Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Yes, Newman's Own sauce is pretty good. I don't mind it, and my last name ends in a vowel :D

My dad was half Italian and half Sicilian. He taught my mom. She was the tall blonde Swede ... cream sauce SOS.  Pop would have none of that. served in the Navy... I learned by watching her.  Recipe?  TLAR

sorry derailed myself

haven't tried a canned/bottled that is homemade, my way.

I'm still not sure how to take this. My wife says she doesn't like spaghetti. What she doesn't like about it.. the pasta    and the sauce.  Both

..... but she likes my spaghetti.    ????

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Wife dinna get tickets.  She'll be on it today.

Your wife's name is Dinna ?:mellow:

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

We had an impromptu visit from the kid. Was asking about dinner. Wife volunteers me to make spaghetti ... at 5PM and is expecting to be served at 6PM.

I pulled it off and the sauce was pretty good for not getting any simmer time.

What can they they expect in an hour, bet they ate it with no complaints. I use cans alot, plus many herbs and spices, I tell the wife get the cheapest sauce and cans of whole tomatoes you can find it makes no difference I am going to add so much to it. She usually gets a gallon of sauce and a gallon of peeled tomatoes.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The simmer all day is a Sicilian mother's myth, or at least not necessary...

I laughed when I read that. One time when I had way to many tomatoes from the garden I blanched them to get the skin off and put them in a big pot to make sauce, sounds good. Not doing this before I thought as it cooked, it's a little thin. No problem I will just cook it down a little and cooked it all day adding some herbs and seasoning. Having NO experience at this I didn't know what would happen, it was VERY strong after cooking all day. Had a great flavor but really strong, another few hours cooking and I would have made tomato paste. :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
14 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

I was just trying to find a english girl and a Bentley..

You found one, but a typical one these days, today it's all about me , myself and I for most girls. Easy to spot, can you find one shot in her video that does not have some kind of designer label in it, shoes, jacket, purse, pants it just goes on from there. Without these things they are just another girl, and god forbid that would happen in this what have you done for me lately world.

Still don't stop me for look at her paints as she walks away:huh: but she can keep the attitude and neediness.

:o

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I'm still not sure how to take this. My wife says she doesn't like spaghetti. What she doesn't like about it.. the pasta    and the sauce.  Both

..... but she likes my spaghetti.    ????

It's an academic thing we just wouldn't understand, she doesn't like any part of it but when it's all together it's fine, or she's :pwk_bs: you, I think it's the first part.  :P

Or it could be this............

men-understanding-women-logic.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I should be used to it. I grew up in an estrogen rich environment.  3 sisters.   No bros.

Oh yeah, they ate.  I figure that by the time I get done fixing the prepared sauces, I might as well have made scratch.

I make a lot of stuff from scratch. What are you going to do while you're waiting for the oven to preheat?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

You found one, but a typical one these days, today it's all about me , myself and I for most girls. Easy to spot, can you find one shot in her video that does not have some kind of designer label in it, shoes, jacket, purse, pants it just goes on from there. Without these things they are just another girl, and god forbid that would happen in this what have you done for me lately world.

Still don't stop me for look at her paints as she walks away:huh: but she can keep the attitude and neediness.

:o

Bring me , buy me , take me , spoil me....

There everywhere...... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1