Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

23 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Hey Rich @rplace

Who is that horn blower in your avatar?

Its me. Aren't we supposed to have Avatars of ourselves?

Actually it is Lee Morgan. If you are at all a student of Jazz my location should provide a smile. While not as cleaver as Jacksonbart's Pluto. I only have Allan Songer to thank for both Lee Morgan and my Blue Note fondness.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

What happen to Songer?  Didn't he rent musical props to the film industry?

Yes he did. Not just musical props but everything known to man he rents to studios. Really interesting to talk to him about that if you are a movie type of guy/gal. Not sure why he dropped off the Klipsch scene, but then I did for a few years while other things got in the way as well. I have an email address for him. Been meaning to drop him a line and thank him for opening my eyes to Jazz. Do you remember GaryMD? I was talking to him no long ago and he said he had been texting with Allan, so I guess he is alive and kicking. I seem to recall Gary said he is playing harmonica in a band.

Speaking of screen names from the past. Remember Boomac I think it was (Scott form Wisconsin)? I recently met him and his wife on the side of I-95 as they were traveling south. I picked up a vertical cornwall for another guy. That makes two pickup/drop offs for a total of 4 forum members just this year. Do I get an extra cable from your lottery winnings as a reward?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Yep that's the one.  I have it but it rarely gets played.  I bought it thinking that if Songer used it as his avatar it must be good.

Yea, I would have though the cream of the crop if Allan had it as avatar, maybe I'll find it cheap on CD before I dive in the LP deep end.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rplace said:

Lee Morgan....it was in my original reply.

Sorry, my reader is at lunch.

OK.  I see it now.  It was way down where the system BS is typically located, which I routinely ignore.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Sorry, my reader is at lunch.

Don't they have some Stephen Hawking device that works in reverse for you old guys that can't see?

I just checked Face to Face. IIRC Allan always liked the rare things. This one much the like True Blue by Tina Brooks in original form. Asking prices of $300 and $500 for original mono pressings. For that price I'll fly out to Cali and surprise Allan then listen to it on his system and fly back.

• Like 1