Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- inquiring minds want to know --?!? I know you are a Bose lover at heart ---?!? 

Ah, nothing as dramatic or as inspiring as that....no new purchases, just repositioning, maybe.  We'll see.  Thankfully I have the luxury of not having to worry too much about room aesthetics, as I'm the only one who spends any time in the lower level music area, but, shocking as it may sound, I do have a sense of decor.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Rivervalleymgb said:

Going from electric bass to upright bass is not that difficult. You have to develop a feel for the right tone. Pick it with your fingers and forget the bow. I played electric before I started the upright. Only played Dixieland and dance music on the upright, not classical.

Interesting, thanks. There's just something about the sound a bow puts off.

• Like 3

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:
57 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

shocking as it may sound, I do have a sense of decor.....

Shocking as it sounds, I don't.

I do, I know exactly where I want the plywood boxes.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I'm sitting here. Playing MovingPicture about as loud as these R15M's will go. Looking at pics of my Scalas. Pretty sad.

ha ---- made ya smile

It is sad, I almost cried. :sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:
4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I'm sitting here. Playing MovingPicture about as loud as these R15M's will go. Looking at pics of my Scalas. Pretty sad.

ha ---- made ya smile

It is sad, I almost cried. :sad:

Damnit, I think I need to raise the price......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

better get your story straight to deny those tires and entertainment charges.  A guy in the military when i was in, was using his at a strip club -- didn’t take long for the bean counters to notice.

In today's world there is NO WAY I would do what I used to do. We no longer get MI&E as a standard we just get reimbursed what is spent for meals; ain't no more eating what you brung and getting full per diem at my company.

I understand. Travel on business is not to be added income but to cover cost; got it. Just need to get used to it. Now if government employees were held to the same............

6 minutes ago, USNRET said:

We no longer get MI&E as a standard we just get reimbursed what is spent for meals; ain't no more eating what you brung and getting full per diem at my company.

that sucks ... that was the only way that you could make money when on temp duty.  Loved it when i’d have to go to San Francisco and I’d get paid M&IE, then eat all my meals at my aunt’s house.  Back then we only had to provide lodging receipts.

• Like 1