with people from both schools.  The school from which I did not graduate (#3) invited me to the reunion before the music issue surfaced.

The #2 reunion was that of a college friend.  It was his request, more than a year ago, for a playlist of the best songs from 64-67 that precipitated the whole project.  Once I had that playlist compiled, the organizers of reunions #1 & #3 asked for music support also.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

The truth is boring,  I went to two high schools, so that accounts for two of them, #1 & #3.  I think my father was in the witness protection program.  I went to reunion #3 for 2 years (9th-10th) and reunion #1 for two years (11th-12th).  I've stayed in contact with people from both schools.  The school from which I did not graduate (#3) invited me to the reunion before the music issue surfaced.

The #2 reunion was that of a college friend.  It was his request, more than a year ago, for a playlist of the best songs from 64-67 that precipitated the whole project.  Once I had that playlist compiled, the organizers of reunions #1 & #3 asked for music support also.

That's nice for you to go to all of those, especially when you're supplying the sounds. 

Nine years ago my Dad went to his 60th HS reunion. I don't know if they're planning a 70th or not, there were only 6 or 7 at his 60th. He went to grade school in a 1 room schoolhouse, with grades 1-8 all mixed in together.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dtel said:

That's the problem I had taking blood pressure medicine.

Hope you start feeling better, that's a terrible feeling.  

It is a terrible feeling, especially not knowing when that feeling will hit me. Sometimes while driving, I just have to park somewhere safe and ride it out.

What really sucks is having one of the finest bikes Honda has ever made sitting in my garage, and knowing I better not ride it :mellow:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

It is a terrible feeling, especially not knowing when that feeling will hit me. Sometimes while driving, I just have to park somewhere safe and ride it out.

What really sucks is having one of the finest bikes Honda has ever made sitting in my garage, and knowing I better not ride it :mellow:

very sorry to read about your trouble I hope you can find a way through this problem. good luck and stay safe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

As you know I also owned that bike and had a brief episode of what you dealing with on a daily basis. This is an easy call --

Stay Damn Clear of that Bike! Not even in the cards until you see considerable improvement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

As you know I also owned that bike and had a brief episode of what you dealing with on a daily basis. This is an easy call --

Stay Damn Clear of that Bike! Not even in the cards until you see considerable improvement.

I hear ya! But that bike just yells "ride me"

I do have a nephew that I let ride it every so often, but as I'm sure you know, that's not the type of bike you let anyone ride, especially with a GP (reverse) shift pattern.

It's funny, my wife put the cover on it a few months ago...said it was getting dusty:D

45 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Thanks Moray, I am making progress. It's amazing how we sometimes take our bodies for granted.

here are some foods (herbs) which will help and not hurt with no side effects. Lots of sites discussing head manipulations to get dislodged calcium crystals into a better place to be reabsorbed b the body . They seem to have good results with a couple of such manipulations. Check it out.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/339384-herbs-vertigo/

3 hours ago, moray james said:

here are some foods (herbs) which will help and not hurt with no side effects. Lots of sites discussing head manipulations to get dislodged calcium crystals into a better place to be reabsorbed b the body . They seem to have good results with a couple of such manipulations. Check it out.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/339384-herbs-vertigo/

Thanks again. That site has a lot of helpful info, especially the Halo Top ice cream :D

I do like herbs, so does my wife. Ginko is growing in popularity, I think we will get some.

My last 2 visits to my therapist had her doing ocular exercises. I do have a weakened Vestibular nerve, but some of her findings has her concerned about my eyes. She says since my vest nerve is weak, and my eyes are called upon to help with balance, but my eyes aren't responding like she wants. I don't have a spinning sensation, things move in my vision. I'm also seeing a Neurologist, he has been talking about 3 past concussions I had, and was knocked out in 1 of them. I think I'm just getting old.

One good thing I've found out, according to my ENT doctor, I have exceptional hearing for a 54 year old. I've been wearing ear plugs for decades for any activity that produces excessive sounds. I even wear ear plugs while wearing a full face helmet.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I do have a nephew that I let ride it every so often, but as I'm sure you know, that's not the type of bike you let anyone ride, especially with a GP (reverse) shift pattern.

Your street bike is GP?

My race bike was GP, but my street bikes are standard. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Your street bike is GP?

My race bike was GP, but my street bikes are standard. 

Yep. I did it for a couple reasons.

It is easier to shift  GP.

Don't have to think about it if all my bikes are like that.

But mostly, to keep people from riding it. My nephew and 2 buddies are the only ones I've ever let ride it.

I'd let you ride it James:D You still ride?