Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

... we have a Finance and Fortune game. Belonged to my grandmother

I believe it predates Monopoly. Same with very, very slight differences. Same company marketing them. ParkerBros

There is a, singular flower on my lilacs. And I see buds forming on a mammalaria [sp?] cactus.  The amaryllis is blooming, in the house. They are rescues from "the mall"/dump. Our kitchen table came from there. 40in round oak pedestal.  Stripped one coat of "antiquing" to reveal the wood. A couple coats of polyurethane ...

@Rxonmymind,

the reason I asked about sinus congestion is that it can make things taste "off". Sounds like it was the beans you were using as the problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't win with a 20:1 chance and 3 tickets.

should be working in the yard. A beauty of a day prolly 70` already - 10AM. Pulled some weeds outa my patch of tillable dirt. I'm bloody proud of that little piece. I can use a shovel after 6 years.  1st year was, dig a hole where I want to plant ... with a pick and bar. A 3 foot deep hole would leave you with a foot of dirt after you toss the rocks. There are earthworms. Still not good.  But, is better. Getting close to loam.  The "holes" are nearly all connected into rows.  Piling the rock higher and deeper required fence wire baskets. 6 feet tall, 2 feet in diameter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rxonmymind said:

Maybe it was the flavor. Lately I've been brewing this type of bean which looks like tea coffee. No matter how much grounds I put in it's never dark. 

So I brewed my favorite beans and while it was much better I think it's the residual effects of the flu as my body/flavor hasn't "snapped" back into place yet. 

Thanks for asking. 

Cables,tea,and cocktails 😱

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

LF is OOT for a week so I'm taking advantage of her garage.  I'm leaving the Bubble and Bubblette alone over night to see if I get a bunch of baby Bubbles.  I left a can of motor oil just to be safe.

IMG_2271.JPG

Are you hoping that they consummate....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

Something weird happening. Ever since the flu my taste for coffee has gone off the cliff. I usually have a cup after work as I normally have for the past ten years. Not yesterday. Got home thinking I'd have some but only managed to finish  half a cup of iced coffee. 

Strange times. :huh:

Its the end of the world as we know it.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

Are you hoping that they consummate....

When employed my German company acquired a small Japanese company and I was on site when our German technicians and their Japanese tech met for a small install. So no, Do Not hope for this --- ?!?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

Ever since the flu my taste for coffee has gone off the cliff.

10 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Was it the flavor?

did you have sinus congestion with the flu? 

or did the coffee "get to you". Edgy ...

Sinus for a week now but no flu and still drinking coffee even if it does taste a little different. I can quit anytime, really i can. :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4